THE BROWNS BOARD

All of us Hoyer backers should admit one thing...

Clevfan4life

You still did not address anything I posted..

Im asking you why you automatically expect Johnny to be bad.. instead of good...

I mean.. he was our first round draft pick that we traded up to get..

He had all the proper metrics in college that you look for.. for a QB with NFL potential..

I really dont understand why you automatically assume the worst instead of the best..

maybe no one wants to answer you because you're a dolt.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are you addressing? I have seen no assumptions.

Johnny could be better for this team, he could not be. That's all we know (nothing) only NFL experience we've seen from johnny is pre season. Nobody is assuming he's going to be bad or good, he's an unknown.

But Hoyer is a known and he is not very good, no matter how much you tell me about the 7-4 record. Maybe Johnny would be 0-11 but maybe he would be 7-4 with the added ability to make something out of nothing, whether it's a broken play or the team is playing awful. And I know you wouldn't care about this but the excitement he brings is really something, that we can all agree. You all watched Texas A&M play simply because of him, just imagine watching your Browns play with him. I get 100% what you are saying and maybe putting Johnny in now is way to risky, but Hoyer isn't magically going to get more accurate. If we want to win in the playoffs I believe we need to make a change.

But Hoyer is a known and he is not very good, no matter how much you tell me about the 7-4 record. Maybe Johnny would be 0-11 but maybe he would be 7-4 with the added ability to make something out of nothing, whether it's a broken play or the team is playing awful. And I know you wouldn't care about this but the excitement he brings is really something, that we can all agree. You all watched Texas A&M play simply because of him, just imagine watching your Browns play with him. I get 100% what you are saying and maybe putting Johnny in now is way to risky, but Hoyer isn't magically going to get more accurate. If we want to win in the playoffs I believe we need to make a change.

alright. now i can definitely write you off as another JF fag.

please STFU. we've heard this shit since june.

alright. now i can definitely write you off as another JF fag.

please STFU. we've heard this shit since june.

I've said all I need to say and gave my opinion. We will see what happens the rest of the way. If we win the Super Bowl, fantastic!!! If we miss the playoffs there is always next year, which I'm sure you are all used to saying anyway.

I've said all I need to say and gave my opinion. We will see what happens the rest of the way. If we win the Super Bowl, fantastic!!! If we miss the playoffs there is always next year, which I'm sure you are all used to saying anyway.

I almost hope we trade Manziel just because you'll be part of the package.

Enough already. Good gravy. Manziel's time isn't now. Too much to learn too fast.

He doesn't have an entire cast of all-pros with him on offense, and he doesn't play

in a system that has been in place for years.

It's Hoyer, dammit.

" If people would have seen me my first year at A&M they would’ve said no way this kid could get to where I’m at today. People don’t understand that my first year-and-a-half at A&M I was terrible."

It's real simple guys. JFF will sit until next year! No matter how bad this hurts the fanboys it's true. This is Hoyers time and if he leads us to the playoffs I'd consider getting rid of the distraction that is Johnny Manziel. As a Browns fan thru the best and worst times going back a few decades I want a win now team and right now we have that. Despite some bad throws by Hoyer every week, he shines when it's clutch time. Hoyer at this point is not only deserving but proven he is worthy. He is Mr Clutch when the game is on the line. In this league, the QB has to have a short memory after a bad series or 3 and perform when the game is on the line. Hoyer is a badazz when the pressure is on. No wonder we are competing for a division championship. I got your back Brian, and so do many Browns fans. As for the fanboys? Meh

If we win the Super Bowl, fantastic!!! If we miss the playoffs there is always next year, which I'm sure you are all used to saying anyway.

see you gave yourself away.

we miss the playoffs?

you are not even a brown's fan so go shit in a hat.

Nice jab, chief. I'll remember that. Along with your pillars of paragraphs on Johnny Love. I hope he lights it up for us as much as you do.

However I also don't think its johnny time with the browns at 7-4. Hoyer would need to fuck up and lose in order for a switch to be put in place. Manziel is still a rookie after all and the jury is still very much out on whether or not his game is really going to translate to the NFL level. I think you see hoyer until he goes full on melt down mode. As far as the future is concerned he doesn't have the physical tools to be a franchise type qb but I also don't believe the browns think he's that in the first place. If they did manziel would not have been drafted in the first round.

There was also his injury bro to consider. I mean some valid points, but an acl we needed a backup plan.

Throwing a rookie in for week 12 would not be a wise decision during a playoff run, even if that rookie was Andrew Luck. Would really piss off the vets that have worked their asses off this year. We don't know what Johnny can do, but now is not the time to experiment.

maybe no one wants to answer you because you're a dolt.

You see.. this is why this place is just ignorant. Animals throwing crap.

I was asking legitimate questiones mainly aimed at Gip.

He is looking at everything Johnny from a glass half empty perspective instead of a glass half full perspective.. even after he admitted it could go either way.

So I was asking what were the reasons behind his glass half empty perspective.

Especially since he is our first round draft pick we TRADED UP to get?

Wouldnt we WANT him to be everything he showed he could be?

Wouldnt we be inclined to see the glass half full?

You see.. this is why this place is just ignorant. Animals throwing crap.

I was asking legitimate questiones mainly aimed at Gip.

He is looking at everything Johnny from a glass half empty perspective instead of a glass half full perspective.. even after he admitted it could go either way.

So I was asking what were the reasons behind his glass half empty perspective.

Especially since he is our first round draft pick we TRADED UP to get?

Wouldnt we WANT him to be everything he showed he could be?

Wouldnt we be inclined to see the glass half full?

yes of course. but the fact that we are winning with hoyer might not allow manziel to see the field this year. are you alright with that?

and what happens if the browns choose to sign hoyer, go into training camp and he still beats out manziel, you're alright with that as well? if so, fine. but most manziel fans won't be and maybe manziel won't be as well.

then what? and i don't want you just to answer but every other 'put manziel in' fan. because if it ain't broke then why fix it?

Im asking you why you automatically expect Johnny to be bad.. instead of good...

He had all the proper metrics in college that you look for.. for a QB with NFL potential..

I really dont understand why you automatically assume the worst instead of the best..

1) I saw enough in preseason to know that Johnny's at least a year away.

2) That being said, I don't know shit...they people that really know shit are the coaches. They're the ones who watch him every week taking snaps against 1st and 2nd team defense's. You can be sure he's making enough mistakes in practice for the coaches to be saying we need to stay with Hoyer this year.

How do we know Johnny wouldnt have had a rookie season like Griffin? Luck? Wilson? or Newton?

They were all rookies and had huge rookie seasons.

What is stopping Johnny from putting up a rookie season like that?

How is it a "pipe dream" if it has happened 4 times in the last few years?

B already answered that- I know you're visiting from the other board, I know your stance, so I'll try to be civil. Luck is a once in a decade talent like Elway and Manning. Nuff said there. Wilson had the benefit of the best defense since the Super Bowl Ravens to bail him out. RG Knee and Newton are starting to look like one year flash in the pans- hey Derek Anderson had one great year too, no? Washington's trade for Griffin will go down as one of the 3 worst in NFL history- and you can take that to the bank. BTW, Griffin and Manziel do share a trait- lack of accountability for their actions.

You ever see that guys jersey with the 21 Browns qbs since 1999 on the back? Yeah, we traded up to get Quinn too- so tell me how that worked out. So excuse me if I'll believe Manziel is the real deal when I see it.

You may believe putting Manziel in now is a good idea- I say that's nuts. You know who else wans't very good and won a Super Bowl? Trent Dilfer- his career stats mirror Hoyer's. Doug Williams wasn't very good either. Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler. I'm going to save myself some time typing and let you peruse the list of lousy quarterbacks that just happened to be good enough to play in a Super Bowl.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.aspx?release_id=97 You've just joined the Fan Boy Club with that statement. You want to share some Manziel love there's another Forum out there that will welcome you with open arms- PM Playground Legend or me, and we'll point you in the right direction.

Throwing a rookie in for week 12 would not be a wise decision during a playoff run, even if that rookie was Andrew Luck. Would really piss off the vets that have worked their asses off this year. We don't know what Johnny can do, but now is not the time to experiment.

Exactly Joe Thomas and the rest of the team are behind Hoyer- they see JFF every day in practice hmmm.

see you gave yourself away.

we miss the playoffs?

you are not even a brown's fan so go shit in a hat.

Yes we miss the playoffs. I am a Browns fan like it or not. I like it when the team wins, even with Hoyer as quarterback. I would rather be a JM Fag then a Browns fan so desperate for a winning season they are too afraid to change anything.

B already answered that- I know you're visiting from the other board, I know your stance, so I'll try to be civil. Luck is a once in a decade talent like Elway and Manning. Nuff said there. Wilson had the benefit of the best defense since the Super Bowl Ravens to bail him out. RG Knee and Newton are starting to look like one year flash in the pans- hey Derek Anderson had one great year too, no? Washington's trade for Griffin will go down as one of the 3 worst in NFL history- and you can take that to the bank. BTW, Griffin and Manziel do share a trait- lack of accountability for their actions.

You ever see that guys jersey with the 21 Browns qbs since 1999 on the back? Yeah, we traded up to get Quinn too- so tell me how that worked out. So excuse me if I'll believe Manziel is the real deal when I see it.

You may believe putting Manziel in now is a good idea- I say that's nuts. You know who else wans't very good and won a Super Bowl? Trent Dilfer- his career stats mirror Hoyer's. Doug Williams wasn't very good either. Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler. I'm going to save myself some time typing and let you peruse the list of lousy quarterbacks that just happened to be good enough to play in a Super Bowl.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.aspx?release_id=97 You've just joined the Fan Boy Club with that statement.

Exactly Joe Thomas and the rest of the team are behind Hoyer- they see JFF every day in practice hmmm.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I'm sure Thomas would be behind Manziel if Hoyer got hurt.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.aspx?release_id=97 You've just joined the Fan Boy Club with that statement. You want to share some Manziel love there's another Forum out there that will welcome you with open arms- PM Playground Legend or me, and we'll point you in the right direction.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Just because they are behind Hoyer doesn't mean they wouldn't be behind Manziel if Hoyer got injured. The fact is Manziel doesn't get the reps in practice that Hoyer gets and no matter how shitty Hoyer plays in practice and/or how good Manziel plays in practice you can't bench a qb 11 games into a playoff run season.

I would rather be a JM Fag then a Browns fan so desperate for a winning season they are too afraid to change anything.

Jesus christ monkey balls that is moronic on so many levels. Everything you have said thus far is negated by the pure stupidity oozing from that comment. You obviously have very little knowledge of football. Why on earth would a 7-4 team, that just won, and is in the midst of a playoff run, bench their starter for a rookie? Fuck.

Fear? It has nothing to do with fear, it's common sense.

Also, hell yea I'm desperate for a winning season. Try putting your heart and soul into supporting a team that sucks massive donkey balls for 15 years straight and then tell me you aren't desperate for a winning season. I'm loving the shit out of this year and it is fun as hell to have a relevant winning team. So let's throw that down the drain to see what our rookie qb might be able to do, great plan.

I hope JF turns out to be everything you believe he is, but let's give the guy some time, it can only do him good.

Yes we miss the playoffs. I am a Browns fan like it or not. I like it when the team wins, even with Hoyer as quarterback. I would rather be a JM Fag then a Browns fan so desperate for a winning season they are too afraid to change anything.

Hello...? We have a winning season. Seems like tossing in JM would have been the desperation move.

You're a journeyman Manziel knob slobber who is idiotic, inconsiderate, and delusional. Maybe you build statues of Manziel down in college station because of how amazing he is, but up in Cleveland he isn't even worth printing on toilet paper yet.

Everything you say is entirely biased for Manziel, looking for his best interests - not the Browns best interests. If johnny leaves you would never be back here.

Sorry buddy, there's some respectable Aggie fans on here, you're not one of them.

I get 100% what you are saying and maybe putting Johnny in now is way to risky, but Hoyer isn't magically going to get more accurate. If we want to win in the playoffs I believe we need to make a change.

I don't root for my teams to win games just to win games. If it is obvious the team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs I don't get much joy in winning.

I'm tired of hearing about winning. Tebow won 11 games a couple a years ago pulling rabbits out of hats at the end of games.

I am a new Browns fan because of Johnny but I do want them to do well. Do you honestly feel good about Hoyer going into the playoffs if we make it there to begin with?

Sorry, I just felt like compiling some of your idiocy into 1 post.

Texas BS

It would be stupid to yank Hoyer's leadership out from under

this offense.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1104136-cleveland-browns-rumors-news-johnny-manziel-brian-hoyer-mike-pettine/

Guys... not every intervention works...

Time to let Kevin go.

We tried...

Of course if you buy into the fact that Brian Hoyer is the hardest working player on the team it's a little disappointing since this is the best you can expect. And we will need better to go to the next level in my opinion. I was kind of hoping he had a little upside left, weren't you guys?

People said that Colt McCoy and Charlie Frye worked hard. And you guys hate them.(not to mention Tim Tebow)

Not seeing Hoyer's best lately... not even sure we have seen it this year. Atop any knee hang over he had a footwork issue emerge. I suspect a reason, but don't for sure. Get it right and Hoyer's best will return. Stay tuned...

Frye clearly did not have a head for the game. Tebow did not have the talent.

McCoy... I honestly believe he has just, finally recovered from his bowl game nerve damage.

Guys... not every intervention works...

Time to let Kevin go.

We tried...

Not seeing Hoyer's best lately... not even sure we have seen it this year. Atop any knee hang over he had a footwork issue emerge. I suspect a reason, but don't for sure. Get it right and Hoyer's best will return. Stay tuned...

Frye clearly did not have a head for the game. Tebow did not have the talent.

McCoy... I honestly believe he has just, finally recovered from his bowl game nerve damage.

But, and I hope you realize I'm kind of being the devil's advocate here, what has Brian Hoyer shown anyone in the last years that any of those other quarterbacks didn't show? Yes this season he has been the quarterback of a winning team but not because of any of his own heroics. Yes nice series of downs last week but as we should recall a terrible series a few weeks ago to lose the game. I'm just saying how long does a quarterback get before you are sure he doesn't have the head or the talent for the job?

WSS

But, and I hope you realize I'm kind of being the devil's advocate here, what has Brian Hoyer shown anyone in the last years that any of those other quarterbacks didn't show? Yes this season he has been the quarterback of a winning team but not because of any of his own heroics. Yes nice series of downs last week but as we should recall a terrible series a few weeks ago to lose the game. I'm just saying how long does a quarterback get before you are sure he doesn't have the head or the talent for the job?

WSS

I would debate that, his heroics led the team to that comeback win over Tenn. Also, he did heroically bring us back against the steelers, although we didn't win that one. He does have intangibles that can't be taught. He seems to be s great leader, he is calm under pressure and even when most qbs would try and force things he usually doesn't. He also seems to have a calming influence on the team.

Dunno if those things can make up for his consistently bad accuracy issues though.

If Hoyer can stop throwing off balance, he'll be fine.

He's smart as all get out, he can see that, we'll see

if he can change all that for the better vs buffalo.

Devil's Advocate? Really? I'd never do something like that... :)

First, agree with the underlined completely. Moreover I think that is exactly the QB Pettine wants... non-heroic. A QB that will not cost us a win. I am not sure what "few games ago" game you reference. Both games in which Hoyer has played badly enough to cost us a win ('13 Vikes and '14 ATL), he salvaged with game-winning drives.

Aside: How many "hero" QBs are playing today?

As for length of a QB evaluation... I don't think there's a set answer, but I think in general it takes longer for fans to recognize the presence, or absence, of head talent. Especially when the lack of head talent is masked by physical skill...

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Just because they are behind Hoyer doesn't mean they wouldn't be behind Manziel if Hoyer got injured. The fact is Manziel doesn't get the reps in practice that Hoyer gets and no matter how shitty Hoyer plays in practice and/or how good Manziel plays in practice you can't bench a qb 11 games into a playoff run season.

Of course Joe and the rest of the team would rally around Manziel- just like the D will rally around Leonard, now that Gipson is out.

You've made my points for me- the glaring reasons why the Manzelots are smoking something if they think tossing JFF out there now is a good idea just because Hoyer has played poorly in the last couple of games.

Well we're playing Buffalo this week right? That's the #4 defense in the nation I believe...it's gonna be a test, especially on that O line. It might even be more of one than Houston was cause it was Clowneys 1st game back and he really isn't in the swing of things. Mario Williams and Marcell Dareus are absolutely in the swing of things...got like 20 sacks between em this year. They need to run the ball 30 times to calm those fuckers down. Hoyer could have a bad game that isn't necessarily his fault.

Honestly though..

what is the level of bad Hoyer would have to play in order for you guys to agree he should be pulled for Johnny.

In all seriousness.. in your honest opinons, what would Hoyer have to do in order for you to approve a change to JFF

My serious and honest opinion is that he would have to get beat out next year to be pulled for Johnny(as the regular starter).

I dont see any acceptable reason to change QB's in the middle of a playoff race. Continuity is everything.

Honestly though..

what is the level of bad Hoyer would have to play in order for you guys to agree he should be pulled for Johnny.

In all seriousness.. in your honest opinons, what would Hoyer have to do in order for you to approve a change to JFF

He'd have to stop winning really. If he played like he has lately before the bye and we were 1-2 I wouldn't be surprised if he got pulled then. But at 7-4 right in the thick of it, team is behind him, coaches still behind him you don't make the move.

Archived