THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon news

cvcanedy

What I don't understand is obviously Gordon was included in the retroactive part of this. There was no fourth step in the old policy so unless he is being retroactively put into this new policy it should be a whole season. But it shouldn't be anything at all. If his new suspension is following the rules of the new policy then the drug test should have followed the rules of the new policy. Meaning the 16ng test would have been negative and therefore no suspension. Fuck the NFL and this bullshit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon fucked up. Whatever happens happens. Fuck him.

Hey in general he needs to make better decisions and hang around better people yes but come on , this level he "failed" on is a fucking joke. Add to it that fact the B bottle tested negative and its further ignorance. Then on top all of that they now adjust the level to something that actually makes sense and he is nowhere near that level. This should be a MAXIMUM four games even if they count it as a fail. Frankly it should be thrown out.

Goodell is really all over the place in application of the league rules and policies. Hell he gave Rice two games, took heat and implement a new policy that said 6 games for a first offence and lifetime for a 2nd. Then he turned around after "he watched the video he never saw" and suspended him indefinitely on a FIRST. I am not by any means defending Rice but its a perfect example of how out of control this Nazi is. For the Gordon deal if they are reducing it to 10 games under the new rules for a fail does that not indicate they are applying the new rules to his case? If they are applying the new rules his level is below the threshold of a fail. There is simply no consistency in any of the rules and punishments being handed down by the NFL.

Gordon should have his attorney push for 4 games or less or sue. I think honestly he has simply been waiting for this all to play out before the suit if filed anyway.

I am really starting to hate Nazi Roger but luckily between Rice, Peterson and the soon to be bombshell DEA investigation in the NFL painkiller use he is fucked.

I guess we're just picking and choosing what part of the revised policy is retro and which isn't.

That is the maddening part of the decision... it is devoid of logic.

This just in...

NFL, NFLPA No Drug Policy Agreement Yet

ESPN ‎- 4 minutes ago

NFL, NFLPA No Drug Policy Agreement Yet. ESPN's Chris Mortensen breaks down the latest developments between the NFL and NFLPA

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11515179/nfl-players-union-votes-accept-revised-drug-policy

So much for "done deal"...

As always, until this thing is final & official, I treat media input as gossip & speculation. IF true that the tolerances have changed & Gordon was below, that SHOULD negate any "10 game suspension" as he would not be at that level.

We'll see.

Mike

Agree, Mike... especially when the likes of Schefter is reporting. Adam seems to throw just about anything against the wall to be first and hopes it sticks.

Agree, Mike... especially when the likes of Schefter is reporting. Adam seems to throw just about anything against the wall to be first and hopes it sticks.

That guy sucks. Just like you said, he just reports rumors. He also said no suspension , then said 4 games, then said 8 games, now says 10 games, said they were voting tues, then weds, then thurs, then friday. He's an ass and did this same shit when the appeal was being heard. And he was wrong on everything he reported then too.

I agree. I'll just wait until it's official to overreact. Mainly due to the fact that 10 games doesn't make sense at all. If marijuana offenses have their own "scale" now, Gordon technically hasn't had ANY marijuana offense in the NFL. Certainly not the four that it would take to get 10 games. Even if you suppose being put into the drug program out of college was one offense, the codeine pop as one, and this latest "failed" test, it'd still only be three. Although with the newest rules, none of those are failed marijuana tests. So, I'm not quite believing the 10 games thing just yet.

Archived