THE BROWNS BOARD

September 11

ClevelandFanForLife

I was a freshman in high school in fourth period math class. I remember when someone told me that a plane hit the WTC that I thought "how could someone screw up that bad?" When someone else told me a couple minutes later that the other building was hit, I knew it no accident. The rest of that day is still vivid in my mind. God bless the brave 343 firefighters and over 100 cops who gave there lives that day. Prayers with the families of those who didn't make it out.

God bless any firefighter, cop or serviceman who serves this great nation. You are all heroes.

I was young. 6th grade getting ready for school. Out here in California trying to catch the bus. I was late to school cuz me and my brother stopped getting ready and we're looking at the tv like holy shit that happened. I got to my first period and everyone was talking about it. Fuck math. And 2nd period was science and my teacher just pulled out the TV and we started watching the news. Rip to those who lost there lives. Saddest thing I ever saw was those people jumping outta buildings. Like damn

I was shocked when the first one actually collapsed. When the second went down I was spitting mad and ready to go volunteer to guard any oil refinery on the Texas coast from whoever those bastards were that did it.

With this Isis group having members with international passports, this ain't over by a long shot. MF'rs!! :mad:

i was in peeksill, ny at a seminar at the Westcher Art Workshop and i was talking to a group of graphic artist wannabees and using a big screen behind me. the assistant came to me after some squabbling we heard in the hall way and we put up the cnn.com homepage on the big screen. at this point it was the second plane because we were sheltered inside this hall not knowing about the first, and the headline read LIKELY A TERRORIST ATTACK well things were shut down in minutes with the clerical staff in charge of shutting everything down while i flew down route 9 doing close to a hundred miles an hour while franticly try to reach my girlfriend on the phone (financial consultant who works in white plains but traveled into the city a couple of days a week) i flew down into hastings where i knew all my local friends would be after finding out my girlfriend was fine, walked into the restaurant bar just in time to see the first tower collapse and members of the village volunteer fire department were on their way into the city for support/backup.

people were screaming and calling for blood. that night on david letterman, dennis miller (who i can't stand) said the only coherent thing when asked what he thought when he found out that it was a terrorist attack and he said 'push the buttons'. PUSH THE FUCKING BUTTON! i still say that to this day. hey if you got any loved ones over there, get them out send a couple of bombers over irag iran afghanistan israel syria the whole fucking lot of them and flatten the shit out of the whole area so it'll be easy to pave airstrips to land our c130 fuel planes to suck up their oil.

fuck 'em all, big and small.

president and his entourage are now gathered on the WH lawn honoring the fallen heros of 911

with precision and proper respect with the optics, the president is getting his "theatrics" down pat....

one has to wonder. will he board a plane as he did in 2012, to fly to a Vegas golf outing in rememberance

of the Benghazi compound massacre?

So you are going to be the dipshit who politicizes a thread about remembering a tragic event?

yeah all we need is the ant-obama fuckheads to turn a tribute to those who lost their lives in the country's most tragic event to happen on our soil into a vendetta political bash thread.

oh yeah, was he the president when this event happened?

you should be ashamed to put that avatar up here with your words. you follow the order of the commander in chief no matter who it is, or did you forget that?

I was at work and the news filtered through so we put the TV on. We all still considered it an accident until the second plane hit.

I stand with the US and Israel.

Never forget 9/11 and 7/7 like the media have here in UK.

I was working from home that day - all of a sudden I quit typing,

and was stunned with grief for all those Americans. It's actually

a part of my fiction novel - talking about two folks who

lost loved ones on 9/11. Still am stunned, like most everybody else.

I was at school, freshman year - got sick and went home early. Naturally there's nothing on TV so flipping through the channel's I see CNN and something about the plane.

Next thing I know my mother had pulled my brother out of school as I watched.

It's been 13 years, I'm still trying to understand what the hell happened.

I got back from school and started watching fresh prince on TV. My brother came down and turned over to the news - I was not happy! Then I realised what was going on and was just like 'holy...fuck'.

Now I work on the 38th floor of a london office located about 2 miles from an airport, so there are planes flying within seemingliy a few hundred yards. And just for luck, I'm flying today :D

I got back from school and started watching fresh prince on TV. My brother came down and turned over to the news - I was not happy! Then I realised what was going on and was just like 'holy...fuck'.

Now I work on the 38th floor of a london office located about 2 miles from an airport, so there are planes flying within seemingliy a few hundred yards. And just for luck, I'm flying today :D

That can only be the one building and my company move there in two weeks !

The "best" part of the whole tragedy even today is that the goal of those responsible. They were set to strike fear and divide us as a group of citizens. Instead, on that day and moving forward we showed the exact opposite. We united and, as a country and the world at large, grew.

I was in a child support hearing in Summit County Domestic Relations Court. I remember all the people I was in there with as well. While we had business to conclude, we did cut it short. I remember driving back to my office and listening to Greg Brinda on the radio basically call a play by play of the building collapse.

Nice shut down of the politicization attempt, gents...

I was sitting stunned at my Mother's kitchen table in Parma waiting for her to get ready for a planned road trip to Chicago (had Cubs tickets for the 12th). I was watching ABC's coverage headed by Peter Jennings.

When the 1st tower collapsed upon itself, Peter started to talk about the eruption of smoke. Then he started speculating on the cause of the smoke and it was clear he did not see the top floors collapse.

I yelled at the TV, "It's gone, Peter! It's fucking gone!"

I am not as impressed with the tower that replace the WTC as I wanted to be. It is tall, but not as distinctive as it should be. And it is a big cheat to have that spire on top just so they can say that it is 1776 feet tall. It is silly to me to count spires in the height of the building. The height should be measured to the highest occupiable floor.

I was at work.. I remember on work break.. I saw the plane fly by that left from Cleveland heading to Newark.,that eventually crashed into the pentagon...It was moving rather weirdly I thought for a commercial liner plane.. Then I got the news about the attack.. I think a lot of us just held our collective breaths that day,for sure...

I was at work.. I remember on work break.. I saw the plane fly by that left from Cleveland heading to Newark.,that eventually crashed into the pentagon...It was moving rather weirdly I thought for a commercial liner plane.. Then I got the news about the attack.. I think a lot of us just held our collective breaths that day,for sure...

The plane that crashed into the Pentagon left from Dulles in Virginia, not Cleveland to Newark.

Not many people give the passengers of the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania the credit they deserve. To sacrifice your own lives and cause the plane to crash when there is no question you will die in order to save the lives of countless others is the ultimate act of bravery. The innocents on flight 81 are certainly wearing halos right now.

The plane that crashed into the Pentagon left from Dulles in Virginia, not Cleveland to Newark.

It was that Flight 93 that made its turn right over NEOhio before crashing into the PA field. Its movements were discovered by the radar out of Hopkins. You can go to Shanksville PA to see the National Memorial.

And FYI, the "Memorial" in NYC is not a national memorial....but a private one for which you have to pay beaucoups bucks to see, as I understand.

It was that Flight 93 that made its turn right over NEOhio before crashing into the PA field. Its movements were discovered by the radar out of Hopkins. You can go to Shanksville PA to see the National Memorial.

And FYI, the "Memorial" in NYC is not a national memorial....but a private one for which you have to pay beaucoups bucks to see, as I understand.

Thanks Gipper,I had it confused.. it's been that long Id forgotten it was a field...

I was at work in my fire station, and like everybody, we were in shock about the 1st tower. When the 2nd tower was hit, our phone lines lit up big time (berea, Oh).

The whole area's safety forces were obviously put on alert. Of particular concern here in Cuyahoga County was the Hopkins Airport, about 2 miles away.

It was easily the strangest day at my fire station ever. We are trained to prepare for any emergency, but it seemed we were just waiting for the worst all day.

Archived