THE BROWNS BOARD

Best browns game you ever attended.

Kvoethe

For me it was the Browns double overtime victory over the jets. Ill be honest, it was freezing and i was ready to leave early, but my friend at the time refused to go. He saved me from being ' that guy' regretting leaving early.

Since then i never leave a game early, you never know what might happen. This past weekends steeler game reminded me of that.

I was freezing cold, out of beer money, and ready to head back to y-town. We stuck it out and ended up having an amazing time.

I dont see the friend anymore, he became a crackhead and used to call people out of his yearbook trying to get money, but damn what a memory.

December 10, 2009. The wind chill was 10 degress below 0. My wife, the Steelers fan, came and sat in the Dawg Pound with me. The Browns had 8 sacks and recorded a glorious 13-6 victory. I ordered a hot chocolate, and by the time I got to my seat it was chocolate milk. Guy behind me ordered a beer, and when the beer guy opened it and turned it upside down to pour it, nothing came out... pure ice. The beer man said they just pulled them out of a heated room less than 5 minutes before...

It was the only game the Browns have won against Ben Roethlisberger to date...

Great topic. I was at all 3 games already mentioned above too.

It's really hard to pick one game, but in 1979 we beat the hell out of Dallas on MNF 26-7. At the time, this was unheard of as Dallas never lost on Monday night (it seemed), and the Browns weren't thought of as anything powerful. We had a 20-0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter, the place was going nuts.

1979- started out 4-0 looking like world beaters, and finished 9-7. But it did pave the way for the Kardiac Kids in 1980.

I'd like to add my 1st Browns game ever, when my dad got me hooked for life. A 27-6 beat down of the Bengals in 1972.

1993 LA Coliseum vs the Raiders. The Raiders owned us all day, but a great comeback finished off with Eric Metcalf's last second TD run to win the game 19-16. Bernie was benched for Vinny, who led a great comeback. Greatest football game I've ever seen in person.

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2013/09/bernie_kosar_benched_bill_beli.html

I was in the front row of the end zone at the Steeler game in 2000 where Courtney Brown sacked Kent Graham deep in our end and they couldn't get lined up for a FG before the clock ran out and we won ... And Earl Little jumped in my arms in celebration. Hard to beat a Browns player jumping into your arms after beating the Steelers for me ( and yes, I know the "jumping in my arms" part sounds gay, Skippy had fun with that for years.

Another highlight of that game for me was that we had an obnoxious Steeler fan next to me who wouldn't shut up, and when he went to the bathroom we grabbed his camera and took some nice moon shots for him.

Your first is always special too, and mine was a 42-13 thumping of the Oilers back in 1973.

Zombo

Has to be a Monday night game in 1980 against the Chicago Bears. It was in November, but not sure of the date. A close game and a huge crowd at old Municipal Stadium of around 85000. A 50+ yard TD by Mike Pruitt pretty much sealed the victory. One side note, I saw Cosell, Gifford, and Dandy Don when they were making there way into the booth. Those were the days.

Best Browns game? My first of course...

Dad took me to see the Browns for my 11th Birthday on opening day... Sept. 15, 1963.

Beautiful day... brilliant sunshine... lush green field...

40-ish yard line seats on the first base side...

Upper deck...

... in front of the support columns.

We killed Washington that day...

Jim Brown not only ran wild (162 yds on 15 carries), but caught three passes for 100.

Dr. Frank passed for over 300...

The stats and all are from the link below... memory is not that good.

My most vivid memory is of Brown sweeping right, carrying the ball like a loaf of bread as usual, and near the end of the run finding himself among three or four opponents, one of whom swatted the ball out of his hand. He stood in their midst and looked left and right before he spotted the ball, dove in for it and got it back. It seemed like he was looking forever...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196309150cle.htm

For me it was the Browns double overtime victory over the jets. Ill be honest, it was freezing and i was ready to leave early, but my friend at the time refused to go. He saved me from being ' that guy' regretting leaving early.

Since then i never leave a game early, you never know what might happen. This past weekends steeler game reminded me of that.

I was freezing cold, out of beer money, and ready to head back to y-town. We stuck it out and ended up having an amazing time.

I dont see the friend anymore, he became a crackhead and used to call people out of his yearbook trying to get money, but damn what a memory.

Yeah, I was at that game NW corner endzone, lower deck. group (20+) of obnoxious Jets fans yucking it up thinking they had the game won. they forgot we had the high ground, and beer is easier to aim from above. I thought we had lost, but dammit, we paid our money, and we were going to stick it out until the bitter end. We had a clear view of a couple of the exits, And I'll never forget seeing hundreds of the folks who thought the game was over running back to the stadium.Too bad you left to go back to Y-town, because the whole city could have floated off into orbit after that one.

Incidentally- and Zombo (relax Z- she's not coming to the Ravens game) will confirm this- it's where my wife got her nickname "The Curse". See, in the darkest moments of the 4th quarter of that game, she uttered this prayer. "God, if you let the Browns win this game, I don't care if I ever see the Browns win again." Request granted. For the next 20 years, didn't matter where I took her Detroit (X3), Cinci (X5), KC (X2), Cleveland- lost track = LOSS. Oh the Curse is lifted- sort of. She finally got to see the Browns win a game- in Cleveland- against the Jets no less, but even after that , her track record is still pretty bad.

I was in the front row of the end zone at the Steeler game in 2000 where Courtney Brown sacked Kent Graham deep in our end and they couldn't get lined up for a FG before the clock ran out and we won ... And Earl Little jumped in my arms in celebration. Hard to beat a Browns player jumping into your arms after beating the Steelers for me ( and yes, I know the "jumping in my arms" part sounds gay, Skippy had fun with that for years.

Another highlight of that game for me was that we had an obnoxious Steeler fan next to me who wouldn't shut up, and when he went to the bathroom we grabbed his camera and took some nice moon shots for him.

Your first is always special too, and mine was a 42-13 thumping of the Oilers back in 1973.

Zombo

Yeah, that was a pretty fun game too Z. But like Tour, my memory isn't what it used to be. I got to see plenty of great games in the early 60s with my grandfather- lots of fun seeing the Browns beat the crap out of the Cowboys something like 50-10.

Best Browns game? My first of course...

Dad took me to see the Browns for my 11th Birthday on opening day... Sept. 15, 1963.

Beautiful day... brilliant sunshine... lush green field...

40-ish yard line seats on the first base side...

Upper deck...

... in front of the support columns.

We killed Washington that day...

Jim Brown not only ran wild (162 yds on 15 carries), but caught three passes for 100.

Dr. Frank passed for over 300...

The stats and all are from the link below... memory is not that good.

My most vivid memory is of Brown sweeping right, carrying the ball like a loaf of bread as usual, and near the end of the run finding himself among three or four opponents, one of whom swatted the ball out of his hand. He stood in their midst and looked left and right before he spotted the ball, dove in for it and got it back. It seemed like he was looking forever...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196309150cle.htm

Wow Tour. That is amazing. That was my first Browns game too and I was eleven tears old and there with my dad! Don't remember a whole lot about the game other than we won.

I was a that game but I remember hating it because I was six and all I remember of it was it being ridiculously cold and long.

The best game for me personally was the 04 home opener against the ravens.

Cool thread. Wish I had been there for games in the old stadium.

I was at all those games posted from 2007 on up. One that was particularly memorable for me was the 2008 Browns beating the Giants, who were the defending Super Bowl Champs. And a Monday night game to boot.

Toss up between 3 games for me.

-2004 opening against the Ratbirds. That was the first game my father had attended since 94'. He had some issues in the early going bonding with the new team.

-2007 home opener vs the Bungles. After we get trashed by the Steelers, Anderson comes in and throws for a billion yards. Then we go nuts as the score board shows Lewis broke the 200 mark. Easy E picking off that last pass to finish it.

-2013 vs the Bills. I was still reeling from the Tribe losing, friend grabbed us tickets not 25 feet from Deion and crew. Awesome weather, solid crowd and a great finish to the game.

I would mention a few games I attended as a kid in 92 & 94, but those still hurt.

old timer here - 1989 Vikings / Browns at Muni - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198912170cle.htm

Snowiest and coldest weekend before Christmas - we flew in on Friday and stayed with friends in Barberton,

of a friend who came with us from Minny - (TW if anyone can recognize the initials...) these guys sure knew how to party!

Hot tub - drinking around the clock... Canton Hall of Fame museum visit on saturday

and a freezing cold day on Sunday with an OT winner (as viewed from our endzone seats off to the side of the dawgpound left field)

Browns drove the field and lined up for a short field goal - Mike Pagel (holder) and hit Van Waiters ( linebacker!!) for the walkoff TD

Wow Tour. That is amazing. That was my first Browns game too and I was eleven tears old and there with my dad! Don't remember a whole lot about the game other than we won.

Two-way tie for Father-of-the-year 1963...

POP QUIZ:

What was the name of "the man in the brown suit" that shagged FG attempts kicked towards home plate in old Muni?

1. Monday Night 1993 vs the San Francisco 49ers where the Browns beat the 49ers 20-13.

2. Week 2 2000 season home vs the Steelers Courtney Brown sacks Kent Graham as time was expiring, before the Steelers could get their field goal unit on the field preserving the 23-20 victory and giving the new Browns their first home win since their return.

3.1995 28-10 victory vs the Kansas City Chiefs.

4. Monday Night 1992 vs the Miami Dolphins. Bernie Kosar despite a broken ankle, rallies the Browns back to tie the game in a duel vs Dan Marino, only to fall short in the last seconds as Marino Magic strikes again with the game winning touchdown.

Yet to visit... :(

Only one here in the new stadium... the 2012 loss to Buffalo.

But look on the bright side. Iit appears your odds of seeing a winner are on the rise.

Does BA have direct flights from Gatwick to Hopkins? ;)

I've looked in to it and easiest is probably changing at Toronto. Not cheapest, mind you! If the Browns ever come to London, I'm on it.

If the timing works out, I wouldn't mind seeing a game in Wembley myself... plus I still have to visit Ireland.

Pub crawl before and after?

I've looked in to it and easiest is probably changing at Toronto. Not cheapest, mind you! If the Browns ever come to London, I'm on it.

My cousins from Anglaland were just in. They got some really cheap rates by coming into Toronto via Iceland. They had to do a two day layover in Iceland....but got really cheap rates as part of a promotion for Icelandic tourism. Check it out.

I took them on a tour of Cleveland just yesterday and they really liked it.

And by the way, I took them by The Christmas Story House....but they had never heard of the movie.

That is one of the all time most favorite movies....for Americans at least. Did it not have that same attraction in the UK?

A Christmas Story? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/

Never heard of it :S in a side side note for another thread, favourite christmas movies have to be Muppets Christmas Carol, Die Hard 2 and Home Alone.

Toronto's probably the way to go, and via Iceland might be interesting. I'm going for a job at the moment where if I get it I have 2 weeks in Toronto for training, which might work out nicely for visiting.

If the Browns are in London, you better believe there'll be a pub crawl. Though, Wembley's not in the nicest part of town, and still stupid expensive because of tourists.

That's mine too. I don't remember it being cold.

If the timing works out, I wouldn't mind seeing a game in Wembley myself... plus I still have to visit Ireland.

Pub crawl before and after?

Tour, you know when the Browns play in Wembley- I'm going. Howie and G-Man will be the Pub tour directors that week.

What? No one talks about the very first Monday night Game against the Jets?

I was there, in the upper deck of the old stadium, with about 87 million of my closetst friends. Nothing better than the upper deck rocking when Homer Jones takes the second half kick-off "all the way"!

Archived