THE BROWNS BOARD

Tim Tebow is "Concrete Cyanide?"

Guest mz.

That's why Tim Tebow is so interesting to me. He's like Brandon Jacobs playing quarterback. He's 250 pounds. He's the strongest human being who's ever played the position. Ever. He will kick the living [expletive] out of a defensive lineman. He'll fight anybody. He is rare. Tebow is the kind of guy who could revolutionize the game. He's the 'WildDawg' who can throw. Most of the teams that have the WildDawg back there, it's Ronnie Brown, it's Jerious Norwood, it's whoever you want to say it is. This guy here is 250 pounds of concrete cyanide, man. And he can throw. He throws well enough at any level to play quarterback.

Look, I like Tebow just fine, but Gruden is making FOX's Thom Brennaman's feeling for Tebow look lukewarm in comparison.

via here.

I agree......a strong coach is going to play him at QB.....and win.

Tim is a winner...and anybody who doesn't appreciate that loses me.

If you are stuck in the "old" NFL, you won't get it.

Tebow strikes me as a bigger, stronger version of Eric Crouch--unless some NFL team is planning on going to the option, that means that he'll make someone a really good tight end and throw a pass every once in a while.

The big thing about this story is that, as an English major, I have to ask..."concrete cyanide"?! Really? That's the best he could come up with? That doesn't even make sense.

Dennis

The fact that Gruden is a fellow UD alum is even more embarassing...c'mon, Jon, since half the English faculty are fossils, I would bet we had at least one prof in common, and I know they teach you better than that.

Concrete Cyanide sounds like the name of a Metal band with lots of tattoos and piercings.

As for Tebow, he'll never make it as a starting QB in the NFL

DWJ

I agree......a strong coach is going to play him at QB.....and win.

Tim is a winner...and anybody who doesn't appreciate that loses me.

If you are stuck in the "old" NFL, you won't get it.

I think he CAN play BUT if he goes to a terrible team - it's gonna take a while to get used to the culture shock of not working with the best speed and talent in the league. Not only that, but you can go from an offensive mind of an Urban Meyer/Charlie Weis to a closed minded Romeo Crennel pretty freakin quickly. Just ask Brady Quinn how much fun that was. Notre Dame hasn't played in a big game since Quinn left.

- Tom F.

Urban Meyer coached Alex Smith at Utah, he went #1 to 49ers a few years ago and he's been horrible.

I think Tebows is a better athlete and he plays with a chip on his shoulder but his passing game is to weak to be a NFL quarterback.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing defense in the NFL.

im just waiting for tebow to play against defenses who have guys that are his size but faster. his game will be slowed down drastically when he goes pro. however kellen clemens thinks that his big size will make him a better pro qb... so does jamarcus russel.

im just waiting for tebow to play against defenses who have guys that are his size but faster. his game will be slowed down drastically when he goes pro. however kellen clemens thinks that his big size will make him a better pro qb... so does jamarcus russel.

Kellen Clemens isn't even big... ?

Vick was going to revolutionize the QB position....and look how that turned out. I am not referring to his legal problems...but somebody tell me what Vick ever did for the Falcons.

In five years he had a 53.8% completion rate and a 75.7 QBR.

He was 2-2 in the playoffs...but there isn't a single person out there who really thought of him as a top notch QB after a few years....and he has a lot more athletic ability than Tebow.

Tebow to me is Big Gay Ben with lesser passing skills.

Right now it isn't much of an argument, he wouldn't be a good NFL QB. But look how far he has come as a college QB in just 2 years. I hate to admit it as an OSU fan, but he's as driven as they come and there's a possibility he can learn. Big Gay Ben isn't exactly Drew Brees accurate either, he's broadly accurate. But his intangibles get it done.

Another year in college and a year or two on the bench in the NFL, it is not out of the question.

They just brought in ex-Magics (Barberton, OH) qb Scott Loeffler (extremely cerebral, had a shot to go all the way but has a rare blood disorder) to coach up Tim Tebow.

Scott is there to help him with his throwing motion and reads.

Never heard of Scott? He's worked with guys like Chad Henne, Tom Brady and Brian Griese, so Tim is getting a quality guy to work with him and further develop his game.

Guest Aloysius
The big thing about this story is that, as an English major, I have to ask..."concrete cyanide"?! Really? That's the best he could come up with? That doesn't even make sense.

I wonder what nickname Gruden would have given DA. He could have latched on to Horse Balls, but he probably would have added an expletive or two to it.

Teabag's college success is purely the result of trickery and uncertainty. If you watch the Gaytors play, he only does good on plays when the defense does not stay disciplined and stick to their assignments, more or less. NFL defenses are much better and far more disciplined.

You really don't understand football do you??

The object of football is trickery and uncertainty.

Just because your team doesn't do it well enough doesn't mean we have to.;)

If you actually watched some Gator football, you would see it isn't anything close to what you represent.

Look, I like Tebow just fine, but Gruden is making FOX's Thom Brennaman's feeling for Tebow look lukewarm in comparison.

via here.

yeah, the Bears had the same guy thirty plus years ago........he busted big time.............after the league adored him for four years

in the interview with Gruden...it went like this

Q: The spread is being run in high schools and colleges, is it possible it could be a base offense in the NFL one day?

A: "No question. The hard part is, you have to isolate the option. That's why Tim Tebow is so interesting to me. He's like Brandon Jacobs playing quarterback. He's 250 pounds. He's the strongest human being who's ever played the position. Ever. He will kick the living [expletive] out of a defensive lineman. He'll fight anybody. He is rare. Tebow is the kind of guy who could revolutionize the game. He's the 'WildDawg' who can throw. Most of the teams that have the WildDawg back there, it's Ronnie Brown, it's Jerious Norwood, it's whoever you want to say it is. This guy here is 250 pounds of concrete cyanide, man. And he can throw. He throws well enough at any level to play quarterback."

Q: Most people are dismissing Tebow as a quarterback in the NFL.

A: "He can play quarterback in the NFL. When he was a high school senior, they played Armwood in the state championship game. I have tape. He has an 80-yard touchdown run that put them in the lead. When it flipped around, and Armwood had the ball, what position do you think Tebow was playing? He was playing nose guard — and he disrupted about 10 plays. This guy is totally different. He's got Rich Gannon, Drew Brees, that kind of makeup as a team guy. What he said after the Ole Miss game, I said, 'That's my favorite football player I've ever seen in my whole life.' I said, 'I want Florida to win every game that kid plays from now on.'"

Vick was going to revolutionize the QB position....and look how that turned out. I am not referring to his legal problems...but somebody tell me what Vick ever did for the Falcons.

In five years he had a 53.8% completion rate and a 75.7 QBR.

He was 2-2 in the playoffs...but there isn't a single person out there who really thought of him as a top notch QB after a few years....and he has a lot more athletic ability than Tebow.

Tebow to me is Big Gay Ben with lesser passing skills.

I'll agree with that take 100%. Tebow may have a future in the NFL, but I'm betting it won't be at qb.

Like Ben in P'burgh, Tebo just WINS.....plain & simple, he finds ways to win. You can't coach that.

Mike

And the same is said about Vince Young but the Titans are looking to sign an over the hill caretaker qb to take his place.

And like everyone else said about Vick, another guy who was supposed to revolutionize the position and how did that turn out?

A qb has to be able to throw the ball (say it with my Lumms) accurately to be able to keep his job.

With that being said, if Scott can teach the kid a solid throwing motion and how to better read a D he could be the next Steve Young, but Young seemed to be a once in a lifetime kind of guy. I think I'm more hopeful than most because I played with Scott and he spent every waking minute in the film room, again, smart guy, and I'd like to see him crank out another Tom Brady and secure himself a future in football.

Would any of you guys draft Tebow if he falls far enough???? I would. He is clearly talented. I am sure we could find a place to use him

i would take him n the third round. i mean, since the browns are going to win the superbowl this year they will not need to draft that much in next year's draft.

You really don't understand football do you??

The object of football is trickery and uncertainty.

Just because your team doesn't do it well enough doesn't mean we have to.;)

If you actually watched some Gator football, you would see it isn't anything close to what you represent.

I understand it just fine. There's a reason the option isn't run in the NFL. Same reason Teabag or Meyer's offense wouldn't do to well either.

Archived