THE BROWNS BOARD

Marcus Mariota is nothing special.

WalterWhite

Just watched this OREGON ZONA game and I have to say, it seems Matiota just steamrolls lower level competition. He doesn't seem elite by any means and isn't special at anyone thing. He's good but really does hold onto the ball way too long. Dude doesn't have the Manziel 6th sense of eyes in the back of the head. Anyways, draft gurus and many Browns fans have been salivating over this guy. I just don't see it.

Just watched this OREGON ZONA game and I have to say, it seems Matiota just steamrolls lower level competition. He doesn't seem elite by any means and isn't special at anyone thing. He's good but really does hold onto the ball way too long. Dude doesn't have the Manziel 6th sense of eyes in the back of the head. Anyways, draft gurus and many Browns fans have been salivating over this guy. I just don't see it.

Recent article is SI had Mariotta as the #1 overall. I'd certainly take a chance on him ahead of Winston. Academic for the Browns, as it's nearly impossible they will draft a qb in the first round in 2015.

I hate too toot my own horn here but I remember posting about how Mariota is not a franchise QB back in the thread about having two top 5 picks.

I won't take any kid from Oregon as my QB. The scheme is simplified. The coaches make all the checks and calls at the line. You're never under center and the reads are nothing like the pro level.

Thanks Mel. Where does he stand on your Big Board?

He's got the tools though and with the right coaching could be a caepernick type prospect. Just gotta learn to read D's

I honestly wouldn't want a Kaep type prospect on this team. If it wasn't for that kids elite arm strength, the San Fran offense would be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

I hate too toot my own horn here but I remember posting about how Mariota is not a franchise QB back in the thread about having two top 5 picks.

I won't take any kid from Oregon as my QB. The scheme is simplified. The coaches make all the checks and calls at the line. You're never under center and the reads are nothing like the pro level.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results- but Oregon Quarterbacks have sucked in the NFL- led by notables Akilli Smith and Joey Harrington.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results- but Oregon Quarterbacks have sucked in the NFL- led by notables Akilli Smith and Joey Harrington.

For me its again, not so much the school - but the offense. None of it is conducive to the NFL and you have kids that will be running it near 4+ years.

I honestly wouldn't want a Kaep type prospect on this team.

Agree... The verdict is still not even in as to whether Kaepernick is a "caepernick type prospect".

I hate too toot my own horn...

Sure you do... ;)

What about HOFer Dan Fouts?

Archived