THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Steuber on Curry

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

Denver makes sense.

Tampa's said to be the likely destination of Albert Haynesworth (though his recent legal trouble could change things), which would take them out of the running.

Detroit would make sense, but I don't know if they want to give #1 and #5 money to two rookies in the same year.

Atlanta makes a lot of sense. Some mocks had them taking Raji before the Senior Bowl. Not sure they'd be willing to trade up, though, especially because they also have needs at LB and DE (from what I hear, Jamaal Anderson is soft & is going to be moved to backup UT).

Don't think Indy's an option. Ole Miss DT Peria Jerry likely is their top target. They may even go receiver again.

One less ambitious trade option: Green Bay's got two 3rd Round picks because of the Brett Favre trade, and Dom Capers has been talking about how important the NT is to his defense. Ted Thompson is usually a trade down kind of guy, but he may go for it if he feels Cincinnati or Oakland is going to take Raji.

if we can't get curry, i'd vastly prefer to get into the mid-twenties, pick up at least two picks and get english, which got me wondering how we'd be able to pull off such an awesome feat, and then it hit me: raji. he's someone we've been ignoring that people would likely be willing to trade up for, especially since he looks like he'll be entirely dominant.

The tradedown is getting more appealing every day. GREAT stuff in this thread JD!!!

- Tom F.

Denver makes sense.

Tampa's said to be the likely destination of Albert Haynesworth (though his recent legal trouble could change things), which would take them out of the running.

Detroit would make sense, but I don't know if they want to give #1 and #5 money to two rookies in the same year.

Atlanta makes a lot of sense. Some mocks had them taking Raji before the Senior Bowl. Not sure they'd be willing to trade up, though, especially because they also have needs at LB and DE (from what I hear, Jamaal Anderson is soft & is going to be moved to backup UT).

Don't think Indy's an option. Ole Miss DT Peria Jerry likely is their top target. They may even go receiver again.

One less ambitious trade option: Green Bay's got two 3rd Round picks because of the Brett Favre trade, and Dom Capers has been talking about how important the NT is to his defense. Ted Thompson is usually a trade down kind of guy, but he may go for it if he feels Cincinnati or Oakland is going to take Raji.

good calls on tampa and detroit. i stupidly forgot about the money issue in detroit. as far as tampa goes, let's hope that haynesworth's legal trouble dampens the market for him a bit and keeps him in nashville. with desire for english looking to be on the rise, tampa might be as low as he could possibly drop in this draft.

it's unfortunate that oakland gave a ton of money to tommy kelly last year. otherwise, we could use the double threat of them and cinci to scare people into buying our pick. with oakland out of the running, cinci seems our only leverage before green bay, and any of the teams after us who aren't interested in raji would be happy to trade with denver to pick up extra picks themselves.

@ flugs: the only problem with the tradedown is that it's looking less possible every day, which means that by the time four guys have come off the board in april it might be impossible, and everyone has these two months or so to feel each other out and project what they're going to do. we're really counting on crabtree or cinci being interested in raji, and those aren't enough options, especially because they're unrelated. if we had two teams after us but before GB interested in raji, it'd be a much easier sell.

Archived