THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Titans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Bullshit. We won.

Beer goggles, yeah we won but our D ranking is now worse than when the game started

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hold on...i was in the tavern earlier and everyone was crying and whining about how bad the browns were going to lose....i got a list here of all the bitches i said i would come back from the bar and scream at when the browns would win.....

walterwhite: go fuck yourself

everybody else...you know who you are.

Sorry Tour2ma, not going off on you, just sick of the BS.

No problem, J... we'll always have our boy Hoyer... ;)

Add to your post that we also lost to a bad Steeler team and a "???" Ravens team. But we were in those games as well.

I'm not singing our D's praises by a long shot, but today they were good enough for a half. And so was our Offense...

Also notice that no one is saying shit about Cundiff or ST's in general... even though we won due to a blocked punt Safety...

Okay I don't want to make a new thread but serious question: do you think the Kirksey hit on Locker was dirty? It looked bad live, but I watched the gif about 10 times now.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325926/lockerhead.0.gif

If it was a true slide into the endzone, I'd say dirty hit 100%. Kirksey is seemingly in his hit motion though as Jake's body gets lined up by the grab of Gipson. Do I think he was going for a huge hit? Yes, but I don't think he should be fined for it. I'm sure he will though.

I texted to local friends that these are Kardiac Kids II. What is troublesome is a pattern of the D starting poorly, then turning it around at halftime. Is it poor initial game planning, poor D play calling, Team too "high" initially, lack of focus/fundamentals?

What you CANNOT take away from this Team is that they NEVER quit! EVER!

Mike

ps: I'm damn near 68...no heart attacks YET, but after today I'm getting closer! LOL

Okay I don't want to make a new thread but serious question: do you think the Kirksey hit on Locker was dirty? It looked bad live, but I watched the gif about 10 times now.

If it was a true slide into the endzone, I'd say dirty hit 100%. Kirksey is seemingly in his hit motion though as Jake's body gets lined up by the grab of Gipson. Do I think he was going for a huge hit? Yes, but I don't think he should be fined for it. I'm sure he will though.

Okay I don't want to make a new thread but serious question: do you think the Kirksey hit on Locker was dirty? It looked bad live, but I watched the gif about 10 times now.You are so correct,u cannot stop in midair and QB is a runner at that point,flag's suck and c orange

No problem, J... we'll always have our boy Hoyer... ;)

Add to your post that we also lost to a bad Steeler team and a "???" Ravens team. But we were in those games as well.

I'm not singing our D's praises by a long shot, but today they were good enough for a half. And so was our Offense...

Also notice that no one is saying shit about Cundiff or ST's in general... even though we won due to a blocked punt Safety...

Have to admit though, I was a bit nervous when the PAT Team came in :D

But, yeah, ST on the Block was nice and definitely came at the right time.

1. The Browns used to lose a yard or two most of the time

they tried to run the ball.

Now, they kick ass in the runnng game.

They used to not be able to pass protect at all, at least on the whole right side.

Now, they kick ass in the pass protection dept most of the time.

2. (edit) I forgot #2 is about Kirksey. When the qb is running, he's fair game to

clobber to stop him, and Kirksey's elbow went to Locker's upper chest, and slide

into his facemask. At first glance, I thought it was just at the goal line.

If he'd meant to hit him in the helmet, he sure the heyl could have done just

that, blatantly.

3. The defense... like Bob Golic said, isn't playing aggressive in the first half.

Fix that.

4. I used to be able to "know" what the Browns offense was going to run. Now, I haven't a clue, ever....

maybe they run too much on first down, and defenses are seeing it.... but hell, this offense

can play with anybody.

5. This team never gives up, and they are going to get better every week.

6. The new rules are screwing up cb's all over the league. wr's pushing off - good for more points scored ...

now, the cb's are getting screwed over on that deal.

7. I wish somebody would duct tape that Chuck guy's mouth after stuffing it with rotten hay. I want to

hear Kosar, Golic and Dixon talk about football, not this diarrea mouth idiot on the far right, on

the Browns shows... please, let's start a "shut Chuck up" petition. I will walk a mile to sign it.

Hell, I'll walk two miles to sign it....

8. The Browns won after ,again, playing like they aren't ready for primetime in the regular season yet.

What's up with that?

9. Tennessee has a ton of really solid talent. All the bitching about them being a pushover blah blah...

give the rest of us a freakin break. The Browns have issues, but being unable to move the ball on offense

is NOT one of them, FINALLY. And, the defense can kick ass, but they don't until the second half...... see #8.

10. I'm freakin PROUD of this football team. They are a different team, a far better team, they just don't

have it all together yet. You just wait til they get rolling in the first halves of games...which , hopefully,

is the next game....

I texted to local friends that these are Kardiac Kids II. What is troublesome is a pattern of the D starting poorly, then turning it around at halftime. Is it poor initial game planning, poor D play calling, Team too "high" initially, lack of focus/fundamentals?

What you CANNOT take away from this Team is that they NEVER quit! EVER!

Mike

ps: I'm damn near 68...no heart attacks YET, but after today I'm getting closer! LOL

The D came out looking totally unprepared to play - I just don't understand what's going on there.

We gave up 410yds and 4 TD's in a row . . .

I've been looking at the stats for this game, and I still don't know how we won this game.

Our glaring defensive problems are limited to one aspect of the game. It's not that we take the first half off as it seems, but that we don't play situational defense. Our problems are specific to third down. If we keep playing defense on third down like it's late in the fourth quarter and we're up by twenty points we're gonna fail nine out of ten times. We need to blitz and play bump and run. You can't touch a receiver beyond five yards so we need to take advantage of the rules and start sticking receivers at the line of scrimmage and get the qb out of rhythm with the receivers. We play too soft on third down in the secondary worrying about the ticky tack penalties. Start hitting people in the mouth when it's legal (inside of five yards)and our defensive woes will fix themselves. Then maybe,just maybe we can get into the fourth quarter with a decent lead.

Give a fuck about our D ranking as long as we win.

I do, Tenn is not a good team, we will get destroyed against good teams

I agree with Pettine I'd rather critique a win vs a loss and this was a win but progress wasn't made today. I'll say it again ahead of the Pittsburgh game and even drop expectations, just play 3 solid consistent quarters. I am pleasantly surprised by the offense, they are doing enough to win, but even they have to move the chains consistently for 4 quarters.

The D came out looking totally unprepared to play - I just don't understand what's going on there.

We gave up 410yds and 4 TD's in a row . . .

I've been looking at the stats for this game, and I still don't know how we won this game.

I hear you. But stats don't win games - plays win games. The Browns made the plays when they needed to = win.

I don't care if the Browns defense is ranked in the bottom 5 all year, as long as they win.

Dirty ? No

Football? Yes

Fine? Yes but not really, fines go to NFL Charities. Just a tax write off.

Suit up next week and donate again courtesy of Antonio Brown. I still remember!

i got a list here.....

walterwhite: go fuck yourself

everybody else...you know who you are.

Well... you did not claim it was a detailed list... lol...

Cool... someone even I have to call "Sir"...

Not to get picky, but TN's first series was 7 and out... albeit a penalty aided 7 and out.

OK, the above was more than a little picky, but that "decent" start only made the rest of the first half seem that much more confounding.

Well... you did not claim it was a detailed list... lol...

Cool... someone even I have to call "Sir"...

Not to get picky, but TN's first series was 7 and out... albeit a penalty aided 7 and out.

OK, the above was more than a little picky, but that "decent" start only made the rest of the first half seem that much more confounding.

We had them at 3rd & 22, and darn near gave it to them.

If not for those penalties it may well have been the nail.

please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

Seriously?

The Offense didn't give up 28 points in the 1st Half, but they did score the 29 that gave us the win.

Manziel is fine where he's at right now - learning how to play in the NFL, there is no rush.

Archived