THE BROWNS BOARD

Stockton Shorts Discusses Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont blame you guys as this point. I understand you're simpletons and can't understand big picture ideas.

However I could not say it more times that I do not know if Manziel is good or not. He could be horrible. Hell we could release him tomorrow and I'll go right to saying Shaw needs to start, this is about Brian Hoyer. He is as average as it gets,below average in many regards, he is not a Franchise QB and the fact he's keeping this team in the middle is the worst thing that could happen to a team thats trying to build. You're either in the ocean or on the beach, but we're hanging out in the surf and we're drowning.

I get that in your brains if ANYBODY doesn't like Hoyer then they HAVE to be a Manziel lover. You can't see what you can't see, and its not your fault, its genetics. You get passed down the inability to understand large concepts, and its just stuck with you. Like Hoyer is stuck being mediocre.

I also don't blame any of you, Bone, bbedward or whatever, MIktoxic, and especially Tour for loving Brian Hoyer. Everyone likes the people they can relate to. Hoyer is that for you. An everyman out there making good. In 30 years someone will say "Hey remember Brian Hoyer?" and people will say "Who?" and they'll say "You know, that guy that was QB for the Browns that one year...bald head?" and people will reach deep in their memories and go "Hmm..maybe, I think I remember him".

And thats who each of you are. The average man that has been born, will live, and will leave this earth without anyone ever remembering you for anything because you're completely unremarkable. Just like Hoyer, and thus he is your hero. I do not blame you for this, it's not your fault its nature.

You should live up it. Right now live it up, because this world you've constructed where the Browns are a contender and Brian Hoyer is the Franchise guy is about to take some severe blows and this is probably your last chance to live in this alternate reality. After that its my turn.

i guess that means you ARE the anit-christ after all.

man i knew it all along.

100%

I know your brain can't wrap itself around that. I mean hell my brain doesn't understand string theory, so we all have our limits. However chasing the playoffs with a team that clearly was not a contender set the Browns back and in many ways they still haven't recovered. They were trying to build that year, but instead of playing the young guys (and Quinn) they stuck with a guy they knew wasn't that good and abandoned the future to "live in the now" that set the build back a year, meaning we found about Quinn a year too late, the staff a year too late and missed out on Stafford/Flacco/Ryan etc etc etc and ended up getting stuck with McCoy the year we HAD to have a QB.

We missed the playoffs that year, and for what? What did we accomplish?

Let me ask you this...did 2007 propel us into greatness?

No, but you're constantly badgering about how we need to put in Manziel and if he tanks we need to get another rookie, then start that rookie and if he tanks take another one and keep going until it works. Flacco has benefited from an outstanding environment, defense, run game, etc. Stafford hasn't had the best of luck to be honest - until this year, and Ryan - who I believe is the best of the 3 - is 2-6 this year. All 3 are good, not great QBs that probably wouldn't be doing a lot better than Hoyer if you plugged em in this year.

We've had enough of the tank until it works approach. Great teams play to win, and that's that.

You should live up it. Right now live it up, because this world you've constructed where the Browns are a contender and Brian Hoyer is the Franchise guy is about to take some severe blows and this is probably your last chance to live in this alternate reality. After that its my turn.

Whatever....My guess is that should that time come, big if at this point) but if it should, your turn won't last very long around here.

what's this WE shit? you're about as far away from a browns fan that i've ever heard of. i'm from ohio, not from cleveland, so i never heard of brian hoyer until last year. he came in and won. he is winning now. i'll continue to root for him until he shits the bed.

what don't you get? if manziel or shaw was so good don't you think they'd be playing?

what an obtuse jerk.

I dont blame you guys as this point. I understand you're simpletons and can't understand big picture ideas.

However I could not say it more times that I do not know if Manziel is good or not. He could be horrible. Hell we could release him tomorrow and I'll go right to saying Shaw needs to start, this is about Brian Hoyer. He is as average as it gets,below average in many regards, he is not a Franchise QB and the fact he's keeping this team in the middle is the worst thing that could happen to a team thats trying to build. You're either in the ocean or on the beach, but we're hanging out in the surf and we're drowning.

I get that in your brains if ANYBODY doesn't like Hoyer then they HAVE to be a Manziel lover. You can't see what you can't see, and its not your fault, its genetics. You get passed down the inability to understand large concepts, and its just stuck with you. Like Hoyer is stuck being mediocre.

I also don't blame any of you, Bone, bbedward or whatever, MIktoxic, and especially Tour for loving Brian Hoyer. Everyone likes the people they can relate to. Hoyer is that for you. An everyman out there making good. In 30 years someone will say "Hey remember Brian Hoyer?" and people will say "Who?" and they'll say "You know, that guy that was QB for the Browns that one year...bald head?" and people will reach deep in their memories and go "Hmm..maybe, I think I remember him".

And thats who each of you are. The average man that has been born, will live, and will leave this earth without anyone ever remembering you for anything because you're completely unremarkable. Just like Hoyer, and thus he is your hero. I do not blame you for this, it's not your fault its nature.

you mean you are the anti-christ?

you truly are a sociopath.

I doubt there are many on this board that are as blood deep into the Cleveland Browns as I am.

Im aware you don't believe me, and why would you, you can't understand these things. Tiny kid, crying in the stadium after the drive, and trying to throw things on the field as a small child after the fumble. 1990 HOF game actually got to go on a car ride with Bernie. Greatest thing ever. Made signs in 1993 to carry around the stadium mocking Modell for saying Bernie had "Declining Skills". Sat in the dog pound in 95 doing my best to rip up seats, with tears running down my face as the Browns said goodbye. Got so rowdy the refs made the Bengals go the opposite direction, play to the 50 and flip the field to stay away from the pound. I still remember the players coming over and hugging someones helmet. Crowd was too crazy to even see who it was. Next day at school I wore my "MUCK FODELL" tshirt and got a weeks detention for it. Was there for the comeback in 99. Black out drunk and ready to fight in Pittsburgh after Northcutt fails to bring in a key 3rd down pass and the Steelers drive down and win the AFC Wild Card game in 03. I've been there folks.

You can say all you want that I'm not a Browns fan. You're wrong. I've been through it all and being through it all I've learned. I've learned what it looks like to spin your wheels in mud and tell people "Oh I'm doing something" when you're really not. The "Live for right now" philosophy the Browns have employed for the last...hell decade has been the ruin of this franchise. We've never taken the time to build for two years from now, only tried to eek things out right now and we're doing it again with a team that is sub par. It destroys franchises.

You ever see the movie "When Harry Met Sally"? At the end Billy Crystal SPOILER ALERT tells Meg Ryan "When you know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"

Well its like that with QBs too, only the opposite. The minute you know someone isn't the guy, you have to move on. And keep moving on, and on and on, and yes rack up 20 more names on the back of that jersey because all it takes is 1...1 QB, 1 time you're right and you're set up for the next 10-15 years. The Browns deserve that. They don't deserve to be flattered and flirt with 8 and 9 win season and call that amazing. Thats poor people shit. Hoyer is in the same mold and design as Holcomb, Garcia, McCown, Pederson, Dilfer, Delhomme, and on and on and on. Same fucking guy over and over and each time we go "Hey lets ride this out a bit to see what happens" when its obvious.

Hoyer isn't the guy. Until the Browns find THE guy this Franchise is stuck in the mud. Even if that means being terrible year after year and taking QB after QB in the draft, so be it, because it only takes 1 and we're set for a decade. Will never win a Super Bowl another way.

We're wasting time, and how do I know, because I've been there and watching the same waste of time for the last 15 years of my life.

Sorry you guys can't see that, and that being 5-3 after playing 3 teams who outside of us have combined records of 1-21 and being outscored by those teams 54-51 is enough to get your dicks hard, but I've seen this story before and it's more of the same only with a worse draft pick.

if i had my choice i would've picked a WR at 22 and waited until next year to draft a QB. this before i knew how disturbing the JF fans would be.

i guess kaepernick isn't the guy either, getting beat by st. louis right now? because we all know winning and losing is all on the QBs shoulders. phillip rivers must suck too because they got banged by the fins? peyton manning with how many INTs now?

i would say to you that those offenses are a lot more stacked than ours, yet they either lost or are about to lose so that means those QBs suck huh?

this is a whole new system on both sides of the ball with key injuries to both, yet we still have won 5 games which is equal to the amount of season wins in the past how many years. ride this wagon until the wheels fall off. what's wrong with that?

but to bitch on and on, with the same old song and dance...........sure there will be a QB change eventually and it might not even be manziel. but better football minds than mine or yours will make that call.

but to bitch on and on, with the same old song and dance...........sure there will be a QB change eventually and it might not even be manziel. but better football minds than mine or yours will make that call.

That really is the main point here. I was happy with the Manziel pick but now that we've got these fucking homos here telling us that we should dump the season, just so we can find out if Manziel can play or not is fucking Retarded.

So, if you've been around that long, and are as intelligent as you seem to think you are, you should have noticed that what has actually kept the Browns from getting out of the cellar of this division, has been throwing QB after QB behind a line that can't protect for shit. Drafting QB after QB, and saying "let's see what he's got" a handful of games into each season, whether he's ready for it or not. Asking them to throw the ball to receivers that can't get open, without being able to run the ball at all.

I don't see this Browns team as a playoff team. I frankly don't give a shit if they do make the playoffs this year. What I do think is important, is that this team learn to win some games. They're winning ugly, but there is value in that, long term. And as long as your QB isn't costing you games, you stick with what you have.

They said today, your boy, Johnny, only reads half the field. 2 looks, pulls it down and runs. In practice. You want to guess how that plays out in a full speed NFL game, for a guy who isn't as quick or elusive as ESPN wants you to believe?

Hoyer makes some bad throws. He makes some great throws. He doesn't cost the rest of the team games. Brady/Manning have completely obscured what it means to be a "franchise quarterback." A term I hate in itself. Throw that completion percentage around to support your argument. Go head. Because that one number is one of the more worthless numbers with which to measure a quarterback. Have a look at how many "franchise quarterbacks" in your memory have career completion percentages of 65-70%. And when you realize very few winning quarterbacks throughout the 80s and 90s even flirted with 65% a season, let alone for a career, maybe you'll start to ask yourself, "what numbers should I be looking at to measure the success of a starting quarterbacks in the NFL?"

I suspect you won't. Because while you claim everyone here is missing the obvious, blinded by their stupidity, you are as guilty or more so, of the very same. So troll on. I only bothered to respond hoping that you are half as intelligent as you think, and will try to think about things objectively.

...sure there will be a QB change eventually and it might not even be manziel. but better football minds than mine or yours will make that call.

Really...

You know the difference between Stocky and 90% of the rest of us here? Probably a few weeks... possibly longer, but probably only a few.

Well that and at least a few healthy relationships with other forum members.

Stocky, one last chance...

Write down the talk you'd give to the 2014 Browns explaining why you are shelving their 5-3 QB so you can test drive your back up.

Be sure to address the fact that you are giving up on any playoff aspirations because it is clear the team is not good enough.

Be sure to include the fact that despite you giving up and shutting down the season, they should not.

And don't forget to wish Hoyer well since he be gone as soon as the season ends.

I can't wait to read this...

Don't forget to use small words so we can understand you...

I only bothered to respond hoping that you are half as intelligent as you think, and will try to think about things objectively.

Glad you bothered...

So, if you've been around that long, and are as intelligent as you seem to think you are, you should have noticed that what has actually kept the Browns from getting out of the cellar of this division, has been throwing QB after QB behind a line that can't protect for shit. Drafting QB after QB, and saying "let's see what he's got" a handful of games into each season, whether he's ready for it or not. Asking them to throw the ball to receivers that can't get open, without being able to run the ball at all.

I don't see this Browns team as a playoff team. I frankly don't give a shit if they do make the playoffs this year. What I do think is important, is that this team learn to win some games. They're winning ugly, but there is value in that, long term. And as long as your QB isn't costing you games, you stick with what you have.

They said today, your boy, Johnny, only reads half the field. 2 looks, pulls it down and runs. In practice. You want to guess how that plays out in a full speed NFL game, for a guy who isn't as quick or elusive as ESPN wants you to believe?

Hoyer makes some bad throws. He makes some great throws. He doesn't cost the rest of the team games. Brady/Manning have completely obscured what it means to be a "franchise quarterback." A term I hate in itself. Throw that completion percentage around to support your argument. Go head. Because that one number is one of the more worthless numbers with which to measure a quarterback. Have a look at how many "franchise quarterbacks" in your memory have career completion percentages of 65-70%. And when you realize very few winning quarterbacks throughout the 80s and 90s even flirted with 65% a season, let alone for a career, maybe you'll start to ask yourself, "what numbers should I be looking at to measure the success of a starting quarterbacks in the NFL?"

I suspect you won't. Because while you claim everyone here is missing the obvious, blinded by their stupidity, you are as guilty or more so, of the very same. So troll on. I only bothered to respond hoping that you are half as intelligent as you think, and will try to think about things objectively.

Really drafting QB after QB and throwing him in there? What QBs would that be? Since Couch only Weeden started Game 1. Other QBs taken in 1st two rounds: Quinn (Pick made because he was a local kid who dreamed of being Browns QB) and Couch. First 3 rounds Frye (Pick made because he was a local kid who dreamed of being Browns QB) and McCoy.

Browns year after year after year have tried to take other teams garbage and make it our gold. Year after year after year. This year too. Garbage and calling it gold.

You know that the last 10 of last 11 Super Bowls have been won by players DRAFTED (Eli traded for on draft night) by their team? Only exception is New Orleans with Brees who they got because SD drafted Rivers. Only 3 other participants last 11 years have been players not drafted (traded for on draft night) and thats Peyton Manning (Colts got Luck) and Kurt Warner (Giants got Manning).

Look at those names. Brees, Manning, Manning, Luck, Warner, on top Brady and Big Ben and Rodgers..look at those names

And we're talking about Brian Hoyer. Brian fucking Hoyer. Look at those names and what it takes to get to be elite and we're talking Brian Fucking Hoyer?!?!

And I'm the one thats unreasonable?

And I know "But hes the best we've had since ______" thats fine, you don't marry a 5 just because you've only been able to fuck 3's before. Hoyer is not in that league of QBs, its not even close and it will never be close. Because of talent. Thats why. He's not talented enough.

If you don't have an elite QB you have SHIT. Nothing, Nada. Especially in todays NFL where the rules favor QBs unlike ever before.

If you're not going for a Super Bowl, which we aren't, then what are you doing? What are you doing? Building? How? By taking other peoples throw aways and seeing if they Magically work here? Thats what we've been doing with Garcia and Holcomb and Anderson and Delhomme and Gradkowski and Dilfer and on and on and on. All the QBs we got because they're "Good veteran leaders" who could "win now" and you're blind if you don't see how Hoyer fits in with that group.

Yeah we drafted Quinn, didn't work out, we took an extra year to find that out because we were wasting time chasing a championship an devoting time to Anderson...how'd that work out? Did it right the franchise?!? Yeah McCoy didn't work out. Yeah Weeden didn't work out (Who was as bad a pick as any GM could make, he was damn near 30). Doesn't mean you quit trying to find your Franchise QB and start going "Hey how about we take guys who have been cut by other teams, lets teach them a nice PA motion and give them 6 plays to run over and over" and win a Super Bowl.

You have to spend money to make money. You go in debt to get rich. You get worse to get better. It's all the same, sports have always been the same. You build over time. You see what the Jags are doing? They're doing it right and are going to benefit. Browns are doing this weird hybrid of "Hey maybe we can build AND win now!?!" and its the EXACT same shit we've been doing for the last decade. Not actually committing to a plan.

We're 5-3 after the easiest NFL schedule by a mile, and with 5 home games played, and if the playoffs started today we wouldn't be in. We'd finished 9th in the conference. You're sucking each other off over this, but its exactly the worst thing the Browns could do. No nice draft picks next year. Won't find out what Manziel is either. All because we're chasing a fantasy of "Ohhh maybe we could be a playoff team" when its clear that we're not contenders and we aren't playing a guy whos a Franchise QB. We're doing absolutely nothing. Exactly the same as every year before only this year we got a nice little record in the first 8 games so you think its hot shit, but miss the playoffs and whats the difference really between a 4-12 season and a 8-8 season?

I repeat:

Mannings

Brees

Rodgers

Brady

Big Ben

Warner

Shit even Flacco, Wilson, ColinK.....

And we're talking about Brian Fucking Hoyer....and you wonder why I find this insane?

I don't give a shit how a quarterback was acquired. Whether it be injury, or a quick hook from the coaching staff, this organization has continuously burned through quarterbacks. Acting exactly how you say a franchise should behave. 5 to 8 games and it's on to the next one until you find the next Peyton Manning. That doesn't work.

The Browns have drafted several QBs, and they were inserted into situations set up for them to fail. The very same situations the QBs we acquired through other means, failed.

Your list of names there. How many of those names could step into a Browns uniform today, and carry this team as it is right this moment, to a championship? Because after all, that's all that matters.

Or do we for once, try it differently? Maybe build a good team around the quarterback position, with depth, experience, and a little bit of success and the confidence that comes with it. Set up whoever the hell is at quarterback, to succeed, and not put the outcome of every game squarely on their shoulders every week.

If you think this team is one quarterback away from being a title contender, you're insane.

If you think the way to build a team is say, fuck the rest of the players, you have to start with a quarterback, you're an idiot.

And for the record, Flacco, Wilson, Kaepernick, Eli, not great quarterbacks. They have played on very good teams, and managed not to fuck it up for the rest of 'em. Those names right there, define exactly what I'm looking for with the Browns. Give me a defense that can play like those defenses, a line that can protect the quarterback, running backs who can move the ball, and receivers who can get open, and I'll show you a successful quarterback. I don't know if Brian Hoyer is going to be the starting quarterback if/when the Browns build that team. But I don't know that Johnny "Football" is either. What I do know, is that Brian Hoyer isn't the reason the 2014 Cleveland Browns aren't winning the Super Bowl. As long as that is true, I see no reason to push Johnny "Football" onto the field when it's obvious to the coaching staff that he is not at a point where he can successfully compete on an NFL field.

And also for the record, I think Johnny Football is a douche bag. I cringed when they drafted him. But once he puts on a Browns uniform, he's our douche bag. Hell I've rooted for, and defended on this very forum, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow.

And we're talking about Brian Fucking Hoyer....and you wonder why I find this insane?

I hope that was not your locker room message...

Now we need "an elite QB"...

This just keeps getting better...

I hope that was not your locker room message...

Now we need "an elite QB"...

This just keeps getting better...

He's not going to answer you because he cant do it. There's no way they can make that switch at this point. Not when our "not elite QB" will be starting Thursday night with a chance to put the Browns in first place in the division.

I don't give a shit how a quarterback was acquired. Whether it be injury, or a quick hook from the coaching staff, this organization has continuously burned through quarterbacks. Acting exactly how you say a franchise should behave. 5 to 8 games and it's on to the next one until you find the next Peyton Manning. That doesn't work.

The Browns have drafted several QBs, and they were inserted into situations set up for them to fail. The very same situations the QBs we acquired through other means, failed.

Your list of names there. How many of those names could step into a Browns uniform today, and carry this team as it is right this moment, to a championship? Because after all, that's all that matters.

Or do we for once, try it differently? Maybe build a good team around the quarterback position, with depth, experience, and a little bit of success and the confidence that comes with it. Set up whoever the hell is at quarterback, to succeed, and not put the outcome of every game squarely on their shoulders every week.

If you think this team is one quarterback away from being a title contender, you're insane.

If you think the way to build a team is say, fuck the rest of the players, you have to start with a quarterback, you're an idiot.

And for the record, Flacco, Wilson, Kaepernick, Eli, not great quarterbacks. They have played on very good teams, and managed not to fuck it up for the rest of 'em. Those names right there, define exactly what I'm looking for with the Browns. Give me a defense that can play like those defenses, a line that can protect the quarterback, running backs who can move the ball, and receivers who can get open, and I'll show you a successful quarterback. I don't know if Brian Hoyer is going to be the starting quarterback if/when the Browns build that team. But I don't know that Johnny "Football" is either. What I do know, is that Brian Hoyer isn't the reason the 2014 Cleveland Browns aren't winning the Super Bowl. As long as that is true, I see no reason to push Johnny "Football" onto the field when it's obvious to the coaching staff that he is not at a point where he can successfully compete on an NFL field.

And also for the record, I think Johnny Football is a douche bag. I cringed when they drafted him. But once he puts on a Browns uniform, he's our douche bag. Hell I've rooted for, and defended on this very forum, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow.

Set up to fail?

Flacco, Wilson, Kaep and Eli not great QBs?

And I'm supposed to take this post serious? Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP. Eli is going to be in the HOF. Wilson and Kaep are two of the most dangerous young QBs in the game Wilson with a Super Bowl and Kaep has been AT LEAST to the NFC Championship 3 straight years

If you put any one of those QBs on this Browns team, I think they're a contender. Yes I do. We'd be better then 5-3 right now too. Absolutely.

They're much better QBs then Hoyer has ever been or ever will be. If you can't see a difference between those QBs, all of which have been to a Super Bowl and Brian Hoyer, just the eye test, then you shouldn't be posting about football and you may be Brian Hoyers Mom.

We're building a team, the #1 position when you're building a team is QB. You can not go far until you have your Franchise QB in place. It has been proven over and over and over and yes, it matters that the players are drafted by their teams because they were picked, given the keys, and then built around. Thats how you do it.

The Browns are just throwing shit against the wall hoping it sticks.

Once again if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs how is that better then going 4-12 with Manziel? How? Better draft picks and Manziel gets experience and if hes a straight dumpster fire you'll know right away to move on. As it is we're just delaying the entire process, and thats not good for a build and not good for a plan. Its 2007 all over again, and for those of you new the conversation...2007 did not help the Franchise much did it?

Because that elite QB Kaepernick is currently 4-4 and cost his team a win against a putrid Rams team today. I watched that game and there's no way that the way he played today would've won the game against Tampa Bay.

And I seriously can't believe you're talking about fucking draft picks for 2015 when the team is 5 and fucking 3 and will have a chance to be in first place in 5 days.

Are you fucking Retarded?

He's not going to answer you because he cant do it.

I know... he ignored it the first two times I asked... but I can keep asking.

Other things Stocky's not going to do this week:

• use game stats;
  • grasp reality;
  • practice humility;
  • have sex...
Have to be more... Little help?

I know... he ignored it the first two times I asked... but I can keep asking.

Other things Stocky's not going to do this week:

• use game stats;
  • grasp reality;
  • practice humility;
  • have sex...
Have to be more... Little help?

Hoyer had 300 yards and 2TDs and 2INTs with 61% against the Bucs

Is that good? You tell me Tour, is that great?

The Bucs who gave up 5TDs in a half to Flacco. The Bucs that gave up 59 to the Falcons and a 155.9 rating to Ryan? The Bucs where Bridgewater threw for 241 and a TD with no picks? Hoyer and his 85 rating against a putrid pass defense is supposed to impress me?

You tell me Tour, how good was it today? Because it didn't look good. C+ at best.

Hoyer is on pace for what, 4000yds 20 TDs 8 INTs at about a 59% completion rate.

Check out Hall Of Famer Eli's career numbers.

Check out Super Bowl MVP Joe Flaccos.

Kaepernick helps his team win some games, and he just about single handedly loses them a few too. I'd rather have boring ass Brian Hoyer, or Alex Smith, than that at QB.

Russell Wilson is fine. He's in a situation where he can succeed. He wasn't asked to do too much as a rookie. They had a solid team around him, and he won the job straight out of training camp. Something the guy on our bench, didn't.

I didn't say any of them were terrible. I do think 3 of those 4 are some of the most over rated players in the league. You can read that however you want. Seems to be your style anyway.

But it's my opinion that if all 4 of those guys were drafted by the Cleveland Browns their rookie years, they would be backing up someone on another team right now.

I can't reason with idiots. All I can do is suggest you look at some statistics, and practice your reading comprehension skills, and get back to us when you've made sense of it all.

Hoyer is on pace for what, 4000yds 20 TDs 8 INTs at about a 59% completion rate.

Check out Hall Of Famer Eli's career numbers.

Check out Super Bowl MVP Joe Flaccos.

Kaepernick helps his team win some games, and he just about single handedly loses them a few too. I'd rather have boring ass Brian Hoyer, or Alex Smith, than that at QB.

If you think for 1 second that last comment you made is a true statement, then you have to quit talking. Have to. Brian Hoyer isn't even close to Alex Smiths ability and Alex Smith was ousted for Kaepernick and the Niners only got better.

If you can't see a difference, just by talent, if you can not see a difference between Joe Flacco and Eli and Brian Hoyer, then you're drunk in love. You're beyond saving. Everyone loves to rail against the "Manziel Lovers" who don't really exist on this board and you can't see the love affair you all have with Brian Hoyer where you act like hes something he never has been nor never will be. He's not in the same class as Flacco and Eli and he's not in the class behind the class of those two.

Like I said, I don't blame you people for loving Hoyer. He is a small time nobody getting his shot. You relate to him. He's the extension of you. Someone time will quickly forget ever existed and is completely unremarkable in every way. You see yourself in him. You're comfortable with Hoyer.

Hoyer will never, ever ever be a Super Bowl winning QB. If you want to say that statement is false, then do so. Put it on paper and don't do this "Oh we don't know" yes we do. We do. Luck will be a Super Bowl winning QB, I know it and you know it. Hoyer will never sniff a Super Bowl. If you disagree with that then say it clearly. Say "I believe Hoyer will win a Super Bowl". If you don't make that statement then you must agree with me.

If my statement is true, that Hoyer will never sniff a Super Bowl, then again what the FUCK are we talking about here? Huh? We have a guy that even his biggest supporters don't think can win a Super Bowl and you want him to be the Franchise QB?

What sense does that make?

Hoyer had 300 yards and 2TDs and 2INTs with 61% against the Bucs

Is that good? You tell me Tour, is that great?

The Bucs who gave up 5TDs in a half to Flacco. The Bucs that gave up 59 to the Falcons and a 155.9 rating to Ryan? The Bucs where Bridgewater threw for 241 and a TD with no picks? Hoyer and his 85 rating against a putrid pass defense is supposed to impress me?

You tell me Tour, how good was it today? Because it didn't look good. C+ at best.

Looked good to me. Handled pressure and no running game pretty well. His accuracy was pretty good on all his throws, the first INT was the worst one, the one where Hawkins got creamed he shouldn't have thrown, 2nd pick was due to an overly predictable play call but wasn't a bad throw that got tipped up.

Lets see how he and the boys do against cincinnati, it'll be a good test.

If you think for 1 second that last comment you made is a true statement, then you have to quit talking. Have to. Brian Hoyer isn't even close to Alex Smiths ability and Alex Smith was ousted for Kaepernick and the Niners only got better.

If you can't see a difference, just by talent, if you can not see a difference between Joe Flacco and Eli and Brian Hoyer, then you're drunk in love. You're beyond saving. Everyone loves to rail against the "Manziel Lovers" who don't really exist on this board and you can't see the love affair you all have with Brian Hoyer where you act like hes something he never has been nor never will be. He's not in the same class as Flacco and Eli and he's not in the class behind the class of those two.

Like I said, I don't blame you people for loving Hoyer. He is a small time nobody getting his shot. You relate to him. He's the extension of you. Someone time will quickly forget ever existed and is completely unremarkable in every way. You see yourself in him. You're comfortable with Hoyer.

You missed the part where I said I don't give a shit if Hoyer is the starting quarterback on this team when it's good, didn't you?

Like I said, reading comprehension. Work on it. We'll still be here when you get back.

I will... after I read your message to the Locker room.

Until then... Hoyer's QB Rating today was 85.4. Thought you'd like to know.

I will... after I read your message to the Locker room.

Until then... Hoyer's QB Rating today was 85.4. Thought you'd like to know.

85.4. Thats good Tour.

Tampa Bays defense has given up an avg QB Rating of 107 this year.

So only 22 point below their season avg. Still pretty good for Hoyer. At least he hit 300 yards finally, in the most QB friendly offense against the worst cumulative pass defenses in the NFL.

So thats a milestone.

Really...

You know the difference between Stocky and 90% of the rest of us here? Probably a few weeks... possibly longer, but probably only a few.

Well that and at least a few healthy relationships with other forum members.

Stocky, one last chance...

Write down the talk you'd give to the 2014 Browns explaining why you are shelving their 5-3 QB so you can test drive your back up.

Be sure to address the fact that you are giving up on any playoff aspirations because it is clear the team is not good enough.

Be sure to include the fact that despite you giving up and shutting down the season, they should not.

And don't forget to wish Hoyer well since he be gone as soon as the season ends.

I can't wait to read this...

Don't forget to use small words so we can understand you...

Come on Stock, you're at a whole different level than us "simple minds", this should be easy for someone of your vast knowledge. What, are you scared to answer T's challenge? A know-it-all like you? We are all waiting for you to address the team Coach, time is ticking...........

Come on Stock, you're at a whole different level than us "simple minds", this should be easy for someone of your vast knowledge. What, are you scared to answer T's challenge? A know-it-all like you? We are all waiting for you to address the team Coach, time is ticking...........

Heres my talk to the team.

Hey guys, not good lately. It is clear that we're not contenders, especially without Mack. Not going to happen this year. The goal is to get you vets a Super Bowl before you retire so we're going to build for the future starting now. Brian Hoyer has been fine, but fine doesn't cut it at the QB position in this league so we're going to find out what we got in the kid. We will find a Super Bowl caliber QB in this few year window we have with you guys. We're not there yet, but we will continue to try and get there. Everybody give Brian a hand he's been adequate. He'll need some help moving this offseason so if any of you care to give him a hand with that. That'd be super. I'm sure he lives in an average house on average street so it'll be easy to find.

I'm gonna go ahead and humor Stockton.

Let's say fate forces the coaching staff's hand next week. Hoyer goes down with a broken collar bone. Manziel comes in and shits down the side of his leg.

The homers make excuses for the young rookie and hope for better next week. As the weeks roll by, and Manziel continues to struggle. his stats are even worse than the Hoyer stats some have been bitching and moaning about.

Browns end the season 6-10; the fan base disenfranchised after yet another let-down. What happens then?

Here's the fun part, the part where Stockton's theory falls apart. THE BROWNS DON'T GIVE UP ON MANZIEL!

The argument that "we need to find out if Manziel is a franchise QB to see if we need to draft a new one in a few months" doesn't hold up.

Certain posters would have us believe that the FO would use the last 8 games of the season to decide if they need to draft another QB next year.....

does that ever happen? Teams don't spend a 1st round pick on a QB and then after 8 games say "oops, looks like we need to draft a new one"

GMs don't trade up in the first round and draft a 21 year old QB to hear the fans cheer, or to give the national media something to talk about.

They do it to mold him into a franchise QB, a process that takes a lot longer than 8 games.

I understand there are plenty of Hoyer haters around, and they're allowed to dislike him. The most important thing is that the Browns are 5-3, enjoy it.

Hey guys, not good lately. It is clear that we're not contenders, especially without Mack. Not going to happen this year. The goal is to get you vets a Super Bowl before you retire so we're going to build for the future starting now. Brian Hoyer has been fine, but fine doesn't cut it at the QB position in this league so we're going to find out what we got in the kid. We will find a Super Bowl caliber QB in this few year window we have with you guys. We're not there yet, but we will continue to try and get there. Everybody give Brian a hand he's been adequate. He'll need some help moving this offseason so if any of you care to give him a hand with that. That'd be super. I'm sure he lives in an average house on average street so it'll be easy to find.

LMAO Well done Coach. You still have the locker room, and your men's respect. They'll follow you anywhere. L M A O!

LMAO...

I owe you a grade...

Here's one for you... F-

Archived