THE BROWNS BOARD

Tim Tebow is "Concrete Cyanide?"

Guest mz.

If Tebow can become a legit passer...not a guy who can throw the ball...but a guy who can actually use correct mechanics and go through his reads....he may have a chance of becoming a legit NFL QB.

I live in FL, so I know what Tebow looks like...and right now he is mechanically a mess. He also has very few reads.

Add into that the fact that he is a physical mismatch for COLLEGE players....and his passing stats look a lot better than he really is.

However, in the NFL...he will be faced with LB's and DL's that will NOT be overmatched by him physically...and the kind of punishment he will take (he is NOT elusive, so he WILL get hit hard) will take away a lot of his advantage.

He will end up either having a very short NFL career...or will have to learn to play more like Big Gay Ben...and even Ben is getting a beating every year.

I can't say I don't like him. I don't know him. But I hear it almost everyday for being an OSU fan here in Orlando. It's more of a habit than anything else. There are so many "Tebow fags" it sometimes irritates them to call him Teabag.

That explains it.....you still have a chapped ass from a few years ago.

Gruden said he thinks he can play in the NFL and the spread would work in the NFL.

So....I have a choice.....do I listen to John Gruden or Pumpkin Eater??

I am not trying to be insulting here, but you appear to have an agenda, which I respect, but none the less have to discount.

That explains it.....you still have a chapped ass from a few years ago.

Gruden said he thinks he can play in the NFL and the spread would work in the NFL.

So....I have a choice.....do I listen to John Gruden or Pumpkin Eater??

I am not trying to be insulting here, but you appear to have an agenda, which I respect, but none the less have to discount.

Ball,

That was hilarious! I wouldn't bet against Tebow. That kid LOVES football and Urban Meyer has expanded his passing game. Sure there's going to be mechanics and footwork to work on BUT the passion is there to put the work in. After they lost to Ole Miss and he vowed he'd get alot better. He did. That went a long way with his teammates and leadership. Someone like Belichick will draft Tebow.

- Tom F.

Ball,

That was hilarious! I wouldn't bet against Tebow. That kid LOVES football and Urban Meyer has expanded his passing game. Sure there's going to be mechanics and footwork to work on BUT the passion is there to put the work in. After they lost to Ole Miss and he vowed he'd get alot better. He did. That went a long way with his teammates and leadership. Someone like Belichick will draft Tebow.

- Tom F.

Maybe at TE, but not as a QB. Look, what Tebow and Florida do works great at the college level--trust me, I was nine rows off the field at Neyland this year when they showed just how well what they do works, and it does. However, that type of offense simply won't work down-to-down in the NFL. Everyone gets excited for the WildDawg right now, because it's new and defenses are still working out how to stop it. But even the teams that run it well don't run it on every play, because it's impractical at the NFL level.

In college, if you have a talent mismatch, you can get away with stuff that wouldn't work in the NFL, like running an offense that makes particularly observant fans in, say, row nine of Neyland Stadium shake their heads in the third quarter and say, "How is this still working? They've run the same three plays--handoff, QB draw, and play action, followed by a jump pass--on every play, and they're up 30-0!" If people think that he's going to be able to do that in the NFL and make it work, I just don't see it.

Dennis

I fully expect Tebow will play something other than qb....been saying it for a while.

At first I said TE as well....but with all these "WildDawg" packages we are seeing....it now may be some sort of H-back role making it easier to incorporate Tebow in to a option role.

Florida runs more than 3 running plays, and we don't jump pass nearly as often as many think....we might have done it 3 times last season.

The NFL is changing guys....you are already seeing it with all these Cribbs packages...who here thinks we would have been better of playing cribbs in that role much, much more last season??

I do.....and I know you do too.

The only reason Tebow won't play QB(if in fact he doesn't) is because the NFL isn't bold enough to do so at this point.

Archived