THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Impressions Week 2: Saints @ Browns

Tour2ma

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D was pretty solid. 24 points against the high-powered Saints is pretty good. Not to mention a late drive-killing sack to take them out of FG range.

Offense was shaky again, but as long as they keep pounding the ball with West/Crowell, we'll be alright. Hoyer is a good game-manager and if we keep it moving on the ground he'll have his chances to convert the big first-downs. This offense isn't going to be flashy (without Gordon) but they can sustain drives.

Special teams was very solid, other than the botched PAT of course.

Great game! Glad we got the W...

Took three pages to go negative this week... good job...

DomCooch is a fine whine®... but it is not yet his time®... and never will be...

We were good enough, this week, but still have no solid idea of how good we are...

... because we now know the Steelers are not very good, and there are questions about the Saints...

Next week should be enlightening...

Amazing game today! Great catch from Austin on the sideline that stopped the clock! Amazing catch and throw to Hawkins to put us in field goal range for the winner. We could easily be 2-0 right now, I'm down right giddy with 1-1 though. Way to bounce back Brownies, now get ready to take it to the Ravens next week!

Amazing game today! Great catch from Austin on the sideline that stopped the clock! Amazing catch and throw to Hawkins to put us in field goal range for the winner. We could easily be 2-0 right now, I'm down right giddy with 1-1 though. Way to bounce back Brownies, now get ready to take it to the Ravens next week!

Im with you....throw out that one bad 1/2 in game one and we are solid solid solid....

I think we'll own the Ravens.......

This was monumental guys. It may be just one win, but we did it guys. We broke the pattern of fighting to the last second and failing at either making the clutch play or catching a break. We got both today.

This was one of the greatest sporting moments of my life. Call me a pussy but it made me so emotional to finally see our boys go out there and fight their hearts out and break a twelve year streak of lost home openers.

Do you guys fucking realize we drove from about the five yard line to score that game winning field goal? The past fourteen years that would have never happened. NEVER. Hoyer was far far from perfect but God does he know how to get our boys to fight and make plays when they need too.

I'm so proud of my team for the first time in a while. It feels so amazing. It might just be a game of football but this is CLEVELAND football. Congratulations Pettine on your first win and props to the whole team for showing maximum effort.

And how about our draft picks guys? WOW. West looks like a monster (and Crowell? My god was he a steal of an undrafted FA. RUNS LIKE A FUCKING MAD MAN!) Gilbert looked so much better. Bitonio is playing well and so is Kirksey. We haven't had a draft like this since the return and just think these guys are barely developed and only played the second game of their pro careers.....

The future is finally bright... GO BROWMS!

D was pretty solid. 24 points against the high-powered Saints is pretty good. Not to mention a late drive-killing sack to take them out of FG range.

Offense was shaky again, but as long as they keep pounding the ball with West/Crowell, we'll be alright. Hoyer is a good game-manager and if we keep it moving on the ground he'll have his chances to convert the big first-downs. This offense isn't going to be flashy (without Gordon) but they can sustain drives.

Special teams was very solid, other than the botched PAT of course.

Great team victory for sure...

D was solid enough, but...

I do not understand the lack of aggression by Pettine/ O'Neil. After early success being aggressive, they seemed to call passive D's. But they did get aggressive at the very end again. Additionally, not having some kind of anti-Graham, goal-line plan beyond "Jump Haden, jump" was ridiculous.

Player-wise I'm not sure what has gotten into Kruger, but keep it in there. Billy Wynn looked uncharacteristically sluggish. Indians could use Gipson in centerfield.

O was good as well.

Shanny called a decent game, but beware of too much PA naked-boot love.

I believe every bad throw BH made today he was falling or moving away from the line. This just in... he does not have enough arm to get away with that. My impression was he was not bailing early; he did stand in there strong more than a few times. We shall see.

Our two-headed RB attack was solid again, but Crowell has to tuck the ball... swings it out there when he cuts.

Receivers were good, but I'm looking forward to our first, wide-open reception where they do not fall down... but hey, at least they are catching them. Timing with Austin was damn good.

O-line seemed pretty good, but we'll see...

On ST's it was good to not see Benji in there for KO returns. Moore is still undersized, but has a little more build (and balls) to run out hard. And as a result, I think, Benji was more adventurous returning punts.

While I appreciate Lanning's enthusiasm... Billy... never ever lower your head on the run again... run until you see a same colored jersy in the end zone and toss it in their general direction.

first time I ever watched a game here.....man, it was brutal honestly.....almost had to leave just to enjoy the game.....

losing for so long has taken its toll....no doubt.

Its like browns fans expect the team to win every play. Its the most frustrating thing for me. We faced a powerhouse offense and had a great game. Yet, the doom and gloom prevails. The loser mentality is pathetic.

People need to learn how to handle emotions. I swear most browns fans have sand in their vsginas. Nauseating.

first time I ever watched a game here.....man, it was brutal honestly.....almost had to leave just to enjoy the game.....

I know your pain...

losing for so long has taken its toll....no doubt.

Its like browns fans expect the team to win every play. Its the most frustrating thing for me. We faced a powerhouse offense and had a great game. Yet, the doom and gloom prevails. The loser mentality is pathetic.

People need to learn how to handle emotions. I swear most browns fans have sand in their vsginas. Nauseating.

We just always feel like we are on the short end of the stick, even if we play great. Where is Da Burgh?

Great team victory for sure...

D was solid enough, but...

I do not understand the lack of aggression by Pettine/ O'Neil. After early success being aggressive, they seemed to call passive D's. But they did get aggressive at the very end again. Additionally, not having some kind of anti-Graham, goal-line plan beyond "Jump Haden, jump" was ridiculous.

Player-wise I'm not sure what has gotten into Kruger, but keep it in there. Billy Wynn looked uncharacteristically sluggish. Indians could use Gipson in centerfield.

O was good as well.

Shanny called a decent game, but beware of too much PA naked-boot love.

I believe every bad throw BH made today he was falling or moving away from the line. This just in... he does not have enough arm to get away with that. My impression was he was not bailing early; he did stand in there strong more than a few times. We shall see.

Our two-headed RB attack was solid again, but Crowell has to tuck the ball... swings it out there when he cuts.

Receivers were good, but I'm looking forward to our first, wide-open reception where they do not fall down... but hey, at least they are catching them. Timing with Austin was damn good.

O-line seemed pretty good, but we'll see...

On ST's it was good to not see Benji in there for KO returns. Moore is still undersized, but has a little more build (and balls) to run out hard. And as a result, I think, Benji was more adventurous returning punts.

While I appreciate Lanning's enthusiasm... Billy... never ever lower your head on the run again... run until you see a same colored jersy in the end zone and toss it in their general direction.

Archived