THE BROWNS BOARD

Stockton Shorts Discusses Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bengals made the same mistake all of you are begging the Browns to make, they took a guy with average talent and made him their Franchise

Now they're fucked.

I told my Bengal fan over and over and over "Dalton isn't the guy" and he said "But he wins, he gets us to the playoffs" and everytime I'd say "He doesn't have the talent" he'd repeat Daltons record over and over. 30-18 this past offseason.

Bengals signed him up for 6 years 115 Mil and the very FIRST thing they said was his record. 30-18, two playoff appearances. Sometimes its ugly but he gets wins.

Sound familiar?

Thats why you don't take average talent and make him your Franchise.

"BUT STOCKTON YOU SAID HOYER WOULD LOSE!!!"

I know all of you are going to say it, and this Bengals game had ZERO to do with Brian Hoyer. ZERO. He had an ok game. I saw one pass that was a great pass and a ton of passes that went to WRs with nobody within 5 yards of them.

90% of all Hoyers throws, if he DIDN'T complete it he'd be selling insurance by now.

He's an average talent, and now hes going to be asking big money and if the Browns give it to him (which they wont) thats the end of the Franchise. Kiss everyone goodbye in 3 years as it'll be starting all over, all over again. And now you got them on NFL network talking $100Mil contract??? Is this real life?

You don't take an average QB and make him your Franchise. You don't keep quoting a record and ignore the actual ability. You do that, and you ruin your Franchise.

By the way you can not tell me about any Manziel lovers...they don't exist....they don't exist....meanwhile there are fans CHANTING "BRAIN HOYER" Chanting it. Ignoring the rest of the team, and acting like Hoyer is the CAUSE of these wins and not just the QB that they're working with. 15/23 for 198 Yards and 0 TDs and people are CHANTING his name on the road?! And you wonder why I can't believe you people.

There are FAR more Hoyer zealots who give him far too much credit and zero blame, then there has EVER been Manziel lovers.

You people are in love with his story and ignore the reality of his talent.

If the Browns Front Office are dumb enough to buy into it, just like the Bengals did with Dalton.....Kiss any chance of a Super Bowl goodbye.

Go F**ck your self. Brian played like Brian "Brady" Hoyer tonight- and if you're not willing to admit it, you're F**cking blind.

My only complaint about tonight? they didn't let your poster boy take the last series of snaps up 24-3 with a few minutes left. Can't let THE FRANCHISE get hurt.

whhaaaaahhhh. Hoyer just earned himself a multi milliion dollar payday. And comparing Hoyer to Dalton is bull shit. Dalton is anti clutch, Hoyer is the exact opposite.

Shorty, you are never going to win the MENSA bowl, you don't have the talent for it. But you go on believing that you're Gods gift to all things wise. So pack your little " History will be kind to me" catch phrase and shove it where the sun don't shine. Here's a new catch phrase for you. "It would be kind if YOU were history".

I didn't watch last year but up to this point Hoyer has done a very nice job. If he can continue to play this way and develop even more I think he can be a really nice NFL qb. He will never be elite because of his inaccuracy at times but with the right team (Eli's Giants, Flacco's Ravens, Wilson's Seahawks) he can lead the team deep into the playoffs and maybe win a super bowl. But if the Browns don't turn into that team, which based off the past I see as a real possibility, I think you need a qb who is more than a game manager. I'm not saying Manziel is defiantly that guy, but I think that his ceiling his so much higher than Hoyer's that I would defiantly give him a chance next year. Even if you sign Hoyer you can't risk trading Johnny for what he can become. If the Browns want to go all in with Hoyer that's cool but they are going to need to draft unbelievably well over the next several years to get the right team together. Even though it was college I see Hoyer as an AJ Mccarron type. With Alabama's talent, he won several championships. Several qb's could win championships with Alabama. But only one could take Texas A&M into Alabama and pull out a win.

I didn't watch last year but up to this point Hoyer has done a very nice job. If he can continue to play this way and develop even more I think he can be a really nice NFL qb. He will never be elite because of his inaccuracy at times but with the right team (Eli's Giants, Flacco's Ravens, Wilson's Seahawks) he can lead the team deep into the playoffs and maybe win a super bowl. But if the Browns don't turn into that team, which based off the past I see as a real possibility, I think you need a qb who is more than a game manager. I'm not saying Manziel is defiantly that guy, but I think that his ceiling his so much higher than Hoyer's that I would defiantly give him a chance next year. Even if you sign Hoyer you can't risk trading Johnny for what he can become. If the Browns want to go all in with Hoyer that's cool but they are going to need to draft unbelievably well over the next several years to get the right team together. Even though it was college I see Hoyer as an AJ Mccarron type. With Alabama's talent, he won several championships. Several qb's could win championships with Alabama. But only one could take Texas A&M into Alabama and pull out a win.

Yes, I'm sure it would be "defiantly" giving him a chance at this rate.

You have a point somewhere in there. Tonight though, GTFO.

Are you Shorty's Siamese twin?

Shorty, you are never going to win the MENSA bowl, you don't have the talent for it. But you go on believing that you're Gods gift to all things wise. So pack your little " History will be kind to me" catch phrase and shove it where the sun don't shine. Here's a new catch phrase for you. "It would be kind if YOU were history".

I bet I do.

post-28367-0-41537400-1415339083_thumb.jpg

Ya know- that's what every RATIONAL Browns fan is saying. You ride the winning horse until he's not winning anymore. Stocky's BS that we have to see what JFF has got this year is bordering on insane. The Browns are in FIRST PLACE 9 games into the season.

BTW, Stockton, as they say insanity is the flip side of genius- and I declare you to be nuts.

Anyone in the top 2% of IQ, yes.

Been there, Junior... on a dare, many years ago...

Never took it all that seriously... an outlook you should adopt.

Which NFL QB has a Rating of 67.7 on 3rd downs and a completion % of 48.4% on 3rd downs? Both worst in the NFL of qualifying QBs.

Who is your guess? (Hint: The team he plays for is ranked 31st in the NFL in 3rd down conversion %, despite playing the worst cumulative 3rd down defenses in the NFL to date)

Winner gets some knowledge!

Which QB tonight DID NOT have a 2 QB rating? I will give you a hint, he does not have a $100M contract. You are about the last person in the nation that doesn't recognize how good Hoyer is. I am going with Kurt Warners opinion over yours every time.

Which QB tonight DID NOT have a 2 QB rating? I will give you a hint, he does not have a $100M contract. You are about the last person in the nation that doesn't recognize how good Hoyer is. I am going with Kurt Warners opinion over yours every time.

Let's expound on that for a second- get that through your fat head Stockton- Hoyer is 9-3 as a starter. 9-3 All you need to know. FYI that's up in Otto Graham territory. Please don't bring up some lame shit he only beat bottom feeders- tell that to the Steelers- who lost to the Bucs, Chargers who got BLOWN OUT against the Fins, or Seahags who lost to the Rams.

Hoyer has more football smarts in his toes than Anderson has in his entire body, if you want to trot out that lame argument.

Man, Stockton. You detailed your Browns fandom earlier. Crying and destroying things were involved. That's passion man! That's awesome in my book. I'm just hoping you can really enjoy games like these.

And can we get a Brian Hoyer sucks themed limerick?

There was a young man named Brian

Who had Retard crying

he said 'Johnny's Best!'

wouldn't give it a rest

Now Brian has stockton dying.

There was a whiner,

named stockton,

who dreamed he was finer

than Jonathon Ogden.

He pouted and thrashed,

and tried to kick ass,

but Hoyer showed shtock

had the IQ of a rock...

He bashed Hoyer with no end,

again and again and again,

til the last game by Hoyer,

made shtockon a bs deployer.

okay, didn't have time to work on it but a minute.....

There was a whiner,

named stockton,

who dreamed he was finer

than Jonathon Ogden.

He pouted and thrashed,

and tried to kick ass,

but Hoyer showed shtock

had the IQ of a rock...

He bashed Hoyer with no end,

again and again and again,

til the last game by Hoyer,

made shtockon a bs deployer.

okay, didn't have time to work on it but a minute.....

If Ohio doesn't already have a poet laureate...

Archived