THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer named starting QB

LondonBrown

No running qb's !? Have you been watching football? Vick before jail, cunningham, elway, young, tarkington, kaeparnik, newton, rg3, only some of the best in any era.

Manziel's individual accomplishments in college Dwarfed what any of those guys did. His 3rd and 4th down conversion rate in college was over TWICE what any of those guys ever did. He's got unique abilities. If you arent going to try to use any of them you shouldnt draft him. So far the team is deliberately avoiding using them. There is no point in starting him or keeping him on the team. If all you want is a guy to stand tall in a tight pocket and throw a quick out he's not your man.

Um, it's wasn't us morons- it was a bunch of pro scouts that questioned if "his unique abilities" would translate to the NFL. One ability JFF is going to have to learn is to look for secondary receivers in his route tree when his primary is covered- which he's still not very good at yet. He will NOT have the luxury of scrambling around for 10 seconds like he did at A&M looking for someone to get open when the coverages finally break down. BECAUSE.

"Running quarterbacks" tend to have a rather short shelf life in the NFL. RG III has been busted up once. Manziel has already figured out he isn't 1\2 as elusive in the pros as he was in college. I've already seen linebackers that can match his speed, and I can guarantee you 98% of pro CBs, and 70% of the safeties could beat him in a 40. FYI, Manziel isn't even the fastest qb on the Browns- Shaw posted a better 40 at the combine.

It's fanboys like you that make some of us wish we hadn't drafted him.

GTFO of here.

I see we have a new Manzealot in our midst. He'll have as short a leash as some of the departed ones DieHard.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived