TEAM AMERICA: World Cup

MLD Woody

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We adv with a tie or draw

We adv is we lose and Ghana v Portugal is a tie

We adv if we lose and beat the winner of Ghana/Portugal on goal differential

I think we are still going to adv. We have everything in our favor. Portugal should be the favorite against Ghana and they're -4 right now.

Plus, Klinsman is a German legend. Do we really think Germany is going to try to crush us? They probably won't come out and beat us by 2+. I think we got this

But god damn, that late goal was awful. For how well we played... a mistake early and one late killed us.

Holy shit though, these games have been great.

If we play the way we did against Portugal, we can draw with a German team who would rather skate by in their final game and rest up for the knock out rounds. We played a great game with only two major mistakes, unfortunately Portugal took advantage of both. We should've had three goals and Portugal truly only earned one (the last one.)

After a few drinks I'm much more optimistic about our chances. That last goal would be much tougher to stomach if we hadn't won the first game. I'd be concerned about a hang over but we still control our own destiny and have the upper hand which should be enough motivation going into the final game in group play.

If the USA wasn't a participant in that game I would say it was one of the best in the World Cup so far and I might be able to say that if we advance.

But we have to advance.

dudes are cramping like lebron james in the last 20 minutes.

i'll go on record as saying uraguay is my sleeper to get into the finals.

That's what happens when you play in the middle of a rain forest.

Ballsy pick. They still need to beat Italia to move to the knock out stage. Suarez is a baller though (I have a buddy who's a huge Liverpool fan. I'm pretty sure I've heard enough about Suarez to consider him family.) I'm looking forward to that game.

Screw that, watch it online. Our company has an internal stream set up. If you take the tube, the boards showing when the next trains are, are showing the scores. Can't really avoid it!

How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.

How do you guys feel about people like Jermaine Jones, who clearly is German - born in Germany, grew up there, played there from the age of 7 until last year? His dad is American, so he is eligible to play for you guys in that way.

It happens in many sports, basketball, baseball, etc. It just matters on his allegiance it is just preference. Or than maybe he knows the USA is awesomer, Merica.

We might've limped through but I'll take it. Yedlin (who I'm surprised Gipper hasn't been touting being an Akron product and all) has been great off the bench. Kid's fast as hell.

I just wish Russia could win their group. I want to knock their ass out.

I don't have a problem with it. Get back to me if he loses us a game.

Seeing as he is our second best player...

1279.gif

915.gif

I mean, come on, a guy named Jurgen Klinsmann, who played for Germany is our god damned coach. The alternative is Bill Bradley.

Archived