THE BROWNS BOARD

Sore Losers

Nuckin Futz

Only Mike Tomlin can make Rex Ryan look like the better coach. Next, he'll probably try to trip up an opposing player running down the sideline....Oh, wait.

Only Mike Tomlin can make Rex Ryan look like the better coach. Next, he'll probably try to trip up an opposing player running down the sideline....Oh, wait.

At least when Tomlin did it he got an advantage. Marvin Lewis tried it and just fucked his own team over.

Other, uncropped gifs (unable to copy) have shown it better, but I love Ryan Clark's (?), "C'mon Man" reaction at right edge of the shot...

steelerswat.0.gif

... not as much as I loved Mangold's reaction tho... lol...

I 100% support not giving up. They were still only down 1 score. Twice in the nfl in my memory has a team fumbled in a called knee down and lost. He had a good jump on the snap and very well could have disrupted the play. Who knows. If they were down 20 then yea dick move, but...

I would not have noticed that. Guess that was an unplanned thing?

Probably an impromptu homage to Troy P.

Can almost hear "This is for you TROOOOOOoooo... HEY!*THUD*"

I 100% support not giving up. They were still only down 1 score. Twice in the nfl in my memory has a team fumbled in a called knee down and lost. He had a good jump on the snap and very well could have disrupted the play. Who knows. If they were down 20 then yea dick move, but...

I kind of agree. 57 seconds left. A team should not give up. If he hit Vick just right he may have cause a fumble before Vick could take a knee. A wholely unlikely situation, but if there were any kind of a chance, you would still want to try something like this.

Even if its like one in a million.

I know, its a cliche moment, but it works here.

Problem is the play is over before he even leaves the ground.... Had the center not hit him, he probably would have went helmet to helmet with the QB who was giving himself up on the play and it would have been a late hit fine. Dumb move.

So if Whitner or another one of our guys went airborne on a kneel down...

Y'all think we'd be getting some bad mugging from ESPN and/or the national press? I sure do. If Mike Mitchell was a Brown they'd be talking about that play for the whole week. Fucking bullshit. The Jets O line should have stomped on Mitchells head for that play. I really wouldn't be terribly sad for Mitchell if one of em had grabbed him the air and slammed him on his head breaking his neck.

Archived