THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden & McCoy have good exhibition.

Dick Mellon

6. Brian Hoyer 6/14 92 yards 0 TD -- 0 INT 65.2 rating

Wrong! 2013 Preseason Game 1 vs. Rams...

Brian Hoyer 10/14 100 yards 1 TD -- 0 INT 115.2 rating

... but in fairness Wheezy also had a better game than the one Dickie listd...

Wrong! 2013 Preseason Game 1 vs. Rams...

Brian Hoyer 10/14 100 yards 1 TD -- 0 INT 115.2 rating

... but in fairness Wheezy also had a better game than the one Dickie listd...

Pretty sure the list was referring to all of their stats so far in the 2014 preseason...

Discussions as such are not new for me.

Please forgive me, in that I look at these games from the perspective of a coach, rather than that of a fan.

I love the preseason, in that we get to see guys play that we otherwise rarely see.

I also love the human interest perspective of guys fighting for a job and a very good job at that.

The preseason should be very special to Browns fans coz yinz can see so many former Browns startng QB's.

We have thus far seen:

Weeded

McCoy

Campbell

Lewis

Stay tuned for:

Luke McCown

Bruce Gradkowski

Derek Anderson

Seneca Wallace? (last I checked he was waiting for his phone to ring)

Well, I guess that from a coaches perspective, you still have to evaluate those who will be your 3rd string QBs.

Pretty sure the list was referring to all of their stats so far in the 2014 preseason...

Well.. in that case nevermind...

I cant think of one single player at any position that has left the Browns and had success anywhere else recently.....TJ Ward may break that trend, but he isnt off to a good start.

Not since 1999 anyway. Prior to that, yes, a few ex-Browns did well. E-Rock with the Raiders. Greg Pruitt with the Raiders. A WR that went to Jax....Keenan McCardell.

Although some say that Big Money did better elsewhere when he left here. Maybe he did about the same as he did here, its just that his expectations here were higher for him than elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Ten Browns starting QB's, past, present and future, listed by preseason passer rating in descending order.

1. Colt McCoy – 32/44 – 496 yards – 4 TD – 3 INT – 111.6 rating (#3 WAS)

2. Derek Anderson – 22/36 -- 332 yards – 2 TD – 1 INT – 98.4 rating (#2 CAR)

3. Brady Quinn – 4/4 – 22 yards -- 0 TD – 0 INT – 89.6 rating (released by MIA)

4. Luke McCown – 26/43 – 240 yards – 3 TD – 1 INT – 89.3 Rating (#2 NO)

5. Bruce Gradkowski – 23/36 – 218 yards – 2 TD – 1 INT -- 87.5 rating (#2 PIT)

6. Jason Campbell – 26/45 – 253 yards -- 3 TD – 2 INT – 77.4 Rating (#2 CIN)

7. Brandon Weeden -- 34/57 – 388 yards – 2 TD – 2 INT – 77.2 rating (#2 DAL)

8. Johnny Scramble -- 30/59 – 296 yards – 2 TD – 0 INT – 76.7 rating

9. Brian Hoyer – 24/44 – 261 yards – 1 TD -- 1 INT – 70.4 rating

10. Thad Lewis -- 17/33 – 168 yards – 0 TD – 2 INT – 41.0 rating (released by BUF)

Brandon Weeden is among the NFL leaders in passing thus far, having a great day in a Cowboys uniform, posting a 111.oo QB rating, completing 13 outta 17 for 107 yards, with one TD, and zero INT's.

All yinz here who had such a raging hardon for him should check out his highlight reel from that game.

He looks great.

Colt McCoy posted the same good numbers, completing 8 outta 9 for 102 yards, one TD, and no INT's for a 150.oo QB rating.

Jason Campbell had an erratic outing, completing 8 passes, two of them for TD's and two for INT's, leading to a QB rating of 55.4.

Thad Lewis completed 10 out of 16 for 87 yards, no TD and one INT. He did not look that good and might get cut if BUF keeps only 2 QB's.

Check back later as more former Browns starters show that they can still play in the NFL.

Damn, by games that don't count Dickie, Connor Shaw should be ready to embark on a HOF career, as he posted the highest qbr of anyone this preseason.

Did Wee-done finally learn to not throw underhand baseball flips to the other team? That's a good sign. But if Romo gets hurt, Wee-Done will revert to his 72 qbr count on it.

Weeden has the arm to be a great qb but lacks the wit. He's just dumb and plays scares. He makes same mistakes over and over again. You can't fix stupid!

Love him getting caught under the flag.

Exactly my assessment too....

Great arm, but really really dumb. He's clearly a deer in the headlights when the game gets going.

And he gets even worse when the cards are down, instead of stepping up......

Weeden will look great until Romo goes down and the cowboys actually need him...then, as soon as "he's" the man, he will fail miserably

Exactly my assessment too....

Great arm, but really really dumb. He's clearly a deer in the headlights when the game gets going.

And he gets even worse when the cards are down, instead of stepping up......

Weeden will look great until Romo goes down and the cowboys actually need him...then, as soon as "he's" the man, he will fail miserably

I'm a Dallas fan and I'm seeing the same exact things in Weeden as you mentioned. He seems lost out there. Has a strong arm, but not much accuray, panics too easily, gets flushed too quickly and looks confused by vanilla pre season defenses. I'm really hoping Dustin Vaughan can be developed pretty fast...this kid looks much better in the pocket than Weeden so far.

I'm a Dallas fan and I'm seeing the same exact things in Weeden as you mentioned. He seems lost out there. Has a strong arm, but not much accuray, panics too easily, gets flushed too quickly and looks confused by vanilla pre season defenses. I'm really hoping Dustin Vaughan can be developed pretty fast...this kid looks much better in the pocket than Weeden so far.

I will light a candle for the Cowboys if they have the misfortune of watching Weeden in a real game.

I will light a candle for the Cowboys if they have the misfortune of watching Weeden in a real game.

Thanks Man. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Romo doesn't go down this year. Maybe by next season, Vaughan will have progressed enough that we can cut Weeden, I'll be rooting for you guys against Pitsburgh...I haven't liked the Steelers since the 70's.

by the way, who was the best receiver in the league last year and who was throwing to him?

whose other receiver was the future Hall of Famer, Greg Little?

who's run game consisted of Willis McGahee?

exactly how are the head coach as well as offensive and defensive coordinators rewarded at the end of the season?

WSS

by the way, who was the best receiver in the league last year and who was throwing to him?

whose other receiver was the future Hall of Famer, Greg Little?

who's run game consisted of Willis McGahee?

exactly how are the head coach as well as offensive and defensive coordinators rewarded at the end of the season?

WSS

Lol this mad em laugh Steve.

Archived