THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon news

cvcanedy

Just to be the devil's advocate... The National Organization for Women wants complete across the board equality but guys aren't allowed to hit them.

;)

But seriously Gordon should be off the hook.

WSS

Do they advocate being allowed to hit guys with impunity?

Of course it happens all the time. A woman can hit, slap, kick a guy and have no complaint brought. Probably by the guys choice. Most guys don't want to be seen as foolish for bringing charges against a woman who has hit on him. Unless she uses like a rolling pin or a knife or a hammer or something.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand why 8 games...?

I'll be curious to hear why/how they came up with that #

Goodell has twin daughters and four brothers... 2 x 4 = 8...

A woman can hit, slap, kick a guy and have no complaint brought. Probably by the guys choice. Most guys don't want to be seen as foolish for bringing charges against a woman who has hit on him. Unless she uses like a rolling pin or a knife or a hammer or something.

Reminds me of the time I accidentally watched "Jerry Springer".

Goodell has twin daughters and four brothers... 2 x 4 = 8...

Reminds me of the time I accidentally watched "Jerry Springer".

How can you "accidentally" watch something :P

I could be way off base here, but I think this whole embarrassing situation with Ray Rice will bolster Gordon's case and something WILL change, just a matter of what. They need a story about them making changes and pleasing fans ASAP, and this would be an easy way to do it. I still wouldn't be surprised if he's in uniform week three but who knows.

If we can come out of these first 5 games at no worse than 2-3 and we get Puffy back soon after, we could legitimately finish .500 or better,,,,,,,,,,

Yea at this point i would think its all or nothing regarding josh. A reduced suspension, in my mind with these circumstances just sounds like a plucked number. His appeals over, if his failed test would pass the new threshold it should be zero games. If they dont wanna make his test retroactive because of the date of the failed test then he should still have the 16 games. All this 6-8-10 games is total B.S. IMO.

No ... It doesn't.

I can see a two game suspension when/if he gets a dui conviction. But WTF would the 6-8 be for? Just making more shit up? That's not working out well for the NFL.

Z

If it 6 games for everything including the DUI and the drug test fiasco then t sucks but hey it's better than nothing.

Honestly 2-4 I can see ... Anything more than that is too much as I see it.

I'm still expecting time-served on the Weed... one or two weeks...

DUI to be determined, but I'd expedite the hell out of that proceeding if I were Josh...

Sounds like they dont know what to do with Josh because he actually violated in 2013 under those rules, so they are just going to split it down the middle.

I hope the fucker gets 1000 yards in 8 games, although he will have missed out on 400 yards against the Steelers, who he will not face.

Z

Hmmm, the ban covers both of the games against the Stoolers. What a coincidence. ;)

WTF ? :

Browns' Josh Gordon will have his suspension reduced to 10 games, source says

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns receiver Josh Gordon will have his suspension reduced from a season-long ban to 10 games once the new drug policy passes, a league source told cleveland.com Friday.

The vote of the 32 NFL player reps is expected to take place today.

Gordon will be suspended for 10 games, because it's his fourth violation (? ? ? ?) of the substance abuse policy.

Under terms of the new policy:

* A first violation of the substance policy receives a two-week fine.

* A second violation equals a four-week fine.

* A third violation results in a four-game suspension.

* A fourth violation results in a 10-game ban.

The source stressed that Gordon is receiving no special treatment from the league, and that anyone suspended in the new league year will fall under the new rules. If the ban is retroactive to week one, Gordon is expected to be re-instated Nov. 16 against Houston at home.

However, Gordon also has a pending DWI with a hearing set for November in Houston.

If he's convicted, he'll have to serve a two-game for that under the new rules.

More to come soon on the Gordon suspension.

This is from Mary Kay, but still . . .

Fourth violation?

This is his second in the League - first for the Codeine Cough Syrup, and now this past Weed test - College is not League punishable.

WTF ? :

This is from Mary Kay, but still . . .

Fourth violation?

This is his second in the League - first for the Codeine Cough Syrup, and now this past Weed test - College is not League punishable.

He came into the league with 2 strikes....lots of players do.....he knew it and we knew it.....and THATS the reason we got him cheap.....

You may not like it. But thats been the deal all along. We took a chance on him, when every other team passed once, and we got what we got....

Its not over. The DUI will be #5.....

He came into the league with 2 strikes....lots of players do.....he knew it and we knew it.....and THATS the reason we got him cheap.....

You may not like it. But thats been the deal all along. We took a chance on him, when every other team passed once, and we got what we got....

Its not over. The DUI will be #5.....

College was three violations between two schools, but they don't count for NFL.

NFL only has two violations that Gordon has been hit for, and he's Stage 3 because of the deal he did on the Codeine to reduce the number of weeks he'd be out.

So I say again - what are the three violations ?

EDIT :

. . . and at 10 weeks, the Browns are the ones getting shafted since his contract will be active this year . . . plus with being out 10 games, what's the point in coming back?

I guess we're just picking and choosing what part of the revised policy is retro and which isn't. To be consistent it's either 3 violations 4 game suspension since he would not have failed based on revised policy or he's out for the whole year. This is total BS. And fire Goodel already. I hope Pepsi drops the NFL so bye bye to the $1B.

And now a break from a fake MKC account :

1. Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot Sep 11 #Browns DC Jim O'Neil on CB Justin Gilbert: "everybody was calling Patrick Peterson a bust as a rookie. Now he's one of the best in league''

2. zm33sf5rguggw58zfctk_bigger.jpegJeffrey Warner @warner_jeffrey Sep 11 @MaryKayCabot everyone was calling weeden a bust as a rookie and guess what? He was a bust
Cyjw7vtd_bigger.jpegMarry Kay Cabot @MarryKayCabot .@warner_jeffrey blow me pal, I'm just doing my friggen' job here.

Oh, let's not miss this :

Cyjw7vtd_normal.jpeg Marry Kay Cabot @MarryKayCabot · 20m The #browns season opening football match is this Saturday at 10 am!!! So excited!!! #cle #brownsvspatriots

College was three violations between two schools, but they don't count for NFL.

Yes. College does count. And that has been clear the whole time. Any college player arrested, charged or dismissed for drugs or "associate behavior" enters the league with strikes and they are automatically placed in the drug program....

Again....it's the same rules for ever and not a conspiracy against JG....and you can hate them all you want, but they've been there the whole time.....

And the NEW rules which just got ratified(by the players) are gonna get him again in October when the DUI comes alive....

Archived