THE BROWNS BOARD

Tomlin has balls

Comeonman

Tonlin's fake punt was a ballsy play. Absolutely.

But the game comes down the Browns not playing tough in the first half and the Steelers doing the same in the second half. What should have been a low-scoring defensive battle, turned into the crazy monstrosity that we saw.

The punt was the RIGHT play that wasn't executed. With all of the time left on the clock, it would NOT have guaranteed a win even if Cundiff HAD made it, which it was likely he wouldn't.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it was a designed fake from the start.

Probably said, if you line up for the punt and the morons aren't covering EITHER gunner, throw it.... teams run the same play through pee wee ball. My high school team punter would yell "gun" anytime he saw the same coverage and chuck it down field.

Im just curious if the Zierlein kid

30 points scored, Roth throws for 365 and a hundred yard rusher, that's playing well?

I guess you missed the 2nd half of the game,obviously.

You mean the same sh.it announcers that continuously called players by the wrong name of after Benjamin caught that TD referred to him as a rookie? Those announcers?

Yes... much better than we are used to...

30 points scored, Roth throws for 365 and a hundred yard rusher, that's playing well?

Yes, that defense... in the 2nd half.

I doubt it was a designed fake from the start.

Probably said, if you line up for the punt and the morons aren't covering EITHER gunner, throw it.... teams run the same play through pee wee ball. My high school team punter would yell "gun" anytime he saw the same coverage and chuck it down field.

Correct... it most likely was not a sideline call when punt team was sent in...

BUT rather...

It was designed... a designed automatic call.

the squeeler stadium is a dump because it's 3/4? full of slugs at game time,

and it's adjacent to 3 rivers of sewage.

Lol. Cleveland would be lucky to be half the city Pittsburgh is and that's a fact. Pittsburgh actually rebuilt its image. Cleveland just continues to regress.

Lol. Cleveland would be lucky to be half the city Pittsburgh is and that's a fact. Pittsburgh actually rebuilt its image. Cleveland just continues to regress.

I think you're wearing blinders dude. I really do. Cleveland is fine. You're basing this solely off sports performance. When the cavs dominate the NBA this season you'll start seeing the talking heads say how great cleveland is all of a sudden.

Look I get you and everyone else hates the steelers but I see no reason to call a rival fan bases stadium a dump unless it actually is a dump. Heinz is far from a dump. Its like most of you are fvcking incapable of acting like adults. 90% of the posts here are laced with some sort of stupid fvcking insult whether it's directed at the steelers or any other team outside the browns. Grow the fvcking up. I agree with everything else lol :). 54 is a long fg.

Fuck you....is the stadium in Pittspuke? If the answer to that question is yes, then the place is a dump I don't care if it's fucking brand new.

Look I get you and everyone else hates the steelers but I see no reason to call a rival fan bases stadium a dump unless it actually is a dump. Heinz is far from a dump. Its like most of you are fvcking incapable of acting like adults. 90% of the posts here are laced with some sort of stupid fvcking insult whether it's directed at the steelers or any other team outside the browns. Grow the fvcking up. I agree with everything else lol :). 54 is a long fg.

I thought we weren't rivals anymore though. So I can call some random assholes' teams' stadium a dump.

I agree - it was a ballsey call. Even if he's wide open, can you imagine an incomplete pass or Gilbert gets there faster and pushes him out of bounds before he gets the fist down? Then Browns score and win the game and the Steelers have egg on their face. The punt may have been the right call but the two plays before that were not. We should have continued with the run game. another 6 yards and

maybe a FG is not out of the question.

As for winning the game, we were in FG range in the first half and a sack took us out of that opportunity. In the second half, inside the 5, Hoyer turns the wrong way and we settle for a FG. That's 7 points and the game! Yes, the defense played poorly in the first half. In all, what a missed opportunity to pull a great upset and come-from-behind victory,

I think you're wearing blinders dude. I really do. Cleveland is fine. You're basing this solely off sports performance. When the cavs dominate the NBA this season you'll start seeing the talking heads say how great cleveland is all of a sudden.

I'm absolutely not, Pittsburgh dug its way out of the steel industry collapse to out itself at the forefront. I went to kent state. Cleveland has some redeeming qualities but also some glaring problems. I'm tired of reading or hearing all the ignorant bs about the city of Pittsburgh. Don't like the sports teams fine. The city on the other hand is a model for revitalization and urban renewal and its unarguable.

And you notice who brought up the city argument. I think he misses gipper slamming him.

Gipper foams at the mouth and gets the support of the masses here whether he's right or wrong. Gipper is the little guy with all the participation trophies. I'd love to debate Mr. Holier than thou in person.

I'm absolutely not, Pittsburgh dug its way out of the steel industry collapse to out itself at the forefront. I went to kent state. Cleveland has some redeeming qualities but also some glaring problems. I'm tired of reading or hearing all the ignorant bs about the city of Pittsburgh. Don't like the sports teams fine. The city on the other hand is a model for revitalization and urban renewal and its unarguable.

Cleveland has world class hospitals park systems theater districts and a higher degree of natural beauty. Pittsburgh has the hills which are pretty but let's be honest it sucks balls to live on a hill. These demographics are also wildly skewed by not including the suburbs. Almost all of the professionals live in the burbs. The bar and restaurant scene is better in the burbs. Cleveland proper is almost like a museum all the big historic beautiful marble buildings empty out at night and the city is largely empty. The people who actually live in the city west or east are not exactly what you'd call the cream of the crop...but our highway system is such that you can live in Strongsville, or west lake or Olmsted falls and be in the city in 20 minutes. You're comparing the 389,000 people who live in cleveland to Pittsburgh when in reality the Cleveland metropolitan area encompasses more than 6 million people.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the game, as I am to far away. The D did pick it up in the second half by looking at the box score, and the O really came alive, so why are we sitting with 1 in the L column?

I'm absolutely not, Pittsburgh dug its way out of the steel industry collapse to out itself at the forefront. I went to kent state. I. The city on the other hand is a model for revitalization and urban renewal and its unarguable.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: The Trumbull campus, probably!

OK, the stadium isn't as dump. Maybe just a recycle plant. The one thing I hear about is that the playing surface is poorly maintained.

Otherwise, how can you explain the phenomena about the poor kicking that happens there? I mean, it is not like Candlestick Park was with the swirling winds....or even the winds you get off Lake Erie in Browns Stadium. Are you telling me that the river causes weird winds.

How do you explain it....for, as you know, the Steelers more than any other team suffer because of it.

No, I just spent the day with cousins from England touring Cleveland, and they loved it. Things were vibrant all over town. A lot of new construction going on, and lot of places totally revitalised. Lots of "party streets". From the East Side to the West Side from the Flats to Downtown, lots of great things happening.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. You are still reading newspapers from like 1973 apparently.

Archived