THE BROWNS BOARD

Tomlin has balls

Comeonman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the uncovered gunner, I'll be shocked if we do not learn that it was an automatic call.

Makes it no less ballsy... but might change whose balls they are.

Pettine lost this game for the browns when he failed to go for the FG and he took them out of No Huddle for the last series on offense.

Pettine lost this game for the browns when he failed to go for the FG and he took them out of No Huddle for the last series on offense.

The man doesn't win either way. If we miss the FG and the Steelers have short field position, the fans are going to bitch. If the refs make the correct call and put the Steelers at the 1. He looks like a genius.

As for the no huddle, that's on Shanny. I'm sure he'll learn from that one pretty damn quick.

54 yards is a long ass field goal at Heinz field, miss it and the steelers have tremendous field position with plenty of time. Punting was the right call.

54 yards is a long ass field goal at Heinz field, miss it and the steelers have tremendous field position with plenty of time. Punting was the right call.

No it was not.. the defense was playing well.. it wouldn't have mattered.. there was no wind. I would've gone for it.. what I really have a problem with was the Browns going into huddle mode that last series they had.. I think it just disrupted theyre flow.

54 yards is a long ass field goal at Heinz field...

In the 8 years from 2001-2008 only one FG over 50 yards was made out of 10 attempts.

In the 40-49 yard range 47 of 79 were made... 59.5%.

Data form Chapter 32 of the following...

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2009/kickology2009.pdf

Given the uncovered gunner, I'll be shocked if we do not learn that it was an automatic call.

Makes it no less ballsy... but might change whose balls they are.

Correct- unconscionable to leave the gunner uncovered. Plenty of blame to spread around for the loss, and the special teams were very unspecial.

Playing on the road.... You kick the FG, even if its over 50. Go for the win right there. Noone would blame Pettine for the miss. Maybe be a little upset with cundiff but Pettine should have went for the lead. Always go for the win ! At least then we can say we tried. Right now we cant say that. We tried not to lose........ again. Hopefully Our staff never makes that mistake again

Playing on the road.... You kick the FG, even if its over 50. Go for the win right there. Noone would blame Pettine for the miss. Maybe be a little upset with cundiff but Pettine should have went for the lead. Always go for the win ! At least then we can say we tried. Right now we cant say that. We tried not to lose........ again. Hopefully Our staff never makes that mistake again

if he would have went for the field goal and missed plenty of people would be calling for his head. FYI Cundiff is only 28% over 50 and even slightly lower in the last 4 years.

if he would have went for the field goal and missed plenty of people would be calling for his head. FYI Cundiff is only 28% over 50 and even slightly lower in the last 4 years.

Na... Like I said before, I think we would all be a little upset if Billy missed it but not at Pettine for trying to win the game. Its a 53, or 54 yarder, Im sure most % for kickers are not great from there but they get kicked all the time, But I'm just baffold that we didnt at least try it. Especially on the road against a team that has just owned us since the return. We took a great opportunity to win and just punted it right over to Big Ben and gave him the chance to beat us again............ Really at the end of the day if you cant look to your kicker and have enough faith to at least give him a shot at a 54 yarder to go ahead in the game with less than 2 min left than for the love of all that is holy, Get one that you can do that with !

OMG shut the fuck up.

pettine did nothing to lose the game. how about 15+ missed tackles? a couple down the sidelines from my fave player haden.

pettine did something at halftime that hasn't been done in awhile...make great adjustments.

believe me sitting amongst NY bred stooler fans, raven's fans and even guys that were watching NE get beat they all agreed on the same thing.........too bad the browns didn't play the first half like they did the second. if they had, we'd be screaming victory instead of moaning in your cream of wheat.

OMG shut the fuck up.

pettine did nothing to lose the game. how about 15+ missed tackles? a couple down the sidelines from my fave player haden.

pettine did something at halftime that hasn't been done in awhile...make great adjustments.

believe me sitting amongst NY bred stooler fans, raven's fans and even guys that were watching NE get beat they all agreed on the same thing.........too bad the browns didn't play the first half like they did the second. if they had, we'd be screaming victory instead of moaning in your cream of wheat.

Hey dumb ass we are talking about the last couple min of the game not the whole thing. Noone is saying we dint play shitty the first half and great in the second. I believe everyone in the world will agree with you on that. its pretty evident. But we had a chance to go ahead in the closing min and didnt take it. Thats the point. So maybe you should try applying your own advice and shut the fuck up

Hey dumb ass we are talking about the last couple min of the game not the whole thing. Noone is saying we dint play shitty the first half and great in the second. I believe everyone in the world will agree with you on that. its pretty evident. But we had a chance to go ahead in the closing min and didnt take it. Thats the point. So maybe you should try applying your own advice and shut the fuck up

homo says what?

homo says what?

Now be nice Mik- hope to see ya in a couple of weeks.:) I may have tried the FG too- even though Ketchup Field is famous for being a "no fly zone".

Pettine played the odds- just like the Tribe did in Game seven of the World Series against the Marlins. The odds say bring in your closer- we all know how that worked out.

Sorry Miktoxic I can see where the title of this thread ( Tomlin has balls ) would have confussed you. I dont think your gonna find what it is your looking for in here. I'm sure there is probably some web site you can go to for that.

well if tomlin's balls are made up of sugar and cinnamon then yes, i'm at the wrong website.

fail, the announcers even alluded to it, there was absolutely zero WIND AT THE STADUIM. PETTINE JUST HAS A CLIT AND GIRLIE BALLS.

I swear. This board should be an advertisement for a tampax commercial. So many bitches on their periods.

Forget about facts and stats that have been given about FGs over 50 yards and that our kicker has a bad percentage there.

The defense was playing great. Our coach is a defense guy. If the punt lands at the 1 yard line I bet you bitches wouldn't have said a peep.

Gotta agree with Mik. The terrible tackling had way more to do with losing than anything else. Bad tackling and terrible line play (offense and defense) the first half.

fail, the announcers even alluded to it, there was absolutely zero WIND AT THE STADUIM. PETTINE JUST HAS A CLIT AND GIRLIE BALLS.

You mean the same sh.it announcers that continuously called players by the wrong name of after Benjamin caught that TD referred to him as a rookie? Those announcers? 54 yards in that stadium is a long field goal and unless your kicker is zerlein or janikowski you better be damn sure he's got the leg or you are giving up field position. Cundiff isn't a boomer. Kick that field goal and miss, the steelers get 7. The only reason they didn't get 7 to close out the game is because they ran out of time.

52 yards is the longest FG EVER made at that dump of a stadium and you homos expect Cundiff who isn't known as a big leg FG kicker to make one from 2 yards longer? How fucking stupid are you people.

Look I get you and everyone else hates the steelers but I see no reason to call a rival fan bases stadium a dump unless it actually is a dump. Heinz is far from a dump. Its like most of you are fvcking incapable of acting like adults. 90% of the posts here are laced with some sort of stupid fvcking insult whether it's directed at the steelers or any other team outside the browns. Grow the fvcking up. I agree with everything else lol :). 54 is a long fg.

No it was not.. the defense was playing well.. it wouldn't have mattered.. there was no wind. I would've gone for it.. what I really have a problem with was the Browns going into huddle mode that last series they had.. I think it just disrupted theyre flow.

30 points scored, Roth throws for 365 and a hundred yard rusher, that's playing well?

Archived