THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody really think a baker should be forced to make

calfoxwc

And maybe it sounds strange coming from me, whom most of you guys think is far to the right, I don't think that's true.

I assume the huge majority of people are okay with anybody as long as they are cool. And think about it. You don't like segregation??? From the black Congressional Caucus to the black student unions to the black United students organizations in every college across the United States to the black prom a or the black Miss America or the black this or the black that that are raking in profits for race baiting entrepreneurs? That doesn't lead to segregation in your mind? Please.

WSS

Jesus, I hate those things. Like International Women's Day in my office. Give me a break.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't "coexist" when you are forced to condone what you don't condone.

That's just radical social engineering/gov in the extreme/democrat fringe.

It's sig heil woodpecker, though on a large scale. That's probly' where he gets it.

No doubt. So I think the firestorm surrounding a Baker not wanting to make a gay wedding cake is a little bit of a red herring if we want to talk about coexistence.

WSS

There's a very big and very obvious difference between getting annoyed with 'Women in Technology' day, black students' association, People's front of Judea, and refusing to serve women, black people and jews.

There's a very big and very obvious difference between getting annoyed with 'Women in Technology' day, black students' association, People's front of Judea, and refusing to serve women, black people and jews.

It legitimizes Balkanization.

On a wide and accepted scale.

Also you didn't mention those groups of people that you yourself would prefer to refuse service to... probably an oversight.

;)

WSS

It legitimizes Balkanization.

On a wide and accepted scale.

Also you didn't mention those groups of people that you yourself would prefer to refuse service to... probably an oversight.

;)

WSS

Refusing service to people on those grounds does, yes. Which is what I'm saying (currently, though as discussed, I'm not 100% sure where I stand) is wrong.

You know, I'm trying to think what it would be like if it happened over here, but I just can't picture a scenario where you'd have that kind of anti-gay discrimination. If it did happen to a gay couple, there would be outrage. If it happened because the customer was muslim, which I think is more likely, there'd be a lot less outrage - there's very little positive feeling towards the muslim community here.

You know, I'm trying to think what it would be like if it happened over here, but I just can't picture a scenario where you'd have that kind of anti-gay discrimination. If it did happen to a gay couple, there would be outrage. If it happened because the customer was muslim, which I think is more likely, there'd be a lot less outrage - there's very little positive feeling towards the muslim community here.

For that you must read and chant the Quran 5 times.

Refusing service to people on those grounds does, yes. Which is what I'm saying (currently, though as discussed, I'm not 100% sure where I stand) is wrong.

Ok.

well I guess at the risk beating a dead horse I would say that practices of promoting dozens if not hundreds of separatist minority organizations and activities and then criminalizing discrimination certainly serve to breed contempt.

WSS

Don't you mean the Judean Peoples Front?

Seriously, though, if someone doesn't want to bake me a wedding cake for whatever reason, and I go

to court to force him to do so, in addition to forcing 'sensitivity training' on him and all of his employees, then I

would have to think long and hard if I really want to eat anything made by this guy. Because I gotta tell you,

if I'm the cake-baker, that person is going to get the shittiest tasting cake he could ever imagine.

I saw Steve post something, but for the others, where exactly do you look in the bible to see that homosexuality is a sin?

Also, I agree with Chris. When this older generation is gone this won't even be an issue.

that was in response to your question. My assertion is the references to homosexuality in the Bible are small and at least somewhat vague. On the other hand references to helping the poor and turning the other cheek are all over the place. So back to my original assumption that people don't like homosexuality because it really really creeps them out.

And I don't see too many guys getting pissed off that we don't do enough for the poor.

WSS

Please, somebody teach woodpecker how to search the internet, and

stop with the constant questions of "where is...." and "what is" and "show me...."

etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Or, somebody teach him how to read, you know, with comprehension...

Go look it uup for your own stupid self. There IS a search function on browsers on the

internet. Who shows you how to leave your basement bunk every freakin morning?

Must be somebody smarter than you.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8149756_bible-marriage-between-man-woman.html

I wanted to know where you personally pull your belief from... but I guess that was too much to ask.

Fine, I'll google it....

Here seem to be the most straightforward entries...

From Leviticus:

18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

So, I'm surprised you aren't for the death penalty for gays as well.

How about these?

Any person who curseth his father or mother must be killed
~Leviticus 20:9

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be cut off from their people
~Leviticus 20:18

People who have flat noses, or are blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God
~Leviticus 21:17-18

Leviticus 11:7-8:

7 And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Do you follow these things from the Bible as well? Or are you just picking and choosing what to follow based on whatever you feel like? Don't get me wrong, doing anything just because it is in an old storybook is stupid, but why do some things and not others? What makes some of it "right" and some of it "wrong". I thought this was written by God... shouldn't it all be infallible?

I wanted to know where you personally pull your belief from... but I guess that was too much to ask.

Fine, I'll google it....

Here seem to be the most straightforward entries...

From Leviticus:

18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

So, I'm surprised you aren't for the death penalty for gays as well.

How about these?

Any person who curseth his father or mother must be killed

~Leviticus 20:9

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be cut off from their people

~Leviticus 20:18

People who have flat noses, or are blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God

~Leviticus 21:17-18

Leviticus 11:7-8:

7 And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Do you follow these things from the Bible as well? Or are you just picking and choosing what to follow based on whatever you feel like? Don't get me wrong, doing anything just because it is in an old storybook is stupid, but why do some things and not others? What makes some of it "right" and some of it "wrong". I thought this was written by God... shouldn't it all be infallible?

Woody, just to give you the general gist of Leviticus - whatever Jesus says goes, and when he came along he basically told people to not worry so much about the laws in Leviticus and the rest, so stuff you find in the old testament is basically reduced to fairy tales - unless you're jewish, obviously, in which case it's your holy book, hence why they don't eat pork etc.

So things in the old testament relating to mixing fabrics, not getting a tattoo saying homosexuality is a sin (it happens), and all the rest are disregarded. Look more at Steve's link about what the new testament and specifically Jesus had to say about it all, then discuss.

I have a friend who is both gay and christian, and we spent a while one evening going through the quotes to see what it says, and it turns out he's apparently going to hell! Point is, though, both of us agree the bible is wrong on this front, along with a whole load of our friends including our friends in the priesthood (or whatever position they hold).

Woody and Logic, we realize you guys hate the bible and make fun of people who are faithful. We get it. I don't care one way or the other what you believe to be honest. The thing with atheists is that they have to constantly grind away at making fun of it.

Woody, just to give you the general gist of Leviticus - whatever Jesus says goes, and when he came along he basically told people to not worry so much about the laws in Leviticus and the rest, so stuff you find in the old testament is basically reduced to fairy tales - unless you're jewish, obviously, in which case it's your holy book, hence why they don't eat pork etc.

So things in the old testament relating to mixing fabrics, not getting a tattoo saying homosexuality is a sin (it happens), and all the rest are disregarded. Look more at Steve's link about what the new testament and specifically Jesus had to say about it all, then discuss.

I have a friend who is both gay and christian, and we spent a while one evening going through the quotes to see what it says, and it turns out he's apparently going to hell! Point is, though, both of us agree the bible is wrong on this front, along with a whole load of our friends including our friends in the priesthood (or whatever position they hold).

For those of you seething over the book of Leviticus has the New Covenant come into your thinking at all?

WSS ?

See above?

Archived