THE BROWNS BOARD

Grossman signed, Thigpen waived

utzie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why do this? Rex going to be third string? Bleacher Report saying Browns might look into moving Hoyer if they decide to give Johnny the keys.

I wouldn't necessarily trust anything that BR says. I would give it about a 0.5% chance that Hoyer or Johnny are gone this season. It's not like Hoyer has a ton of value around the league anyways and his contract is cheap and expiring, so there would be no reason to move him.

And yes, Rex was brought in to be the 3rd string. He knows Shanny's system and is a vet with a lot of starting experience who can be plugged in whenever. Good backup, definitely not a starter. Considering that Thigpen looked awful in Detroit, no surpise this move was made today.

Well, it finally happened, I had assumed Grossman was on the way in as soon as Shanahan was hired.

Po' man's Kirk Cousins...

Loved this comment at http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/12/browns-sign-rex-grossman/

frenchysgoldfish says:

Aug 12, 2014 9:42 AM

"Johnny Football has a mentor! Sexy Rexy! Hide your daughters! You can’t make this stuff up. NFL Network has three more hours of Johnny Football stories tonight!"

I wouldn't necessarily trust anything that BR says. I would give it about a 0.5% chance that Hoyer or Johnny are gone this season. It's not like Hoyer has a ton of value around the league anyways and his contract is cheap and expiring, so there would be no reason to move him.

0% chance of moving JM, but on the other hand...

If the decision was made to "hand the keys" to JM, then maybe the only way to minimize any lingering QB controversy would be to trade BH.

Will we carry 3 QBs into the season or use that 46th spot for depth somewhere else?

With a small-statured QB and another QB coming off a major knee injury, I don't see why we wouldn't carry 3 QB's on the roster into the season.

Getting ready to move Hoyer? Makes sense if you don't want qb controversy. Also puts an end to locker room split.

Still makes no sense. It would be different if both QB's were All-Pro's or something where you could move a player for good value. What's the most that Hoyer would get us in a trade? A 7th?

I would rather start either QB and have a controversy than move Hoyer for basically nothing.

You fools, don't you see the glorious plan unfolding? Draft a flashy player high and create a "controversy" at the position. Create the perfect distraction to draw people fully away from the glory that is obtaining Sexy Rexy. Now it's just a matter of getting the two other QB's "injured" and boom: Super Bowl champions.

Check mate, NFL.

Pigpen was a special kind of awful Saturday.

You can look up my post- I called that one- "cut Thigpen immediately".

The Hoyer Hatas going into party mode at the thought Hoyer might get moved. Screw Twitter.

As far as moving Hoyer- MHO is he'd happily accept the backup role behind JF- if it comes to that.

PS Grossman sucks.

surely somebody will offer up a 1st round pick and a flock of wide receivers for the second coming of tom brady.

so much untapped potential in hoyer. 9 years, untapped. so valuable on the market.

i'm sure it will take all week to sift through the offers.

in the meantime, lol at those claiming nfl experience being the single most valuable measuring stick.

surely somebody will offer up a 1st round pick and a flock of wide receivers for the second coming of tom brady.

so much untapped potential in hoyer. 9 years, untapped. so valuable on the market.

i'm sure it will take all week to sift through the offers.

in the meantime, lol at those claiming nfl experience being the single most valuable measuring stick.

lol at JF being named the starter...........yet.

2 1/2 days after a so-so showing with the #2s and every JF fag is proclaiming manziel the favorite and hoyer getting traded off of some douche's twitter post. (wasn't there a guy on twitter last week that said he had inside info from the league that gordon was only going to be suspended 4 games and it would be announced later that day...?). lol.

nothing is set in stone. i hope manziel starts monday and whatever he shows puts an end to this bullshit. like hoorta said i really doubt hoyer would be such a bitch that he would cause a controversy and raise a stink if named the backup.....i mean he's not from texas, so he's not a fag or a bitch.

Let the dysfunction begin,....

i saw that yesterday on his show. dude is a serious racist (yes black people can be racist too). wouldn't give up the fact that rory is the new king of golf and tiger is done. called the browns a joke. never been to playoffs. i was hoping he'd get bomblasted by browns fans and have to react today.

Archived