THE BROWNS BOARD

F Brian "Garbage" Hoyer

Soju

.the comical thing is the bandwagoners that what Johnny to start right now will be the first fags 2 wantMike Pettine fired before the season is over

Hoyer could go 20/20 through 3 quarters with 200+ yards and 2+ TDs and they'd be silent. Then he could make a mistake and they'd talk about nothing but that 1 bad throw.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.

Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.

Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.

I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.

Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.

I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.

you like other manziel fans feel that way...and if you're a JF fan i get you.

BUT like i had posted in another couple of threads.do you really think that pettine or farmer or anyone else in the org is holding him back? really? do you guys ever sit down and think like "hey these guys are hired as NFL coaches and they might know a little bit more about football than me." what in the world's tiniest sphincter could be the reason pettine is not starting manziel? UUHH...maybe he's not upt to par? maybe he still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook? maybe the coaching staff thinks he might get killed?

i really think that grossman would come in before manziel in a backup situation. trick play here or there...sure, why not? just don't let the kid get his head taken off by richard seymour.

I watched the game twice and while it wasn't Hoyer's best game, I can't hold him responsible for the loss. West had a first down and went west rather than north, leading to an eventual loss of possession on downs. It was Hawkins' worst game with two critical drops and an inability to take a key pass-and-run to the house. And the O-line was dominated throughout the game. Lastly, the coaches need to understand that kicking a FG is OK, and helps keep momentum on your side.

you like other manziel fans feel that way...and if you're a JF fan i get you.

BUT like i had posted in another couple of threads.do you really think that pettine or farmer or anyone else in the org is holding him back? really? do you guys ever sit down and think like "hey these guys are hired as NFL coaches and they might know a little bit more about football than me." what in the world's tiniest sphincter could be the reason pettine is not starting manziel? UUHH...maybe he's not upt to par? maybe he still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook? maybe the coaching staff thinks he might get killed?

i really think that grossman would come in before manziel in a backup situation. trick play here or there...sure, why not? just don't let the kid get his head taken off by richard seymour

Let me ask you this.... Are you ok with losing every game that we don't have like 200 yards rushing? There are alot of teams out there that can win when the running game is down. The Browns are not one of them. So if your ok with that than Hoyer is for sure your guy and you can ride him as far as he or should I say Tate and Crowell can take this team. Maybe 8-8.

Never said I know more football than the NFL coaches as your post suggest, Did you even read it before you started blabbing. Just gave my opinion (which was play Johnny ) and also explained why that was my opinion! But here is an idea, UUHH......... maybe you have a rookie head coach who just took the safe route by playing the veteran game manager instead of the 1st round draft choice. That doesn't mean it was the right one. Just happens to be his call and not any of the fans.......... just because he is the coach doesn't mean he is always right. Just means its his choice not ours.

And let me go over this again. Not a Johnny homer but became a fan the second he became a brown. I as a fan just think he is a better fit for where this team is at right now. It just baffles me how many people just hold Hoyer up like he is gonna take us to the promise land. Got news for ya, that aint going to happen so the sooner we get on to the guy we drafted that IMO yes I said my OPINION is a better QB ( which is not saying to much though, it is just Hoyer after all ) the better off we are.

Not a Johnny homer but became a fan the second he became a brown.

Ha! The irony is incredible.

It was hoyer, not the run game, that led game winning drives for the browns. While we all might be a little high on hoyer, he's the best we've had in a long time (not that youd know) and in the coaches eyes, he's the best we have now.

You mess the oline up, the offense presses and the whole thing

gets out of sync.

Tom Brady isn't immune to having a bad game because of it, either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/tom-brady_n_5907176.html

Fool looked like garbage, showed us who he is, a scared QB who is aafraid of taking this team to the next level and dropping the ball. Johnny Maziel Time.

Throws were horrible, not accurate at all.

Garbage Long ball

Garbage Garbage Garbage.

You fair weather fans make us sick. Last week after he manhandled the Stealers, you were laughing, saying how good he was yadaa, yadaa. Now one bad game and its time to throw everything away and go with a green rookie. COM-ON-MAN! Your football knowledge is Garbage...

Simmer down, Hoyer will be just fine. All these fans with all the knee jerk reactions and being overly critical about Hoyer after 1 stinker of a game is CRAZY! Give credit to the Jags, they beat our ass! Its the NFL!! That shit happens, and to the good teams too! IMO this one was on the coaches first and foremost, then terrible execution by the whole team. Even though Hoyers a 6 yr. Vet, hes only started 10 games in his career, so in my mind he still got alot of upside and improvement to make. Ive seen games and flashes from him to make me think that he very well can achieve "ELITE" status. Just gonna take more hard work. Its to early to toss him aside IMO. Could come back to haunt us bigtime if they give up on him too soon....

Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly.

And I know you don't know jack about football. Frustration? You got that cold, but not football.

A QB can win without a running game... Hoyer can... and he has. MN with only 103 yds rushing. CIN with 89 yds rushing.

What no QB can do is win without a ground game and being under pressure.

The fumble... pressure... officially hit just before started throwing motion.

The INT... pressure... hit below the knees just as he threw.

Did Hoyer make bad throws as well? Yes. Missed TD to Cam and the underthrown, deep ball after the boot left were both bad throws. But they were also incompletions... and they beat some alternatives.

I watched the game twice and while it wasn't Hoyer's best game, I can't hold him responsible for the loss.

It took me two viewings to see two things:

- what a total team effort this loss was.

- how well Hoyer actually played in stretches.

Let me ask you this.... Are you ok with losing every game that we don't have like 200 yards rushing? There are alot of teams out there that can win when the running game is down.

I as a fan just think he is a better fit for where this team is at right now. It just baffles me how many people just hold Hoyer up like he is gonna take us to the promise land. Got news for ya, that aint going to happen so the sooner we get on to the guy we drafted that IMO yes I said my OPINION is a better QB ( which is not saying to much though, it is just Hoyer after all ) the better off we are.

1. Your 200 yard question is a bullshit question as we have not run for 200 in a single game victory... 122, 176 and 158 are our rushing totals in our wins.

2. We get it. You're baffled and you're entitled to your opinion. Enjoy...

I havent posted much, been basking in my Cowboys glory. They have been kicking ass this season, in case you didnt notice, lol.

Anyways, i did watch the Browns game on NFL Rewind. Hoyer was garbage. Looks like the same type of bad throws he made during training camp. NFL QBs dont miss that TD throw in the endzone. Browns had no business losing that game. That one was on Hoyer.

I just imagine how good this team would be with Manziel at the helm. Pettine is an idiot if he doesnt make the switch soon before its too late.

You sound like a complete dick. Been "too busy" to come here because of your 'boys kicking ass? Congrats if that was your goal. All quiet when Hoyer and the Browns are looking good, then one bad game and you miraculously show up to profess more of your Manziel love.

Cowboys doing well....until December rolls around again. Unfortunately that means you'll be here more often, spouting more love exclusively for Manziel instead of the Cleveland Browns.

NO MORE CHANCES.

MANZIEL GOES IN FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. END OF STORY.

I cant even entertain the ridiculousness of your post... lol... this just made Me laugh...

Browns vs Jags Jags 0-6

Browns vs Jags Browns favorite by 6.5

Browns vs Jags rookie qb

Browns vs Raiders Raiders 0-6

Browns vs Raiders Browns favorite by 6.5

Browns vs Raiders rookie QB

If the Browns lose this game and Hoyer looks like he did last week,

Bring on Johnny.

Why not, at 3-4 with 2 straight loses against 0-6 teams with rookie qb's, there is no reason to keep playing Hoyer

Yeah if we lose 42-35 loss still on Hoy? Cause until last Sunday we've been putting up around 30 points consistently and against good defense's. This season right now is on our defense, period!! We could theoretically be unbeaten if our defense was as good or even just a little bit worse than last year. If he plays bad against Oak than the Tampa game is his last stand before we have no choice but to see what JF's got. And he has to know that he could possibly be yanked in the middle of that Tampa game if he's just utter shit.

I have no problem going to Manziel, but....what if he sucks? This is a possibility you Johnny Football lovers aren't even considering. If and when they make the change, he better be good, or do you pull him out after one bad game like you want to do with Hoyer? You can't go back to Hoyer, then. If it turns into another qb circus, I could see all new coaches again. Groundhog day....just like the last 15 years.

I have no problem going to Manziel, but....what if he sucks? This is a possibility you Johnny Football lovers aren't even considering. If and when they make the change, he better be good, or do you pull him out after one bad game like you want to do with Hoyer? You can't go back to Hoyer, then. If it turns into another qb circus, I could see all new coaches again. Groundhog day....just like the last 15 years.

If he sucks, we will be looking for a QB in the next draft, like we always do

Hoyer will have a good day today. Has too. Its Oakland, they're playing awful against the pass. Giving up and avg QB rating of 106.

If Hoyer doesn't go 250 2TD and 65% comp I'd be shocked. Too easy today. Too easy next week. If Hoyer had that stinker of the Jacksonville and then had to play, say Buffalo next, it would be danger city. But he gets two of the softest defenses in the NFL back to back. Very fortunate because he's much closer to being curtains then some around here like to admit.

After the next two weeks the Browns will officially have the easiest first 8 game schedule in the NFL. If we can't have a winning record, 5-3, against the easiest schedule in the NFL then really whats the prospects this season? If we drop one of the next two and are 4-4 at the halfway point...after playing the easiest schedule in the NFL, then we need to start planning for the future.

But according to you we should already have moved onto "the future"...

100%.

Hoyer isn't the future, of anybody. He's a stop gap career backup QB with accuracy issues. Its what he came into the league as, its what hes been cut 3 times as, and its what he still is.

Have to find out what Manziel has before next two QB loaded drafts.

Browns have to find a Franchise QB.

Brian Hoyer is not a Franchise QB.

Both of those are true, combine them and you'll have exactly what I've been saying all along.

Did you see Ian Rapoport on Eisen this morning? Said Jon Gruden begged the Raiders to take Manziel first round last draft and if they did he was going to coach the Raiders. Thats how much Gruden believes Manziel is a Franchise QB. If we traded Hoyer to Oakland right now do you think Gruden comes out of the booth to coach them then? Not a chance in hell.

The thinking around here is too small time to realize the opportunity the Browns have here and how much wasting of time is going on.

Why the hate on Hoyer. Did he fail to stop the run last week? Did he ask for the O-line to be dominated? Did he ask Mack to get injured? Did he ask Hawkins to drop balls and not take an easy TD to the house? Did he snap the ball to himself while trying to draw the opponents offside? Did he muff a critical punt headed for the end zone? Did he ask West to go towards the sideline when all he needed was to dive 1 yard forward for a critical first down? Did he suggest we go for it on 4th down rather than take a field goal and go up 9-0? Football is a funny game, made up of inches and team execution and momentum. The outcome of last weeks game is on everyone, including Hoyer. But let's not dump it all on him. If I'm the coach, I'm screaming at a lot of missed assignments and opportunities on both sides of the ball. And I would also hate myself because there was no excuse for the FG decision. I was calling him an idiot before the 4th down outcome. It wasn't the time or the place to go for it, and this is the second game in which his refusal to just take the F'n field goal hurt us.

Why the hate on Hoyer. Did he fail to stop the run last week? Did he ask for the O-line to be dominated? Did he ask Mack to get injured? Did he ask Hawkins to drop balls and not take an easy TD to the house? Did he snap the ball to himself while trying to draw the opponents offside? Did he muff a critical punt headed for the end zone? Did he ask West to go towards the sideline when all he needed was to dive 1 yard forward for a critical first down? Did he suggest we go for it on 4th down rather than take a field goal and go up 9-0? Football is a funny game, made up of inches and team execution and momentum. The outcome of last weeks game is on everyone, including Hoyer. But let's not dump it all on him. If I'm the coach, I'm screaming at a lot of missed assignments and opportunities on both sides of the ball. And I would also hate myself because there was no excuse for the FG decision. I was calling him an idiot before the 4th down outcome. It wasn't the time or the place to go for it, and this is the second game in which his refusal to just take the F'n field goal hurt us.

I don't know. It's almost as if scoring 6 points, throwing for 16/41 (39%) with no touchdowns and throwing a game clinching INT to lose against a winless team with a Rookie QB who threw 3 interceptions draws the critics. No idea why.

However you will be relieved Frenchy, because I don't think last week was all on Hoyer. Nor was the win vs Pittsburgh all on Hoyer either. However those two performances are merely a symptom of what Brian Hoyer is, they don't define him. His lack of elite talent defines him.

Hoyer is a Miller High Life in a Champaign League. While you're telling me how you can get drunk just the same off of both, I'm telling you how far you're missing the point.

Both of those are true, combine them and you'll have exactly what I've been saying all along.

The thinking around here is too small time to realize the opportunity the Browns have here and how much wasting of time is going on.

Everyone knows exactly what you've been saying. We have for weeks. We knew it in the preseason. We knew even when you forgot it to alter your narrative to fit the reality of Hoyer winning the starting job.

Now that Hoyer has stumbled and you have seized the opportunity to hop on his back and resurrect your original case, we still remember it.

And we also remember that it is not what you have been "saying all along".

Small thinking... lol... quit trying to sweet talk us...

Everyone knows exactly what you've been saying. We have for weeks. We knew it in the preseason. We knew even when you forgot it to alter your narrative to fit the reality of Hoyer winning the starting job.

Now that Hoyer has stumbled and you have seized the opportunity to hop on his back and resurrect your original case, we still remember it.

And we also remember that it is not what you have been "saying all along".

Small thinking... lol... quit trying to sweet talk us...

Amen,Tour... You knew the ass mokeys were waiting in the wings, after he had one stinking bad game.. Reality will restore sanity after this sunday plays out.

Archived