THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer to the press

Comeonman

Yeah, I dont think he really "brought it up", per se......it's more like he was asked "what happened on that play?".....so whats he supposed to say?

I guess he had 3 choices....could have just said miscommunication....missed throw.....missed route....he chose to point it to JG...

Im not trying to villianize him.....but I also can't keep defending his bad play, which is what Ive done all year...

And Im trying to be objective with him across the board, as he has been a professional and class act all along.....but....everything was in his favor all along too....

But, now that the chips are down and JFF is in the picture again, he should do what he's preached all season and cede the decision to the Coaches and not argue it in the press. Thats all.

Just say.... "I haven't played well....it's a coaches decision....I'll do whatever they want.....WE just want to win".....and leave the rest for us, the press and the coaches to argue.....

Im with whoever starts too....and right now feel like JFF deserves a chance....and, just like JFF sat back and let Hoyer have his chance, Hoyer should do the same without arguing it in the press....

Yes, point out that I'm a Johnny fan and that makes whatever you say correct.

I didn't start this thread and I wasn't the first to point out that Hoyer came off bad in the press conference. AND HE DID.

I guarantee Pettine doesn't like all that shit about "we're 7-5 because of me..." Holy shit, you lost to Jacksonville, Houston and Buffalo!!! Or I guess THOSE were your teammates' fault.

But hey, keep defending Hoyer solely because the team is winning while his play is mediocre to bad. You sound exactly like Denver did when they had Tebow. Geniuses.

Hoyer didn't come off bad. You're just a homo for Johnny.

Zombo

This is the first time I've criticized Hoyer, but his press conference was bad. As mudfly said,

" But, now that the chips are down and JFF is in the picture again, he should do what he's preached all season and cede the decision to the Coaches and not argue it in the press. Thats all."

Yes, he wants to keep his job, yes he's upset he got pulled, but what he did in the PC was unprofessional. I don't think I've heard any other qb do this this year. He hasn't had this experience before, so he can be cut some slack, but he should and probably will learn from this, and do better next time.

I think he was a bit baited into some of what he said. The only thing that had me a little upset with him was turning his back on the field when JF scored. At least that is what they showed on NFL network. I was hoping the shot was out of context, but that is how it was presented.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Brian-Hoyer-We-All-Have-To-Play-Better/666207ad-1218-404a-aec3-10595ad3b4de

He said absolutely nothing wrong or inappropriate.

You Texas guys are just flaming homos.

I'm embarrassed that our QB has such gay fans, can't you rewatch a Cowboys game, or Brokeback Mountain or something?

Zombo

" Probably because it was blatantly obvious to people who know football that it wasn't Hoyer's fault.

I would guess that he brought it up just to mention that Gordon was sorry he screwed up."

Yes, and everybody that needs to know Gordon screwed up already knows that. There's no reason to state that to the world in a press conference. Teammates don't like it.

Not only did Gordon screw up, he did absolutely nothing after the interception.

I think he owes every Browns fan an apology.

Yes, he wants to keep his job, yes he's upset he got pulled, but what he did in the PC was unprofessional. I don't think I've heard any other qb do this this year. He hasn't had this experience before, so he can be cut some slack, but he should and probably will learn from this, and do better next time.

You obviously missed the RGIII presser from a couple weeks ago.

Just a matter of folks hearing what they want to hear... what they are inclined to hear.

If they are even bothering to listen to the vids.

BTW, I haven't clicked on the "Should Johnny Start" thread with 336 replies yet. Is it all gay in there? Kind of afraid to enter that room.

As Mark O said... not that bad.

Our resident, old Ag is trying to keep the convo and the Zealots in touch with reality.

I didn't watch, but cool....he is still a former Browns QB. Nothing stopping that.

Hoyers reaction is perfectly normal. While I currently believe we now need to turn to Manziel we owe Hoyer more than an angry lynch mob. While he has imploded he first gave us some of the best football we have seen in years. If you don't agree with that you are fucking clueless. As far as the Gordon route he's blown more than one that he didn't get called out on. He is elite for sure but this team has NOT clicked as well with him back and his unsportsmanlike penalty was pure dumbass. At this point I think Manziels mobility will help to cover a lot of issues from the O line. The threat should help open some lanes for the Crow. We shall see

Absolutely, tml... the issue is not Gordo's physical readiness, but his mental.

Well, put jcam... for every comment some here are finding objectionable, there's one that's right in line with how they want him to act.

BH would know whether he or Grodo was wrong on each of the two INTs thrown in Josh's direction, two-minutes after they happened. The eye in the sky shows all and in the immediate huddling with Shanny and JM the verdict would be rendered... and passed to the WR coach, if not delivered to Josh be Shanny himself.

Archived