THE BROWNS BOARD

On to Natty

gumby73

There is no way they can cover all our WR's. Our OL give's Hoyer time, it's 3TD's and a long time coming for Hoyer.Cinncy can run block but if we force them to pass,we can get to Dalton and that's where Andy Sucks. Hope for no Bernard, STOP the run and Go Browns!!

Actually the bengals strength is their secondary. So they can and will cover our receivers.

Our Oline doesn't give Hoyer much time.

Cincy can run block and we can't stop the run,

Good luck forcing the pass.

Dalton has had a pretty good season with questionable protection and missing his top 3 playmakers.

Stop huffing glue.

Actually the bengals strength is their secondary. So they can and will cover our receivers.

Dalton has had a pretty good season with questionable protection and missing his top 3 playmakers.

Stop huffing glue.

Yes, but it's a national TV game. That's when I'm most confident about beating the bungles.

Sounds like we're the trap team for first time in a while...

I was sooooo impressed with this Browns team after 5 games. But in the last 3, despite a 2-1 record, I don't know what to think. They played ugly against 3 lousy teams and the running game has disappeared. Yes, we're without 3 pro bowlers today, so maybe that's why. But I think Thursday's game will tell us a lot about the character and talent on this team. Go Browns!

Something I like about Pettine's prep for this game :

Coach Mike Pettine scheduled his team’s one full practice for Tuesday night, 7:15 to 9:15, to get their bodies better acclimated to the night-time game. The Browns will have a morning walk-through on Wednesday morning and depart for Cincinnati that afternoon.

. . . . and about that :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 2h 2 hours ago #Browns will practice Tuesday night at 7:15pm. First time I can recall a night practice under the myriad of coaches.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=39431

Yes, but it's a national TV game. That's when I'm most confident about beating the bungles.

Browns benglas game is always bizarre. Expect this one to be even more with a short week.

National games are always weird. Lots of blow outs and strangeness to go around.

I took the liberty of looking up our overall records on Monday and Thurday. VERY happy to say that CINN is the third worst ALL TIME for mon and thurs night games at 333%, while the Browns are a better at 517% on Mon and 410% on Thurs.

In re to recent games, last year the Browns beat Buff on thurs, while the bungles lost to Miami. They also played one national "sunday night" game this year aand got creamed 43-17 by the Pats.

So, hoping the Browns show up big for the bright lights, while the Bungles blow it like they normally do.

The Browns are going to have to learn how to stop the run in a hurry. The Bungles have Bernard and Hill just scored 28.00 points for my fantasy teams. Also they're going to have to figure out how to get Tate, West and Crowell more involved. They definitely do not look good now that Alex Mack is out and Hoyer is no Tom Brady no matter what the rose colored glasses think.

National games are always weird. Lots of blow outs and strangeness to go around.

I took the liberty of looking up our overall records on Monday and Thurday. VERY happy to say that CINN is the third worst ALL TIME for mon and thurs night games at 333%, while the Browns are a better at 517% on Mon and 410% on Thurs.

In re to recent games, last year the Browns beat Buff on thurs, while the bungles lost to Miami. They also played one national "sunday night" game this year aand got creamed 43-17 by the Pats.

So, hoping the Browns show up big for the bright lights, while the Bungles blow it like they normally do.

Bad news is, we've lost the last 17 Divisional road games, plus Cincy is like 14-1 at home recently.

This game comes down to mental preparation. I believe our coaching staff has pushed mental toughness all season which should be to our benefit. We NEED to have Hawkins out there, so the DNP is a little worrisome.

Hoyer is a very "mentally sharp" QB, so I believe the advantage at that position goes in our favor. Overall talent, it's pretty close, but missing Taylor, Mack, Gordon, and Cameron might push the edge to Cincy. So, neither team will be fully prepared physically due to the short week, so instead of the game coming down to talent, it's going to come down to the team who is more focused and is better prepared mentally...

Who wants it more?? I think we can win another ugly one... Hoyer and co. will shine under the bright lights...

Man... that's a lot of percents... ;)

Hoyer is a very "mentally sharp" QB, so I believe the advantage at that position goes in our favor. Overall talent, it's pretty close, but missing Taylor, Mack, Gordon, and Cameron might push the edge to Cincy.

Who wants it more?? I think we can win another ugly one... Hoyer and co. will shine under the bright lights...

Staunch D and no turnovers... same recipe as last year.

Game Manager Brian vs. the great red unibrow... need to bait their ginger... and hit him early an often.

While I hate the Mack injury (shocker I know), it's not as if CIN is whole...

Sean Porter Injured Reserve knee is on injured reserve

Marvin Jones Injured Reserve foot is on injured reserve

Tyler Eifert Injured Reserve elbow is on injured reserve/designated for return

J.K. Schaffer Injured Reserve concussion is on injured reserve

Trey Hopkins Injured Reserve fibula is on injured reserve

Alex Smith Injured Reserve biceps is on injured reserve

A.J. McCarron Out shoulder is on the non-football injury list

Vontaze Burfict Out knee is expected to miss 2-3 weeks

Darqueze Dennard Out hamstring was inactive for Sunday's game against Jacksonville

Giovani Bernard Out hip/clavicle was inactive for Sunday's game against Jacksonville

Kevin Zeitler Questionable calf is questionable for Thursday's game against Cleveland

Rey Maualuga Questionable hamstring is questionable for Thursday's game against Cleveland

Andre Smith Questionable ankle is questionable for Thursday's game against Cleveland

This game is the reality check for the Browns. It's been ugly but we got through the easy part of the schedule with the winning record. The Bengals are a good football team all around unlike the past three weeks. I have a real uneasy feeling on how we're gonna look but that's why it's settled on the field instead of on paper.

I have a real uneasy feeling on how we're gonna look but that's why it's settled on the field instead of on paper.

I have been uneasy before every game this year except JAX and TB... loss and narrow win. I'm starting to like "uneasy".

I'd feel better about our chances if we weren't so decimated on both sides of the line.

I'd feel better not being so on one side. Somehow or another, we have to muster a run game.

Sorry, can't see us winning this one :(

Have you tried squinting really hard?

Sorry, can't see us winning this one :(

I know we *can*, it's certainly possible, but I've just got a feeling they're going to run all over us, even with Haden locking down Green.

We got this...it's in the bag. We should've beaten them last year in Cincy. We were up like 14-0 early but then unfortunately our offense needed to play and Weedampbell happened and that ended that.

Archived