THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody really think a baker should be forced to make

calfoxwc

Woody, just to give you the general gist of Leviticus - whatever Jesus says goes, and when he came along he basically told people to not worry so much about the laws in Leviticus and the rest, so stuff you find in the old testament is basically reduced to fairy tales - unless you're jewish, obviously, in which case it's your holy book, hence why they don't eat pork etc.

Actually, Jesus supposedly said this which seems to contradict even his golden rule.

The Fulfillment of the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

-Matthew 5

And what Jesus preached was a far cry from the letters that Paul wrote. Unfortunately, Paul's views had more influence on the growing church, and they're the backbone of the mess of an organization it became.

34 Women[a] should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.[b]

-1 Corinthians 14

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet.

-1 Timothy 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

Archived