THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon Suspended for a Year

MLD Woody

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember years ago, Bill Parcells cut Quincy Carter of the Cowboys right before the start of the season because he had been suspended because of weed. His thoughts were that you couldnt trust him anymore. The risk is having another camp full of Gordan distractions and risking the chemistry of the team. I wouldn't want that dark cloud looming over my franchise anymore. I also think the kid needs a wake up call. He will have to get his act together if he wants another team to take a chance on him. Just my opinion.

btw, Carter later that year had a drug relapse with the Jets.

Getting kicked out of the league for a year isn't enough of a wake up call? He's got two choices- clean up his act, find new friends, or wind up like a Ricky Williams\ Justin Blackmon might-have been.

I'm not so mad that they took a hard line against Gordon, as the fact the NFL royally screwed the Browns in the process.

The NFL is doing players suspended for drugs a serious disservice, not allowing them access to the very best in drug counseling by the league- so they can continue their careers at a later date. As far as I'm concerned- they should be allowed to attend meetings and work out- just not play in games and get paid- their choice.

Of course, the Browns aren't going to trust Gordon anymore- they'll certainly draft a WR high next year- and MHO is they should have drafted Watkins this year, with 20\20 hindsight. But comparing a journeyman QB to a guy who led the league in receiving yards-? Get real.

Wow, the ignorance of some of you Browns Fans surprises me.

I understand being angry or upset, but not against Gordon... aim that shit at Godell for being a chicken shit and not holding Gordon's appeal personally.

What? You seriously think that in the midst of taking 70 fucking drug tests Gordon wakes up one morning and is like, "maybe I won't get tested this month?" Are you that seriously fucking Retarded to think that? The samples didn't match... retest him then you fucking morons. When 1+1=3 you just blindly accept it and don't question what is going on?

...Yeah, okay but Josh Gordon is the dummy right?

This is precisely fucking it.

all i know is jemelle hill is an ugly fuggin racist #@$##. god i can't stand watching espn, but for some reason i do, maybe thinking that some reasonable conversation might come across the tv screen.

and BTW cris carter (and harry jimmy and trent) fuck you too.

Archived