THE BROWNS BOARD

Stockton Shorts Discusses Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

SHMx1oKr.jpeg

"Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB. The Browns will win less games against a tougher schedule.

These observations make me smarter than everyone else. Browns fans are all dumb. I will repeat this 57 more times in this thread, I will just word it differently each time. Because I'm smarter than you."

How dare you not put "Brian Hoyer is a Miller Light in a Champagne League" in there? Its called a "catch-phrase" for a reason.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JoeBanner13

Loss of Mack is huge, teams are now selling out to stop run, see if Browns can beat them with pass. Hoyer better then getting credit so far

@TonyGrossi

"@zimbardi10 i feel everyone yells about the run game. But i think its just teams loading the box to make hoyer beat them.// Bada bing-o.

I'm sorry... Banner saying Mack's loss is huge supports your position how?

And then you cite Grossi "thinks" they're loading the box? Data? I have some to spare...

Well then, if you're paying that much attention and still can't see it, maybe its time to hang it up bud.

The secret is out on the Browns. Stop the run. Thats all you gotta do.

Try as I might, I will never see your mirages...

First, love the new thread title. Kudos to the Mod...

On second thought...

Mods,

May I suggest "StocktonShorts Discusses StocktonShorts."

Respectfully offered for your consideration,

Tour

Well then, if you're paying that much attention and still can't see it, maybe its time to hang it up bud.

The secret is out on the Browns. Stop the run. Thats all you gotta do.

Clearly not.....because the last two teams stopped the Browns from running, and the Browns won. So, go back to the drawing board.

I'm sorry... Banner saying Mack's loss is huge supports your position how?

And then you cite Grossi "thinks" they're loading the box? Data? I have some to spare...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/147127/buccaneers-vs-browns-preview

"The Browns haven’t been able to run the ball effectively the past few games. What’s gone wrong?

McManamon: The easy answer is to say the Browns lost their Pro Bowl center. Without Alex Mack the Browns aren’t even averaging 2 yards a carry the past two games. Clearly that’s a factor. But the bigger factor is that Jacksonville and Oakland dared the Browns to throw by loading the box with a safety to protect against the run. It’s no secret that Kyle Shanahan’s offense is built around the ability to run and play-action, so teams are trying to take the run away and negate play-action."

Maybe its time to reevaluate how you "Box Count" Tour.

Browns can't run because of Brian Hoyer. Teams don't believe in him. 3 Worst teams in the league and almost lost to all 3 and they all ran the same scheme. Three worst teams in the league outscored the Browns 54-51. Browns scored only 1 TD that wasn't off a turnover in 3 games against the worst teams in the league.

The Book is out. Thursday is going to be a loss because of it.

If you think for 1 second that last comment you made is a true statement, then you have to quit talking. Have to. Brian Hoyer isn't even close to Alex Smiths ability and Alex Smith was ousted for Kaepernick and the Niners only got better.

No they didn't. The Niners stayed the same and never returned to the SuperBowl. Road the back of an amazing defense, punishing run game and smart field position. I also believe their passing offense was rated 30th overall in Kaep's first year as a full time starter.

If you can't see a difference, just by talent, if you can not see a difference between Joe Flacco and Eli and Brian Hoyer, then you're drunk in love. You're beyond saving. Everyone loves to rail against the "Manziel Lovers" who don't really exist on this board and you can't see the love affair you all have with Brian Hoyer where you act like hes something he never has been nor never will be. He's not in the same class as Flacco and Eli and he's not in the class behind the class of those two.

I'd put Flacco and Hoyer together. Flacco has a stronger arm, but was upheld by a top 3 defense his entire young career. I took Pittsburgh & the Patriots decline plus a miracle blunder by Rahim Moore to get to the Super Bowl. Also, that team went on the back of some of the best Oline play I've ever seen in the post season coupled with Anquan Boldin going beast mode and snagging everything throw at him and away from him. Is flacco an elite QB? No.

Like I said, I don't blame you people for loving Hoyer. He is a small time nobody getting his shot. You relate to him. He's the extension of you. Someone time will quickly forget ever existed and is completely unremarkable in every way. You see yourself in him. You're comfortable with Hoyer.

Well, fuck you bitch. - from all of us "small time nobody's"

Hoyer will never, ever ever be a Super Bowl winning QB. If you want to say that statement is false, then do so. Put it on paper and don't do this "Oh we don't know" yes we do. We do. Luck will be a Super Bowl winning QB, I know it and you know it. Hoyer will never sniff a Super Bowl. If you disagree with that then say it clearly. Say "I believe Hoyer will win a Super Bowl". If you don't make that statement then you must agree with me.

If my statement is true, that Hoyer will never sniff a Super Bowl, then again what the FUCK are we talking about here? Huh? We have a guy that even his biggest supporters don't think can win a Super Bowl and you want him to be the Franchise QB?

What sense does that make?

What sense goes your post make?! If the guy can't win the SuperBowl then pull him!??

Let me flip that the fuck around. Do you think Manziel will win the Super Bowl? With this same

Roster ? If not, then what's the point of playing him? To see " what you have"...?!?! You know you have

An extremely raw playing with great potential but needs to work on the most basic fundamentals of his craft. So again... What is the point?!?

stockton:

i just don't get the fact that if you were that kid crying in the stadium after the drive and you are a true brown's fan.......then why all the negativity? you know what this team has been thru since '99, you've seen the coaching/FO?QB carousel, you know the one year we made it with anderson was a fluke correct?

so now that we have a guy that, who led the browns to victory over our hated nemesis by a large margin and has us with a chance to win more games than we have in a LOOOOOOOONG time, why you hating on the guy?

sure he might not be a franchise QB in the likes of a rodgers or manning or brady but he's the best we've had in quite some time.

Mik, im 100% convinced that Brian fucked his wife or beat him up when they were young

Girlfriend?? Mom?? My simple ass mind refuses to believe its not one of the three...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/the_browns_accomplishments_sho.html

and

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24781719/monday-musings-49ers-and-chargers-unraveling-pats-and-dolphins-surging

"Brian Hoyer keeps finding a way to win for the Browns, even if it's not always pretty. When he threw an early pick against the Bucs, the camera naturally went to Johnny Manziel. But Hoyer played through it and did some good things in the second half. I still don't think he's the long-term answer for the Browns, but with the team 5-3 he's earned the right to stay in there. I guess."

Glowing.

Hoyer must be fucking a lot of peoples Wives/Girlfriends/Moms if that equates to not thinking he's the guy

"Brian Hoyer keeps finding a way to win for the Browns, even if it's not always pretty. When he threw an early pick against the Bucs, the camera naturally went to Johnny Manziel. But Hoyer played through it and did some good things in the second half. I still don't think he's the long-term answer for the Browns, but with the team 5-3 he's earned the right to stay in there. I guess."

That line in red says it all. And thats what MOST have been saying all along.

The funny thing is YOU posted this, but it completely goes against your whole argument, while supporting most of the others who say you leave Hoyer in. Dupe

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/the_browns_accomplishments_sho.html

and

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24781719/monday-musings-49ers-and-chargers-unraveling-pats-and-dolphins-surging

Glowing.

Hoyer must be fucking a lot of peoples Wives/Girlfriends/Moms if that equates to not thinking he's the guy

Ask me if i really give a flying fuck what pete pissco thinks or what the national perspective is..... The Browns have been bad for a long time, its gonna take a little longer than 8 games for national fuckwads i mean pundits to start buying in. Again man, i thought you were intelligent enough to realize this. All of us simpletons must be starting to rub off on you. Maybe you should take a break from the board for awhile. Ya know, self preservation.....

Browns can't run because of Brian Hoyer. Teams don't believe in him. 3 Worst teams in the league and almost lost to all 3 and they all ran the same scheme. Three worst teams in the league outscored the Browns 54-51. Browns scored only 1 TD that wasn't off a turnover in 3 games against the worst teams in the league.

You know what I heard.....whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins. They add another one to the column under the W and that is still the only stat that truly matters. Maybe I'm just too simple of a person to understand all this other bullshit but to me as long as the team as a bigger number in the W column as opposed to the L column, the team as a whole is doing something right.

Again....I've never claimed to be smarter than everyone though so maybe I'm just too dumb. Although, I think that anyone on a fucking football message board who tries to claim he's smarter than everyone else here is really desperately seeking attention. Based on that picture with the gay backpack and douchebag sunglasses on his head....I'm sure he needs as much attention as he can get.

Which QB, you ask?? Grade or rank these three stat lines...

125 of 205 (60.9%) for 1,628 yards, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, QB Rating of 95.5 Russell Wilson 2013, first 8 games

165 of 276 (59.8%) for 1,990 yards, 10 TDs, 6 INTs, QB Rating of 87.3 Joe Flacco 2012, first 8 games

146 of 252 (57.9%) for 2,014 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, QB Rating of 90.3 Brian Hoyer 2014, first 8 games

Which QB's do you think put these #'s up??

Since nobody responded... I thought I would just point out the fact that these 3 stat lines are not very different. Wilson was the most efficient but clearly threw the least; Hoyer had the lowest comp. pct, but most yards; meanwhile Flacco had the worst stat line of all with 6 INTs...

But, oh yes... Hoyer isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl compared to those two studs...

"McManamon: It’s no secret that Kyle Shanahan’s offense is built around the ability to run and play-action, so teams are trying to take the run away and negate play-action."

Maybe its time to reevaluate how you "Box Count" Tour.

Browns can't run because of Brian Hoyer. Teams don't believe in him. 3 Worst teams in the league and almost lost to all 3 and they all ran the same scheme./[/font][/color]

So teams loading up to counter the strengths of "Kyle Shanahan's offense" is the same as we can't "run because of Brian Hoyer"? Only in your egomaniacal mind...

The Box Count is fine...

Step 1: Imagine a "box".

Step 2: At the snap of every play count the opponent's defenders in the box.

With some practice and dedication, even you might master it by the start of the 2015 season.

But, yes, our last three opponents all ran 4-3's. It's why they tended to have 7 in the box most plays.

Week 9 Oakland

Ttl : 8 - 12; 7 - 22; 6 - 16; 5 or less - 7

When facing 8 we beat it (gain of 4 or more) 4 times; lost (gain of 0 or less) 4 times and tied 4 times. Long gain was 16 off a PAP. It was the only time we threw at an 8-man front. The limited run success we had both came late in the game and was up the middle.

Week 8 JAX

Ttl: 8 - 13; 7 - 25; 6 - 21; 5 or less - 16

Of course for a base D, 7 is the normal count. At times tight WRs gave the appearance of more in the box than there really were. Why did we draw them in? Ask Shanny...

I Don't post much, but 'Mods" is there a way I can just block the F'n Tool bag so I don't have to read his B'S##$T. I actually feel pity for you "Stockton". you probably grew up as 1 of those irrelevant kids no one payed attention to. Got into Dungeons and Dragons, so you can actually say you have a friend (I mean 1). Now you moved onto World of Warcraft, Living in your parents basement, where they probably built a bathroom down there, so they see you less. This is all an attention getter I get it. Your the talk of the blog, I bet you would bitch when you die and they didn't bury you in a new suit. There ya go son, tell me how it is!

I Don't post much, but 'Mods" is there a way I can just block the F'n Tool bag so I don't have to read his B'S##$T.

Click on your screen name at top right of page to produce drop menu.

Lower right of list is "Manage Ignore Prefs"... click.

Copy/ paste name, etc. and you're free....

Archived