THE BROWNS BOARD

What the Hell?

Axe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were the special teams coach, Antonio Brown would be eating from a straw for a few months. I would have gotten the biggest fastest third stringer and just blew him up on that fair catch and taken the fifteen yards. That dirty bastard should have been ejected from the game ! Oh well maybe next game in Cleveland. ;)

This! I mean, I'm no fan of cheap shots, or underhanded shit like that, but when the other team pulls that shit, you'd better fuckin' retaliate!

Funny how Steelers fans will go through great lengths to defend the underhanded cheap shots that is indicative of their team! Stay classy you inbred pieces of shit!

I'll say what I already posted on the other Brown thread: Antonio Brown should have been on the

ground, finished for the day about a second after he caught the ball. Instead, the defender flails

at Brown like a little girly-man and Brown is off to the races, running through arm tackles and past

defenders who took horrible angles.

I'll say what I already posted on the other Brown thread: Antonio Brown should have been on the

ground, finished for the day about a second after he caught the ball. Instead, the defender flails

at Brown like a little girly-man and Brown is off to the races, running through arm tackles and past

defenders who took horrible angles.

^^This. The steelers and ravens develop players that think exactly like this. If Dansby and Kirksey can't play like that, then maybe we need to draft ILB next year. Maybe that kid in Miami with the Buffalo pick? I was kind of hoping we'd be done with ILB with Dansby and Kirksey...but they need to hit fools and hit them hard. I dunno if they're mean enough to be AFC North Lb'ers.

What you so-called Browns fans don't get is that the BS you whine about every week happens in every game by every team including yours. You just see the NFL through brown colored glasses.

And you see the NFL through rapist, drunk driving, coach cheating on the sidelines glasses...........

Instead of looking for excuses and reasons to be upset with the world because your team sucks, why don't you guys look inward?

Look at the organization who pimps it's fans every year!

Look at whoever in the Browns organization drafted Johnny fuckup for "publicity"!

Look at the coaching staff who created and mis-handled the QB controversy, and held their entire offense back in the process!

Look at the play calling in a game where the Browns had a chance to do something they haven't done in eons!

Look at yourself and ask why you see yourself as a great fan simply because you are loyal to a team who isn't worth it?

1. You don't think we do this anyway? I'm not above criticizing the organization as it certainly has been warranted.

2. Again, you don't think we do this anyway? However; being born and raised in northeast Ohio, win or lose I'll still root for them given they're the hometeam. If the shoe were on the other foot, and Pittsburgh went through a rough stretch of dismal seasons that we went through, I would hope you'd still stick with them through the bad times. Otherwise, to only hop on the bandwagon when they win makes you nothing more than a frontrunner.

3. Johnny fuck up, eh? The jury is still out on the kid! In fact I'm hoping that this new front office, and coaching staff finally do it right, and keep him on the bench and develop him properly, so as to not get him killed like the other QBs that have been here in Cleveland!

4. I was quite irked with how they handled the QB controversey. However; it appears that there is no longer a controversy. Hoyer provided he doesn't get injured or totally suck this season is the starter. Now I'll admit I was a bit worried at first, but in the 2nd half Hoyer appeared to get his bearrings and looked a lot like the glimpse of him that we saw last year.

5. In the first half the playcalling was questionable, and I was thinking "here we go again!" I think they should have gone up tempo right from the beginning. It may have been a different outcome, and they may not have had to come from as far from behind. I did question the playcalling in the final minutes of the game, but the difference was while they didn't win, they didn't mail it in like previous years. Will that translate into next week, or further down the stretch? I guess we'll see.

6. Again I support the Cleveland Browns, because I was born here, live here, and in a sense it is my civic duty to support my hometown and its sports teams! I'm not going to hop on another team's bandwagon like so many others do, simply to support a winner. If you're a fan, you're a fan! You stick with the team through the good as well as the bad! Nothing worse than frontrunners, and tells me that as an individual that person is rather shallow!

1. You don't think we do this anyway? I'm not above criticizing the organization as it certainly has been warranted.

2. Again, you don't think we do this anyway? However; being born and raised in northeast Ohio, win or lose I'll still root for them given they're the hometeam. If the shoe were on the other foot, and Pittsburgh went through a rough stretch of dismal seasons that we went through, I would hope you'd still stick with them through the bad times. Otherwise, to only hop on the bandwagon when they win makes you nothing more than a frontrunner. Of course I would! What I wouldn't do is make myself believe that other (better) teams cheat, I wouldn't think the NFL hated my team, I wouldn't think the refs like the other team.................I would accept that my team sucks and I would root for them anyway!

3. Johnny fuck up, eh? The jury is still out on the kid! In fact I'm hoping that this new front office, and coaching staff finally do it right, and keep him on the bench and develop him properly, so as to not get him killed like the other QBs that have been here in Cleveland!

4. I was quite irked with how they handled the QB controversey. However; it appears that there is no longer a controversy. Hoyer provided he doesn't get injured or totally suck this season is the starter. Now I'll admit I was a bit worried at first, but in the 2nd half Hoyer appeared to get his bearrings and looked a lot like the glimpse of him that we saw last year.

5. In the first half the playcalling was questionable, and I was thinking "here we go again!" I think they should have gone up tempo right from the beginning. It may have been a different outcome, and they may not have had to come from as far from behind. I did question the playcalling in the final minutes of the game, but the difference was while they didn't win, they didn't mail it in like previous years. Will that translate into next week, or further down the stretch? I guess we'll see. I was referring to the second half where the Browns were running on the Steelers with great success and then went to the pass at a critical time.

6. Again I support the Cleveland Browns, because I was born here, live here, and in a sense it is my civic duty to support my hometown and its sports teams! I'm not going to hop on another team's bandwagon like so many others do, simply to support a winner. If you're a fan, you're a fan! You stick with the team through the good as well as the bad! Nothing worse than frontrunners, and tells me that as an individual that person is rather shallow! Absolutely! But I lived in Detroit for a few years and their fans loved their team without blaming everyone else for cheating, believing that the refs hate them, believing that the NFL hates them; and they didn't talk smack because they realized that it was their team that sucked.

Given the NFL didn't do us any favors by allowing Modell to move the team, and then gave the new regime very little time to put the new Browns together, as well as the fact the lack of a solid free agent pool that Jax and Carolina had 2 years to get everything in order, the way this city is ostracized in the media for every little thing, I can see why Cleveland sports fans are jaded and have an "us against the world mentality!"

As for Detroit. The difference being is while the Lions have been pretty bad, that city and it's fans have seen championships very recently in the NBA. MLB, and NHL, so they have not suffered anywhere near as bad as Cleveland sports fans! So yeah, we're a little salty. Furthermore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh are still rivals, and while it's been one-sided as of late, we STILL hate them! Always have. Always will. The day will come where the shoe will be on the other foot, and it will be you guys talking smack when your team is shitty. It may not be this year, or next, but the pendulum ALWAYS swings in the other direction. At any rate, enjoy it while it lasts, because you never know when the ride will end.

Nothing like a little dose of reality to shut down a pussified, whining, bitching thread :D Nice post!

Your misplaced celebration reeks of desperation...

Boo hoo hoo.....one of our guys got owned! And the big bad Pittsburgh Steelers did it!

You're right and, personally, Im not pissed about it at all....actually woulda loved it if things were turned around...so, I get it...

This play below was kinda low too.....but still one of my absolute favorite plays ever!!!!

I fully expect that Goodell will suspend Spencer Lanning later today. The rules clearly state don't hit with the head, don't lead with the head. The way he dove his head into Antonio Browns lower legs like that was an obvious attempt to injure. I expect Ray Rice will play a game before this cheap shot artist ever does.

BxI4sW0CQAAW-SU.jpg

I fully expect that Goodell will suspend Spencer Lanning later today. The rules clearly state don't hit with the head, don't lead with the head. The way he dove his head into Antonio Browns lower legs like that was an obvious attempt to injure. I expect Ray Rice will play a game before this cheap shot artist ever does.

I like the two spaces you used after each period. Did you type that up on a typewriter and have someone with dial up internet rewrite it and post it for you? Must be why you are 3 days late and on the 6th page of the thread.

Nice try troll!

I like the double spaces you used after each period. Did you type that up on a typewriter and have someone with dial up internet rewrite it and post it for you? Must be why you are 3 days late and on the 6th page of the thread.

Nice try troll!

He's not trolling, it's sarcasm...

He's not trolling, it's sarcasm...

Damn! I usually pick up on sarcasm....

lol.

On a side note Chris, you London guys must make some pretty interesting TV. My wife found Downton Abbey on Amazon video last week and watched every damn episode in about 3 days. The funny part is she used to bitch when I would watch Wheeler Dealers and tell me how annoying their accent was.

Damn! I usually pick up on sarcasm....

lol.

On a side note Chris, you London guys must make some pretty interesting TV. My wife found Downton Abbey on Amazon video last week and watched every damn episode in about 3 days. The funny part is she used to bitch when I would watch Wheeler Dealers and tell me how annoying their accent was.

Don't worry, being british I come with an inbuilt sarcasm detector ;)

Yeah, we have some pretty good TV. Most of the TV I watch is british, outside of the big comedy series from over there, and Breaking Bad. I'm counting GoT as british as well... :P Not such a huge Downton Abbey fan, but it is massive over here when on.

Don't worry, being british I come with an inbuilt sarcasm detector ;)

Yeah, we have some pretty good TV. Most of the TV I watch is british, outside of the big comedy series from over there, and Breaking Bad. I'm counting GoT as british as well... :P Not such a huge Downton Abbey fan, but it is massive over here when on.

I watch a fair bit of British comedy: spaced, the IT crowd, the mighty boosh, league of gentlemen, the inbetweeners was a hilarious show, too bad Mtv had to try and re-do it

BxI4sW0CQAAW-SU.jpg

Damn it that was kind of funny

I fully expect that Goodell will suspend Spencer Lanning later today. The rules clearly state don't hit with the head, don't lead with the head. The way he dove his head into Antonio Browns lower legs like that was an obvious attempt to injure.

Didn't you learn from following Harrison's career that the rule does not apply to ball carriers?

We did...

BxI4sW0CQAAW-SU.jpg

Cute. Borderline funny.

Archived