THE BROWNS BOARD

Greatest Guitar Riffs

You can think it represents whatever you like. Your taste in music ensures we will not agree on anything you might posit. Metal is not good or interesting in any way from the yelling to the gay s&m attire to the obligatory Dean guitars. However I don't hate on you for liking it. That's your choice, and I could sit here and make up some gay fake internet tough guy e threats like you were compelled to do but I don't really feel like I have to do that. You're allowed to dislike the music I like.

Well I don't like the Black Keys.

:)

WSS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like Jackson pollack but a giant pollack painting hangs in the lobby of MOMA

my beef with Jackson Pollock is that I've never seen any realism from him. We have seen realism from Picasso who then went off in an avant-garde direction, but guys who just can't paint and start off with abstract are less respectable in my personal opinion.

WSS

Yeah, well, seeing how we're being all subjective and no one can be wrong..

What you posted epitomizes the pussification of America imo..

If someone asked me to listen to it again I'd tell them that before I would, I'd slap the dick taste so far out of their mouth that it would be late next week before they could enjoy it again.. But hey!! To you it's great ! :wacko:

Just being subjective and all.. No one can be wrong,, right ;)

Now maybe,, before you decide to get all snarky again under the guise of subjectivity and insult some one else's appreciation of good taste on anything, perhaps you'll remember...

c'est la vie

or

Pura vida

OK, no pussification here: What you posted sucks.....and you are dead wrong for thinking that piece of music is anything but a piece of shit.

Any attempt on your part to argue otherwise means that objectively that you are a part of the pussy cat dolls that argues for subjectifiation.

(do you prefer that attitude? :lol: )

Well I don't like the Black Keys.

:)

WSS

Steve mostly doesn't like anything that is bluesy.

But if you have ever caught his act, you know that could be an outstanding blues singer......but that is not his taste.

However, one of his best compositions was in fact basically a blues number:

OK, no pussification here: What you posted sucks.....and you are dead wrong for thinking that piece of music is anything but a piece of shit.

Any attempt on your part to argue otherwise means that objectively that you are a part of the pussy cat dolls that argues for subjectifiation.

(do you prefer that attitude? :lol: )

Actually, I find the attempt amusing :lol:

Here's some facts for you, That "pc of Shit" as you call it is the title track from a gold record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balls_to_the_Wall

Balls to the Wall is the fifth album by German heavy metal band Accept. European label Lark Records released the album in December 1983, but its US release was delayed until a month later in January 1984 as to not compete with the band's then-current album Restless and Wild, which had arrived in the US in early 1983. It is Accept's only record to attain Gold certification in America.[1]The album's lead single, "Balls to the Wall", became Accept's signature tune and remains a metal anthem and trademark in the genre.

Now that metal anthem was released 31 yrs ago and is STILL considered a genre classic.. I'm going to suggest that in 31 yrs no one remembers a thing about the White Stripes (whom I personally don't have a problem with) or the Black Keys.. And Accept is still going strong..

accept-FINAL-3-flat-OIL1.jpeg

To be released in the US August 19th..

Their last two efforts were OUTSTANDING! I expect this one will be as well..

Thank you Steve, I think :huh:

I collect show dvds. One of the best I own is Pink Floyd's "Pulse"

I can respect things I don't particularly enjoy. I'm not a big fan of blues rock or most hard rock but I do like some. Still have a great deal of respect for a lot of those players. I think you are a hell of a guitar player from what I've heard.

Technically I think Accept is a little bit run of the mill as far as hot guitar players go.

WSS

Thank You sir! I really appreciate that .

Accept IS simple.. And simplicity often makes for the best riffs. The youtube I posted of Accept was probably not the best one I could have selected of that particular track. Raw, but that's what rock is.. Regardless, I swapped it out for the original 84 video. ;)

Megadeth.. Mustaine has written some classic riffs!

Alex Lifeson!!

John Petrucci.........................

This one isn't significant in the "Greatest Guitar Riffs" discussion but it's extremely significant to me.

It cracked the wall I had thrown up, late at night on the day I buried my 20 yr old daughter..

Pull Me Under & Under a Glass Moon aren't too bad either..

Actually, I find the attempt amusing :lol:

And actually, that was the purpose

Here's some facts for you, That "pc of Shit" as you call it is the title track from a gold record.

I only called it a piece of shit to bust your balls on it. It may be a perfectly fine piece of music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balls_to_the_Wall

Balls to the Wall is the fifth album by German heavy metal band Accept. European label Lark Records released the album in December 1983, but its US release was delayed until a month later in January 1984 as to not compete with the band's then-current album Restless and Wild, which had arrived in the US in early 1983. It is Accept's only record to attain Gold certification in America.[1]The album's lead single, "Balls to the Wall", became Accept's signature tune and remains a metal anthem and trademark in the genre.

Now that metal anthem was released 31 yrs ago and is STILL considered a genre classic.. I'm going to suggest that in 31 yrs no one remembers a thing about the White Stripes (whom I personally don't have a problem with) or the Black Keys.. And Accept is still going strong..

Oh, I don't know about that. I mean, I suspect some people years and years ago may have said "I bet in 31 years no one remembers a thing about the Rolling Stones or the Beatles or The Who"......or "about Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Chuck Berry".

.....I mean, some of those guys are still going strong after over 50 years.

accept-FINAL-3-flat-OIL1.jpeg

To be released in the US August 19th..

Their last two efforts were OUTSTANDING! I expect this one will be as well..

but it's extremely significant to me.

It cracked the wall I had thrown up, late at night on the day I buried my 20 yr old daughter..

wow. that is major league Fd up man. sorry to hear that, for real.

sometimes we forget what is real important in life.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think about it all too much..I just let whatever comes out,comes out.. I hate thinking about what mode or key I'm in.. I just doit!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived