THE BROWNS BOARD

Grossman signed, Thigpen waived

utzie

lol at JF being named the starter...........yet.

2 1/2 days after a so-so showing with the #2s and every JF fag is proclaiming manziel the favorite and hoyer getting traded off of some douche's twitter post. (wasn't there a guy on twitter last week that said he had inside info from the league that gordon was only going to be suspended 4 games and it would be announced later that day...?). lol.

nothing is set in stone. i hope manziel starts monday and whatever he shows puts an end to this bullshit. like hoorta said i really doubt hoyer would be such a bitch that he would cause a controversy and raise a stink if named the backup.....i mean he's not from texas, so he's not a fag or a bitch.

true.

i don't know what this move is about. seems to be more than a replacement for thigpen though.

i can see several scenarios.

my gut says manziel and hoyer don't like each other, plus the locker room is divided; one is going to leave.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the Whirling Dervish just picks up speed. I always wished the Browns were more relevant and featured more in the media, I guess I should've been more careful what I wished for.

i saw that yesterday on his show. dude is a serious racist (yes black people can be racist too). wouldn't give up the fact that rory is the new king of golf and tiger is done. called the browns a joke. never been to playoffs. i was hoping he'd get bomblasted by browns fans and have to react today.

i heard that too. it was weird, seemed too predictable, like odd to hear because it was such an obvious confession.

true.

i don't know what this move is about. seems to be more than a replacement for thigpen though.

i can see several scenarios.

my gut says manziel and hoyer don't like each other, plus the locker room is divided; one is going to leave.

If anyone honestly thinks this is more than just bringing in a third QB who knows the system then you need to get out of fantasy land.

Rex was third string behind two rookies in Washington for two years... and you all think he's being brought in to be the number 2 guy? He's just an arm who knows the system.

Your gut says Manziel and Hoyer don't like each other? I think that's just a case of gas because you're full of shit.

Fair enough, I'll give you that.

Now please explain where you think that Manziel and Hoyer don't like each other? I've yet to see anything to indicate that. Whitner saying that the lockerroom is split based on their abiliites doesn't mean that one needs to leave or they don't like each other. I'd say it indicates more that the team trusts both guys and will play hard for whatever QB is given the ball week 1.

Fair enough, I'll give you that.

Now please explain where you think that Manziel and Hoyer don't like each other? I've yet to see anything to indicate that. Whitner saying that the lockerroom is split based on their abiliites doesn't mean that one needs to leave or they don't like each other. I'd say it indicates more that the team trusts both guys and will play hard for whatever QB is given the ball week 1.

its a gut feeling. i don't have any substantial evidence other than they want the same job.

they're competing. as mature as i'm sure they try to be, you want the other guy to fail. especially hoyer since this might be his last shot.

bringing in a veteran like rex is a rather large dynamic shift. i can see layers of reasoning for that move.

you do realize hoyer was on a scout team 2 years ago, right?

You do realize that Johnny barley had his drivers license 2 years ago, right?

You can look up my post- I called that one- "cut Thigpen immediately".

The Hoyer Hatas going into party mode at the thought Hoyer might get moved. Screw Twitter.

As far as moving Hoyer- MHO is he'd happily accept the backup role behind JF- if it comes to that.

PS Grossman sucks.

Haha, nice. Yeah Grossman is here for nothing other than film room help and as an emergency QB. Hoyers not going anywhere. And for everyone thinking Hoyer will be moved, Grossman was 3rd string for Washington for the last two seasons under Shanahan.

its a gut feeling. i don't have any substantial evidence other than they want the same job.

they're competing. as mature as i'm sure they try to be, you want the other guy to fail. especially hoyer since this might be his last shot.

bringing in a veteran like rex is a rather large dynamic shift. i can see layers of reasoning for that move.

Rather large dynamic shift? How good do you think Rex is?

I think it's more of the fact that the Browns have started at least 3 QB's per season each of the the last two years. It's easier to have a guy come in as a third stringer who you don't have to reteach an entire offense to.

you do realize hoyer was on a scout team 2 years ago, right?

And now he is the apparent starter of an NFL team. You realize that two years ago JFF was on the scout team too....as a redshirt freshman....and he may become an NFL starter. Things change in two years. Hell, two months ago Robin Williams, James Brady, Tom Veryzer, Lorin Maazel, Johnny Winters, and George Jones were all alive.....and now they are not.

I don't see where bringing in Rex is any different than having Tyler Thigpen here. Nothing "dynamic" about either of those names.

I think the Grossman signing opens the possibility that Hoyer or Johnny is moved. The coaches and front office has to be under the assumption that they cannot coexist. The media and fans are not going to back down once a starter is named, theres always going to be a divide calling for the other guy.

Even the team is split, and I dont believe its a bitter split, but after a few losses that divide will become bitter.

Of course Hoyer is the obvious choice to be moved, has good momentum and no contract for next year so youd lose him for nothing if you dont move him beforehand.

However I can see a situation where say...the Cowboys realize Romo is about done and offer two first rounders and more for Johnny....Browns would have to consider that.

Now do I think the Browns do those things? I doubt it, but you know its at least been discussed, and Rex Grossman being there actually gives them the option to made a deal if they felt like it becomes necessary.

I think the Grossman signing opens the possibility that Hoyer or Johnny is moved. The coaches and front office has to be under the assumption that they cannot coexist. The media and fans are not going to back down once a starter is named, theres always going to be a divide calling for the other guy.

Even the team is split, and I dont believe its a bitter split, but after a few losses that divide will become bitter.

Of course Hoyer is the obvious choice to be moved, has good momentum and no contract for next year so youd lose him for nothing if you dont move him beforehand.

However I can see a situation where say...the Cowboys realize Romo is about done and offer two first rounders and more for Johnny....Browns would have to consider that.

Now do I think the Browns do those things? I doubt it, but you know its at least been discussed, and Rex Grossman being there actually gives them the option to made a deal if they felt like it becomes necessary.

i would take 2 first rounders in a heartbeat considering they'll be lucky to finish 5 and 11 this year.

but that is just plain idiocy. the kid is still unproven.

to all those that say they can't co-exist...where do you get that from? the 2 talking about going out and trying to win the position? i mean isn't that what both are trying to do?

you guys with your assumptions. obviously you know shit about business because this goes on everyday in corporations. if you'd get your head out of TMZs ass long enough you'd realize there's nothing different going on in cleveland right now that isn't going on elsewhere in the NFL. only difference is the JF fag boy and media obsession with this kid.

No, no, and hell no. Youre reading WAY too much into this. Grossman helps the team more than Pigpen, end of story. Hoyer wont make trouble if he loses the job, and as soon as you start letting fans and the media influence roster moves youve already lost.

Rather large dynamic shift? How good do you think Rex is?

I think it's more of the fact that the Browns have started at least 3 QB's per season each of the the last two years. It's easier to have a guy come in as a third stringer who you don't have to reteach an entire offense to.

I don't see where bringing in Rex is any different than having Tyler Thigpen here. Nothing "dynamic" about either of those names.

sometimes i forget the majority of people went to public school. apologies.

this is a change in the QB room. it seems johnny has been given a mentor, making hoyer expendable.

Archived