THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Rams Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to go buy the NFL.com deal to see this one live.

Based on the end of the Bills game the lag looks to be close to 2 minutes...

So see y'all after the game.

I bought it too, and if you watch the game and then check in on the tavern during the commercials, there doesn't seem to be any spoiler alerts.

Zombo

He had solid coverage on the first pass he gave up. Just needed to get his head around.

There was a lot of contact by Givens on the top of that route. But it's the NFL, ain't no call going to the offense.

He's not a good player in space yet. Zone coverage is still something be needs to work on, especially squeezing that receiver. On the dig he needs to break on the route/ball - not trail the receiver.

Some encouraging things but some that also say he's still a rookie.

Edit. Also after how many weeks of camp plus the flag fest the past two games, I'm sure these DB's are a little gun shy.

For those who may not be watching the first half live I'll give my impressions good and bad.

Pros:

Armonty Bryant is still looking great. Might be the biggest draft steal the Browns have had in a long time.

It's clear to me why Hoyer should start week one, he's got the game manager role down. Solid throws but the int was really bad for sure. I hope they give him the first series coming out of half as well.

Special teams have looked very solid. Poyer is quick and Benjamin looked like his ACL isn't going to slow him down.

Cons:

Gilbert has had a hard rookie curve. I'd say 75% of the big pass plays the Rams had were on Gilbert including the long TD play.

Schwartz is still getting beat bad, man.

WR's still are dropping passes and not getting much separation.

Misc:

Bradford went down holding his knee early. The look on his face to me anyway was one of "i've been here before and this is bad. I hope he's alright cause that sucks for him. Likewise 3-4 other Rams went off with injuries with their starting CB carted off the field.

For those who may not be watching the first half live I'll give my impressions good and bad.

Pros:

Armonty Bryant is still looking great. Might be the biggest draft steal the Browns have had in a long time.

It's clear to me why Hoyer should start week one, he's got the game manager role down. Solid throws but the int was really bad for sure. I hope they give him the first series coming out of half as well.

Special teams have looked very solid. Gabriel is quick and Benjamin looked like his ACL isn't going to slow him down.

Cons:

Gilbert has had a hard rookie curve. I'd say 75% of the big pass plays the Rams had were on Gilbert including the long TD play.

Schwartz is still getting beat bad, man.

WR's still are dropping passes and not getting much separation.

Misc:

Bradford went down holding his knee early. The look on his face to me anyway was one of "i've been here before and this is bad. I hope he's alright cause that sucks for him. Likewise 3-4 other Rams went off with injuries with their starting CB carted off the field.

Edit: Fixed Poyer to Gabriel, sorry

Archived