THE BROWNS BOARD

predict our final record now

LBC mike

I'd feel a lot better about Panthers if we were playing them in Cleveland. Still, I think they are the most likely win after Houston and Atlanta. Colts are visiting, so that is a plus. You're right, with division matchups I think we can throw records out the window. I think there is a good chance we split with Cincinnati.

It figures the Browns are in the only division with a combined 20 wins among its teams.

A division where, for a few hours yesterday, a 5-3 record was good for last place. Yeah, got to love that.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta wonder...where's the tie?

Just figured we would rest our starters after we clinched home field and Manziel and Flacco would have a 40-40 shooutout in the last game in Baltimore.

Zombo

Just figured we would rest our starters after we clinched home field and Manziel and Flacco would have a 40-40 shooutout in the last game in Baltimore.

Zombo

Seems plausible. Including a pick-6 from Desir?

Seems plausible. Including a pick-6 from Desir?

Exactly. Big day on the ground for Glenn Winston. Cundiff gets injured on a cheapshot by the Ravens at the end of regulation and Lanning misses three field goals in OT and we settle for the tie.

Zombo

Manziel tosses a few TDs to Dray, Gerell Robinson and Rodney Smith, a score from Winston and Desir's pick-6 put us at 37 points (after a failed 2pc) and 'Joe the Toe' Thomas kicks a game tying field goal.

Ok. Here is my breakdown for the rest of the season

Week 10 Cincinnati... As much as it kills me to say this. If I had to bet the life of my children on this game, I have to go with Cincinnati. Our running game has completely dried up and our passing game isn't good enough to change this dynamic going into Cinci.. Hoyer is doing everything he can with what he has, but without a credible run game, it is going to be hard to win this one.

Week 11 Texans.. Texans are an up and coming team and early in the year this was probably a "definite" win, when we were trying to figure out what games we could win.. We are at home and we will have a long "almost" bye week coming off the Thursday night Cinci game.. We win this one.

Week 12 Falcons... JOSH GORDON returns and will hopefully add a new dimension that will change our running game.. Falcons are struggling this year.. We win this game.

Week 13 Bills.. This is in Buffalo and the Bills are playing good football... The big "IF" is how good is Josh Gordon playing and can he cause defenses to have to adjust to his presence? If the answer is yes and our rushing game is working, we win.. If not, it will be a long day.. From what I am hearing, Josh is ready to play and I think he opens up our offense.... We Win(this is a Fanboy prediction :P ) ..

Week 14 Colts .. At Home... Another tough game .. Getting to far out to make any real predictions.. I think we lose this one.

Week 15 Bengals .. At home.. HUGE game.. I think we win this one as we do very good against the Bengals at home.

Week 16 Panthers.. Away game.. WIN

Week 17 Ravens.. Fucking rat birds in an away game.. LOSS

Final Tally 10-6 And a trip to the Playoffs....

BobPound

11-5

Gordon comes back for the Atlanta game. With him, hopefully Hawk, Gabriel, and Benji, and Austin handling the possession catches it'll open up the run game again. I'll leave Cameron out of the equation until his concussion thing blows over. Also we may see Shanny scale back the zone run stuff if this trend continues. I think this team finally understands that if you play tough and minimize mistakes as well as overcome them when you make them you can beat anyone in the NFL.

the NCAA investigates Johnny Manziel for selling autographed gay sexual paraphernalia to Stocktonshorts. reports are confirmed accurate. impose penalties include vacating the Cleveland Browns win against the New Orleans Saints because Johnny Manziel played. a two-year bowl ban. and forfeit two scholarships.

The Browns finish the year 4-12

Stocktonshorts comes out of the closet on an episode of Oprah Winfrey and announce his and michael Sams boyfriends intentions of getting married next fall. Johnny Manziel to be his best man and throw footballs to kids at the reception

16-0.

The league will overturn the three losses.

WSS

Steelers - Brown is retrospectively ejected and the W awarded to the Browns.

Ravens - Whole team is thrown out of the league for the Ray Rice incident.

Jaguars - are demoted to the SEC.

7-9. 8-8 at best.

Losing Mack was a devastating blow.

We're going into the toughest part of our schedule with no running game.

Hoyer has shown beyond doubt that he needs the running game. Without Mack,

the only difference between last years offense is that we have WR's who can

actually catch the ball.

Just went through the schedules and guessed at the outcomes, revising my Browns opinion now.

Steelers 10-6

Browns 9-7

Ravens 9-7

Bengals 8-7-1

So you can expect something wildly different from that come week 17...

Sadly I see the Steelers winning another 5 playing like they are, they have a cushy little run in:

@Jets - W

@Titans - W

Saints - ?

@Bengals - L

@Falcons - W

Chiefs - ?

Bengals - W

Another 4 each for the Bengals (who split their division matches), Browns and Ravens.

Final standings :(:

Steelers - 11-5

Bengals - 9-6-1

Browns - 9-7

Ravens - 9-7

Week 10 Loss: Defense couldn't stop Sanu or Green and Rookie Jeremy Hill is better than Tate or West.

Week 11 Win: Browns defense sacks the bearded quarterback 3 times and intercept him twice. Josh Gordon scores two TDs and Isiah Crowell runs for another.

Week 12 Win: They're playing Atlanta

Week 13 Loss: Fred Jackson returns and runs for 94 yards and two TDs while Sammy (should have been a Brown) Watkins scores twice off an older than dirt back up QB.

Week 14 Loss: Andrew Luck and Company are just too good for a back up QB and a bunch of misfit receivers. Justin Gilbert gets burned all night and it's a massacre.

Week 15 Win: Browns get revenge at home against the team with the ugliest uniforms in the HISTORY of sports.

Week 16 Win: Browns defense harasses Cam Newton all day and Carolina's running game is pitiful. Talk about old running backs, these guys were playing when Cam was still in diapers.

Week 17 Win: We should have beaten Baltimore the first time.

Final record: 10-6

Week 10 Loss: Defense couldn't stop Sanu or Green and Rookie Jeremy Hill is better than Tate or West.

Week 11 Win: Browns defense sacks the bearded quarterback 3 times and intercept him twice. Josh Gordon scores two TDs and Isiah Crowell runs for another.

Week 12 Win: They're playing Atlanta

Week 13 Loss: Fred Jackson returns and runs for 94 yards and two TDs while Sammy (should have been a Brown) Watkins scores twice off an older than dirt back up QB.

Week 14 Loss: Andrew Luck and Company are just too good for a back up QB and a bunch of misfit receivers. Justin Gilbert gets burned all night and it's a massacre.

Week 15 Win: Browns get revenge at home against the team with the ugliest uniforms in the HISTORY of sports.

Week 16 Win: Browns defense harasses Cam Newton all day and Carolina's running game is pitiful. Talk about old running backs, these guys were playing when Cam was still in diapers.

Week 17 Win: We should have beaten Baltimore the first time.

Final record: 10-6

While I don't necessarily disagree we will lose to the Colts your commentary is off. A) Hoyer is a starting QB whether you like that fact or not and he wins football games B) our "misfit" receivers can catch the football AND we have Gordon back for that game. I take it you are a JFF lover

Can't believe it, but I think I just picked us to finish like 10-6 or 11-5 over in Gip's "Schedule Game" thread...

Feeling a little light-headed right now...

Archived