THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Rams Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manziel looks better than Manziel from last week - that should be your comparison.

You can tell early down and distance tonight he actually hung tough in the pocket. His wind up on that slant to Snead took a bit long, hence why the DT got his hands on the ball.

He didn't bail immediately which was very encouraging but you can tell when the offense needs a play he has a tendency to force things and not play within himself and/ or the offense.

Gilbert? Did some good things. Did some not so good things. He's a rookie, give him time.

I was of the opinion Schwartz needs some time to get going, but not so much anymore. There is no excuse to be beaten that bad by a 2nd tier pass rusher. Slide him to guard and give one of our more athletic tackles

a chance at taking the position. Aside from the one sack by Quinn, Joe Thomas did a fine job after that. Bitonio as well.

Hawkins did some good things tonight. West looked more decisive when he planted his foot. The offense found some rhythm at the end of the first half but these next two weeks are going to be very important for them before heading

to Pittsburgh.

I see us taking another QB 1st round next year, when our D totally suck ass still, just like last year.

Coaching, Players, or Scheme . . . at this point I just no longer know, this Team is just horrible on all fronts . . . going to free up my weekends this year as I don't see this shit coming together any time soon

What's obvious on both teams is the DB's are playing off the WR's because of the way flags are being called. That's why soft spots are open in the zone like that.

Same here... our D stayed clear of the flags... and getting off the field. It's a pass rush game more than ever. Loved seeing a blitz lane open up on Dansby's sack.

Kirksey!!! For Real!!!

Kinda did it all tonite.

Manziel looks better than Manziel from last week - that should be your comparison.

I was of the opinion Schwartz needs some time to get going, but not so much anymore. There is no excuse to be beaten that bad by a 2nd tier pass rusher. Slide him to guard and give one of our more athletic tackles a chance at taking the position.

Schwartz simply cannot move... looked bad run and pass blocking. Problem is Wallace looked awkward at RT. He has been much smoother at LT. Maybe McQuistan?

JM did look at more at ease tonite, but so did Hoyer. Both looked like practice reps with the group they played with helped.

In BH we saw some of our 2013 QB. Unfortunately that some included BH vs the Vikes... you have to see that LB.

The fumble looked like a repeat of the earlier fake-pass/ hand-off play, but looked like West was the one faked out. Did not help that Schwartz had his whiff of the nite moment, but regardless BH has to secure the ball.

I can't see going with the traditional one series and good nite for our 1's Thursday nite. I'd be very tempted to give them a half... they need the work together. Hopefully player evaluations on the offensive side will allow this.

I see us taking another QB 1st round next year, when our D totally suck ass still, just like last year.

Coaching, Players, or Scheme . . . at this point I just no longer know, this Team is just horrible on all fronts . . . going to free up my weekends this year as I don't see this shit coming together any time soon

It was much worse in person. Total ass kicking. Go look at the stats.

They have to watch the waiver wire for a better RT. Unacceptable.play in that position 1's and 2's.

No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

Gilkey was awful tonight.

It amazes me how many picks we spend on the o-line and never get any production.

Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Schwartz, were all 1st and early 2nd round selections.

As the coaches say- I'll have to watch the tape. :) But I don't need any tape to tell me in general the o-line blew dead worms.

Gabriel is a keeper.

Not Peter. Though he's had his moments too.

Keeper ?????? Sheesh he should be our #1 !!!! He has been better than everyone else on this team. Man thats bad but I say throw him out there screw it he has been way better than austin for sure. Run him and austin with baby hawk in the slot

No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

It looked pretty darn bad from what I could see.

When you're constantly giving up 3rd & 19, 3rd & 25, and the like . . . you don't have a Defense, and this wasn't late in the game when they were tired - this was all game.

Given the short week, the QB play was better.

The Rushing attack looked to be a bit stalled, and the WR's are still a concern.

Schwartz has me wondering as well, I thought he was going to pull it together this year, but it's looking like he's going to need to be replaced.

Special Teams looked better, good even.

Hoyer's on the last year of his contract, even if he lights it up, I'm not sure we re-sign him.

I hate to say this as it's still Pre-Season, but odds are we're going to have some high 1st round Draft picks.

With Hoyer gone, it's not much of a stretch to see us grabbing a QB with one to fill the vacancy, plus as possible insurance.

For the most part, we have some pretty good players, they're just not putting it together.

Not a bad idea at all hoorta. Stop gap measure for this year before finding the best one in the draft for a more permanent fix. Your solution can certainly be no worse than status quo.

If l'm not mistaken Bitonio played tackle more than guard in college. Seems to be more mobile and athletic, so l wouldn't mind seeing him and The Schwartz do a switcharoo.

Bitonio made an interesting comment about playing guard, saying it was like "blocking it a phone booth," or something to that effect. I just thought that was an interesting observation.

If l'm not mistaken Bitonio played tackle more than guard in college. Seems to be more mobile and athletic, so l wouldn't mind seeing him and The Schwartz do a switcharoo.

Bitonio made an interesting comment about playing guard, saying it was like "blocking it a phone booth," or something to that effect. I just thought that was an interesting observation.

Seems logical to me. Can't be any worse can it?

Archived