THE BROWNS BOARD

Schwartz..

Cbus Brownie

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #

1. The Browns are going to be in tight games most of the season. 2 big drive killing sacks over the RT will lose a game. If he does that in 2-3 games then it is easily predictable that they lose those 2-3.

2. I want a 1st round draft of a RT, not a RG. This team has too many guards masquerading as OT's.

Douche Nozzle's retort to Zomblow was a CLASSIC.............

If preseason is for mistakes, then this has been a successful preseason.

I don't know how the Browns do it, but regardless of the faces and names changing, the draft results are always the same.

Our top picks blow, and we celebrate getting a decent non-skilled 'decent player".

Schwartz is the classic lardass lineman. We need to draft MORE linemen with our high picks. I think the Browns should forever more ONLY draft offensive linemen.

Manziel is a bust, Pettine is a bust. Same old crap... slow releasing QB, stinky WRs and dink and dump play calling.

Horrible.

1. The Browns are going to be in tight games most of the season. 2 big drive killing sacks over the RT will lose a game. If he does that in 2-3 games then it is easily predictable that they lose those 2-3.

2. I want a 1st round draft of a RT, not a RG. This team has too many guards masquerading as OT's.

1) But Schwartz hasn't given up 2 big drive killing sacks ever, so why would he now?? His first 2 years he averaged well below 1 a game. So, while it's possible, it's still a huge assumption by you and not based on any history or real facts from his past production.

2) And again, a first round anything guarantees you nothing. Assuming we waste ANOTHER high pick on a RT, what makes you KNOW he will be better than Schwartz or Bowie?? And should we burn a first round pick before we even see what Bowie has to offer?

Player Team Sacks Allowed

Bobby Massie ARI 8.5

D'Anthony Batiste ARI 7

Tyson Clabo ATL 5.5

Jeromey Clary SD 4

T.J. Lang GB 4

Joe Staley SF 4

Marshall Newhouse GB 4

Barry Richardson STL 4

Leroy Harris TEN 3.5

Manny Ramirez DEN 3.5

Anthony Castonzo IND 3.5

Harvey Dahl STL 3

Adam Snyder ARI 3

Quinn Ojinnaka STL 3 J

effrey Linkenbach IND 3

Kelichi Osemele BAL 3

Mitchell Schwartz CLE 3

Bryan Bulaga GB 3

Michael Harris SD 3

Zach Strief NO 2.5

Guy Whimper JAC 2.5

Michael Roos TEN 2.5

Mackenzy Bernadeau DAL 2.5

Cameron Bradfield JAC 2.5

Willie Smith OAK 2.5

Todd McClure ATL 2.5

Above is a list published after 6 games showing the BEST PERFORMING tackles in the game. Take note of # 10. This is based upon sacks and not some lame survey or opinion. So, if he allowed only 3 sacks in the first 6 games, how will he suddenly allow 2-3 sacks PER game???

You're making ASSumptions.

I hope he proves to be as good as you think. I just have huge doubts. One of us will be wrong and I really hope for Hoyers' sake it proves to be me. We'll certainly find out during those first 3 games. One hellofatest that's one thing for sure.

Douche Nozzle's retort to Zomblow was a CLASSIC.............

If preseason is for mistakes, then this has been a successful preseason.

I don't know how the Browns do it, but regardless of the faces and names changing, the draft results are always the same.

Our top picks blow, and we celebrate getting a decent non-skilled 'decent player".

Schwartz is the classic lardass lineman. We need to draft MORE linemen with our high picks. I think the Browns should forever more ONLY draft offensive linemen.

Manziel is a bust, Pettine is a bust. Same old crap... slow releasing QB, stinky WRs and dink and dump play calling.

Horrible.

Why do you have a thumbnail like that on a football board? What's the point? Is that your wife or g/f? Why have that here?

1) But Schwartz hasn't given up 2 big drive killing sacks ever, so why would he now?? His first 2 years he averaged well below 1 a game. So, while it's possible, it's still a huge assumption by you and not based on any history or real facts from his past production.

2) And again, a first round anything guarantees you nothing. Assuming we waste ANOTHER high pick on a RT, what makes you KNOW he will be better than Schwartz or Bowie?? And should we burn a first round pick before we even see what Bowie has to offer?

Player Team Sacks Allowed

Bobby Massie ARI 8.5

D'Anthony Batiste ARI 7

Tyson Clabo ATL 5.5

Jeromey Clary SD 4

T.J. Lang GB 4

Joe Staley SF 4

Marshall Newhouse GB 4

Barry Richardson STL 4

Leroy Harris TEN 3.5

Manny Ramirez DEN 3.5

Anthony Castonzo IND 3.5

Harvey Dahl STL 3

Adam Snyder ARI 3

Quinn Ojinnaka STL 3 J

effrey Linkenbach IND 3

Kelichi Osemele BAL 3

Mitchell Schwartz CLE 3

Bryan Bulaga GB 3

Michael Harris SD 3

Zach Strief NO 2.5

Guy Whimper JAC 2.5

Michael Roos TEN 2.5

Mackenzy Bernadeau DAL 2.5

Cameron Bradfield JAC 2.5

Willie Smith OAK 2.5

Todd McClure ATL 2.5

Above is a list published after 6 games showing the BEST PERFORMING tackles in the game. Take note of # 10. This is based upon sacks and not some lame survey or opinion. So, if he allowed only 3 sacks in the first 6 games, how will he suddenly allow 2-3 sacks PER game???

You're making ASSumptions.

i know one thing, we sure as hell can't run the ball to the right so..............

Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.

It's close to time for that move. Joe Thomas still has a few good years, but at some point drafting his heir to play RT for a couple years will be the move to make.

That or actually use a late round draft pick to take a chance on a problem child... say like Seantrel Henderson.

Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.

Yup... and a wasted choice IMO... said so at the time... been saying so ever since.

It's not a learning disability or a "gel" issue... it's lack of quicks... and you can't teach "quick".

We game planned help for him last year. It's the reason his numbers improved. When you have to compensate for one OL's deficiencies, it exposes the rest of your line unnecessarily... This year it's why Greco, our best OG, was moved to the right side. You simply could not put a rookie OG next to "the Schwartz"...

If Bito continues to improve and plays well we may get away with it, but it has cost us a dominant side we can go to...

BTW... I called Greco's move before it was announced...

I hope he proves to be as good as you think. I just have huge doubts. One of us will be wrong and I really hope for Hoyers' sake it proves to be me. We'll certainly find out during those first 3 games. One hellofatest that's one thing for sure.

I dont think I said "how good" I think he would be. Not dumb enough to say what I dont know. I said he hasn't proven to be bad and there is no good reason to burn a first round pick next year on a position with a 2 year solid starter whose numbers are good AND another good prospect already in waiting.

Im not making predictions on his play, esp while we're in preseason, but most people would expect a 3 rd year player to improve and he's already middle of the pack. Sure dont remember this discussion from last season.

In fact, at this time last year, the word was he killed it his rookie year and rated out in the top 1/2 of the league for tackles. he had only 5 sacks in 16 games as a rookie and 2 came in the first game. Do the math. Thats 1 sack every 3 games, not 3 sacks every 1 game. And its also proof that he started rough but also fixed it right away.

This whole overreaction is all based on a few bad plays during some practice games. People need to get over it and find someone new to hate.

This whole overreaction is all based on a few bad plays during some practice games. People need to get over it and find someone new to hate.

Either that or actually recording the games and grading the linemen for the past two years... at least that is what one of us did.

I don't hate him. I just don't think he is a top level RT which the Browns really need if they want to remain a power controlled offense. They need another Joe Thomas there and that player is not on the team. Like I said I think he could be a pretty decent RG, just not the answer at RT. I think the season will show that to be correct. Sorry but I believe you build great teams with great linemen, not just good or solid players who are just above the middle of the pack.

I don't hate him. I just don't think he is a top level RT which the Browns really need if they want to remain a power controlled offense. They need another Joe Thomas there and that player is not on the team. Like I said I think he could be a pretty decent RG, just not the answer at RT. I think the season will show that to be correct. Sorry but I believe you build great teams with great linemen, not just good or solid players who are just above the middle of the pack.

On this we agree. I still think we should have taken a stud tackle and a receiver in the first round of the 2014 draft , that said I know opinions are like a-holes lol, we all have one

dear god did any of you notice how bad mcquistan is? His butt was in JF's lap every single play. That was ridiculous. God help us if our starting LG goes down.

They shuffled everything around last nite... had Wallace inside at LG next to McQ...

Looking for two things I'd guess. Second stringer O-line candidates at any position and who has the versatility to help them stick.

Aside from Gilkey, and maybe Parsons, our backups have not shown well this pre-season.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Schwartz cost us the game either, but will be a day or so before I grade the line.

Now about that punt... player + ball + (player's shoulder on goal line) = touchback

I told you he would cost this team a game.

Nah- the defense playing like it was still preseason in the first half cost us the game. Add the offense into that equation.

Dully noted Schwartz got blown up on a couple of plays. If I saw it, the coaches saw it.

I don't think Schwartz cost us the game either, but will be a day or so before I grade the line.

Now about that punt... player + ball + (player's shoulder on goal line) = touchback

Said player hit the ground with possession then his shoulder touched the goal line as he rolled a little. Should have been down at the half yard line.

Let's not get into the missed holding calls along that Steelers Oline. It was bad.

Archived