THE BROWNS BOARD

One of the most POWERFUL wins since the return.

WalterWhite

We are playing some FUCKING FOOTBALL.

* Brian Hoyer is the answer (He is surgical with that pigskin)

* Our RB's are monsters (West will be back and play hard)

* The offensive line is outstanding, sucks about Mack but lets be thankful for depth and hope him a good recovery

* Cameron was a huge today, almost had 2 TD's and got another knocked out but a good damn day

* Joe Haden had some slips but didn't give up anything big, I think he did have that INT but it was so close to the end

* Our defense is better without Phil and Rubin

* Tashaun Gibson is a mad mofo

* Benjamin looks good at WR as does Gabriel even though he had some drops today

* Jim Dray with a huge catch

* Boys, we have some fucking momentum our way

walter you work for a politician?

you got more spin on the shit coming out of your mouth than anyone i've heard in a while.

glad you liked the win even though you were saying how everything sucked just a week ago.

True but he's come around. All those Johnny faggots can pound sand.

you got more spin on the shit coming out of your mouth than anyone i've heard in a while.

glad you liked the win even though you were saying how everything sucked just a week ago.

The defense is better without Rubin and Taylor. No fucking lies.

What do you say when O, D, and ST are outstanding? You say "hats off to the coaching staff". Excellent work! I'll say it was the DB's best game and the D-Line with injuries rose to the challenge. The O continued to impress under KS's system. But the coaching was outstanding, great play calling and clock management. BTW, if I was a steeler fan, I would say terrible time management and decisions on their behalf, and nobody, especially Ruth-less-burger showed up for this game.

Couldn't agree more. Our defense played much better this week, hopefully it is a sign on the unit coming together. The offense didn't play as good as previous weeks but we had a lot of home run plays for big yards. I love our running game, it will be perfect for when the weather turns in the next couple of weeks and months.

How beautiful was it to be there in the stands at a Steelers game and NOT see a wall of those piss stained towels waving?? How amazing was it to be able to give a shit eating grin to the Squeelers fan as you exited the stadium?? How much did it make your day to the the long mournful faces on the few Steelers fans on the RTA ride??

IT WAS AWESOME!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everything... there's been a steady suckage rotation... everyone gets a turn and the latest examples are...

The defense is better without Rubin and Taylor. No fucking lies.

And yet, we some how won with Haden playing. You know the guy who doesn't give a shit cause he got his... probably hurt his hip with his fat wallet...

It was great to see the only thing the squealers won today was the coin toss. Great defensive effort for at least three quarters anyway. Our db's finally starting playing aggressive at the line of scrimmage and not playing soft. We got off the field defensively on third down more consistently, which got our offense flowing like hot butter. Hoyer is very cool in the pocket and getting more comfortable each week. Our ground game set up a couple real nice misdirection, play action passes that had the squealers D lost. Great job by the entire coaching staff. The worm is finally turning.

GO BROWNS!

It was nice to see Pettine and O'Neil not blitz so much. I think that threw Ben off because multiple times on 3rd down I was expecting an overload blitz only to never see it. The corners had

Some help over the top, letting them play aggressive under neath. The front 7 did a decent job limiting the damage by the run game. However it was their recognition on several key screens that really turned the tide of the game.

What would this offense look like with Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron, Tate and Crowell? Wow! I think I am looking forward to the rest of the season instead of more first round draft busts. I also will predict that they will beat the Bengals who suddenly look vulnerable. And if they stay healthy.......

Does anyone else think the defense is better without Taylor & Rubin

I don't. I don't know if you noticed or not but yet again we got run all the fuck over. If it weren't for the secondary and Brian Fucking Hoyer making it so that the Steelers had to get away from the run...we wouldn't have won that game. Defense was not as good as that 10 points would make you want to think. And now we lost Armonty too? Not good. We need Taylor and Rubin back ASAP. One more guy goes down and the Browns will start calling people down out of the stands.

I think guys just stepped it up[/quote

I will let you know when I watch the game on Rewind this week on NFL channel. I love the weather in Florida but miss the Browns and the Indians. I have the Big Ten Network and now that LeBron is back ESPN will show Cavs every other night. I am looking forward to the one game that they'll show against the Buccaneers. Go Browns!

One of our most "powerful" wins?

Na, this was just another win.

Why do I think that?

First, I refuse to give Steeler fans the benefit of any moral victories by us celebrating like we won the Super Bowl. We won a game that we were both favored in and expected to win. We did what we were supposed to do. There is no joy in beating a cellar dweller, just another day in the office.

Secondly, we have bigger fish to fry. We can win this division and if we continue to play like we did today, we will.

It's just another game fellas. Bring on the Jags.

Beating the Steelers at home is not just another day at the office. The NFL is better when the Browns vs Steelers means something. To the Steelers, yes beating the Browns endlessly over the years like OSU now beats up on Michigan...was just another day at the office. The Steelers game should NEVER be considered another day at the office. On the flip side nobody should be so fanatical about it that we advocate doing stupid shit like hustling players off the IR just to play Pgh. Or give passes to bad coaches cause they beat the Steelers. Like if we went 2-14 for a couple years in a row that staff should probably be looked at even though the two wins were against the Steelers. I'll never advocate that kind of zealotry over one team. But there will be seasons where we have a run of bad luck and we're pretty much out of the playoffs by mid season......then, we can totally do things like save players for the Pgh game "especially" if they're in the playoff hunt themselves. Would love the Browns to be the Steeler playoff spoiler in seasons like that.

One of our most "powerful" wins?

Na, this was just another win.

Why do I think that?

First, I refuse to give Steeler fans the benefit of any moral victories by us celebrating like we won the Super Bowl. We won a game that we were both favored in and expected to win. We did what we were supposed to do. There is no joy in beating a cellar dweller, just another day in the office.

Secondly, we have bigger fish to fry. We can win this division and if we continue to play like we did today, we will.

It's just another game fellas. Bring on the Jags.

i agree with you here about 90% BECAUSE the browns had to knock that psychological demon out of their heads when it came to the steelers. they were our big bully on the block for years and years.

BUT

you are so correct because if you look up from the fallen steeler bully there are 2 bigger ones coming down the street. the ravens and cincy are the new big boys of the division, and if we fuck up these 'give me' games, we'll have done nothing except beat the steelers 1 outta 2 this year. 3 and 2 is nothing. keep this momentum and build upon this win.

let's just hope the injury bug has been squashed.

Walter, if you really want an answer to your question, start a poll...

It was nice to see Pettine and O'Neil not blitz so much. I think that threw Ben off because multiple times on 3rd down I was expecting an overload blitz only to never see it. The corners had some help over the top, letting them play aggressive under neath. The front 7 did a decent job limiting the damage by the run game. However it was their recognition on several key screens that really turned the tide of the game.

Seemed we just played a lot more zone... screen reactions and run support both benefitted. Ben was forced to hold the ball often and the big play never came their way.

Beating the Steelers at home is not just another day at the office. The NFL is better when the Browns vs Steelers means something. To the Steelers, yes beating the Browns endlessly over the years like OSU now beats up on Michigan...was just another day at the office. The Steelers game should NEVER be considered another day at the office.

But, just like Michigan, if we were to dominate the Steelers for the next couple decades, we too would cease to see them as rivals. Just as Steeler fans, by and large, have ceased to see us as a "rival".

If we at least split our meetings in 2015, if we show that yesterday's win was not a fluke, but a turn of fortune, then the thought that we may well be "rival-worthy" will begin to sink into Steeler heads.

It takes two to make a rivalry and it takes two to sustain one.

Archived