THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer to the press

Comeonman

I said this in the Thank You Hoyer thread:

The one thing I don't like is some of the quotes I'm hearing out of Brian today. He seems to be lobbying his case to the media, and that makes me wonder what he is saying to his teammates. That would get real old, real quick to me.

I didn't catch - any chance someone could summarize any specific quotes? I like Brian, would hate to see him leave on bad terms. Home town kid

He said that "7-5 doesn't happen by accident", and "he's 10-5 as the Browns starter, let's not forget that".

My gut says Pet made the switch to Johnny and notified both players today, and that's the reason for Brian's attitude. Just my gut, but I believe it's done.

''You don't get to 7-5 in the NFL just lucking into it, it's been a lot of hard work, and I think I've proven that I've gotten us to this point." - Brian Hoyer

He sounds like he's lobbying for himself.

I don't mind that he's confident, but I think he's taken it a little over the line. "Everyone needs to be better, including me" isn't as accurate as "Everyone needs to be better, but ESPECIALLY me and I'm going to do whatever I can to get to where I need to be." Teams can put up decent records in spite of their QB just as well as because of him. I've supported Hoyer all season, but his performance since the Cinci game has NOT been brag-worthy and was NOT the reason the Browns beat the Falcons. Before that game he was spotty too, but it was easier to overlook due to his record and interception/touchdown ratio.

I can understand the reasoning behind putting him in on Sunday... But Hoyer should be humble, not brash about his performance. If he truly was the QB the Browns needed him to be, we wouldn't be having this conversation with four games remaining in the season.

Wow....so humble all season.....shared the blame and the rewards equally.....

The one thing I will say is that the only argument defending Hoyer(all season), has been his W-L record....people would point out that he wasn't playing well and the response was always "scoreboard".....but no one could(or would) defend the poor play....

And now that he has lost his job, he is saying the same thing.....scoreboard. Obviously he cant argue thats he's playing well. Can't use stats to back up his play. So, he claims responsibility for the wins....

And, there goes Mr. Humble.....wonder how the other players feel now that BH has said he's the reason for winning....

That's what he said? Really? Let's ship him to MN now...

during the offseason one of the things I want vetted is whether Hoyer and/or his agent really made that contract stip about Johnny

... and if you find out it was Manziel's camp that generated the story?

That's what he said? Really? Let's ship him to MN now...

That was my take, at least.....I heard him say 7-4 was no accident, in reference to his being pulled......so, to me, that is claiming responsibility for that record, as opposed to allowing for team wins......

What I didn't hear was him pulling a Ben Tate and claiming to be the best QB on the team.....didn't hear him claim to be playing well either......

just heard him reference the record.....(twice)

And, if we decide to go with JM as starter, I think we will have to ship him off to somewhere(or let him go, basically)......because, I do believe he said he wouldn't sign as a back up and would not be happy or a good productive player in that role...

He shouldn't be pleading his case to the media. To the coaches, sure. To the media is he should be saying, "It's the coaches decision."

Bingo

He shouldn't be pleading his case to the media. To the coaches, sure. To the media is he should be saying, "It's the coaches decision."

He did.

Listen to what he said around 1:40 of the interview.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Brian-Hoyer-We-All-Have-To-Play-Better/666207ad-1218-404a-aec3-10595ad3b4de

I like Hoyer, but his quotes don't look good. He threw Gordon under the bus a little, too, telling the media josh ran the wrong route.

Josh Gordon admitted he ran the wrong route and apologized.

" Probably because it was blatantly obvious to people who know football that it wasn't Hoyer's fault.

I would guess that he brought it up just to mention that Gordon was sorry he screwed up."

Yes, and everybody that needs to know Gordon screwed up already knows that. There's no reason to state that to the world in a press conference. Teammates don't like it.

" Probably because it was blatantly obvious to people who know football that it wasn't Hoyer's fault.

I would guess that he brought it up just to mention that Gordon was sorry he screwed up."

Yes, and everybody that needs to know Gordon screwed up already knows that. There's no reason to state that to the world in a press conference. Teammates don't like it.

Teammates don't like a lot of things they really don't care about. Idk why people are blowing this up and trying to villanize Brian.

He's pissed, he wants the job, I see nothing wrong with what he's saying.

Teammates don't like a lot of things they really don't care about. Idk why people are blowing this up and trying to villanize Brian.

He's pissed, he wants the job, I see nothing wrong with what he's saying.

We're trying to explain this to a Manzealot, I give up.

Yes, point out that I'm a Johnny fan and that makes whatever you say correct.

I didn't start this thread and I wasn't the first to point out that Hoyer came off bad in the press conference. AND HE DID.

I guarantee Pettine doesn't like all that shit about "we're 7-5 because of me..." Holy shit, you lost to Jacksonville, Houston and Buffalo!!! Or I guess THOSE were your teammates' fault.

But hey, keep defending Hoyer solely because the team is winning while his play is mediocre to bad. You sound exactly like Denver did when they had Tebow. Geniuses.

Yes, point out that I'm a Johnny fan and that makes whatever you say correct.

I didn't start this thread and I wasn't the first to point out that Hoyer came off bad in the press conference. AND HE DID.

I guarantee Pettine doesn't like all that shit about "we're 7-5 because of me..." Holy shit, you lost to Jacksonville, Houston and Buffalo!!! Or I guess THOSE were your teammates' fault.

But hey, keep defending Hoyer solely because the team is winning while his play is mediocre to bad. You sound exactly like Denver did when they had Tebow. Geniuses.

You're an idiot. My choice is to bench Hoyer this week, I don't think anything he said is worth turning him into a villain.

Also I'm behind whoever they browns put there, whereas you are not.

Archived