THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer

slimdawg

You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"

Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?

What we saw today was not a good game by our qb. A bad game from a position which is now stable though.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

Shut ... the fuck ... up.

Zombo

When you look at how much cap space we will have going into the offseason, hoyer will cost a lot.

I bet hoyer gets at least 6.5 mill from someone next year. Maybe a decent amt more. He will get more than Kyle orton did this offseason I bet.

We aren't good enough to tie up that sort of cap money when there are other things we could spend it on

We have plenty of cap space available for a decent QB, wont hurt at all......

From what I saw, (Hoyer) just had that IT factor, intangibles that you want to see in your QB. He was a gamer, I could see it plain as day. I was really hopeful in what he could do this year as the starter.

Look, im not sayin that Brian can be the best QB of all time or anything like that, but do i see a QB that has some deficiencies that need work and if corrected and improved can be a solid above average QB for this franchise for the next decade? Make a few playoffs?(if andy dalton can, i have to beleive BH can) Possibly go to/win a SB??

Fuck yeah I do! Am i the only one who thinks this is a real possibility??

We disagree on Manziel, but agree on Hoyer. Issue is not his ceiling, it was high enough if all that is needed is a complementary, game-manager QB. But through injury that ceased to be enough.

Then issues arose with sustained performance at a level anywhere near his ceiling. What combination of physical and mental wear produced this? I haven't a clue.

In the right team circumstance, yes, Hoyer could lead a team deep into the playoffs. I'm not sure those circumstances exists in CLE any longer.

Just gotta hope he gets better.

Hope is not a plan.

But the fine print here. I don't know shit about shit, all l know is what l think l know until l'm told otherwise. I saw an entire team play their guts out last week, and l saw that same team going through the motions today.

Am l wrong? Please somebody set me straight.

And Taco, l've had about enough of you. All l want is a goddamn taco from you. Put out or get out bitch.

Waitaminnute... Stockton?

First, no way Taco is Stockton... for all his faults (and there were many), Stockton came across as being much more intelligent than Taco. Besides Stockton told us often that he was not a Manziel fan; that he had no idea whether JM would succeed or fail.

If I'm wrong, then Taco's use of "then" and "than" will sort it out soon enough.

Next, the lack of inspiration was notable Sunday. My feeling is that the team was waiting for JM to provide a spark on the field that never came.

The game's only spark came from Robertson's INT. It produced a sustained, flag-fest of a drive that ended in a grotesque INT. After that it was over.

Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

Listen I am not trying to bait you into anything. Your posts have been BELOW my level from the first one on. As far as being a highly regarded first round pick that is also pretty debatable. There is a good chance he would have made it into the 2nd round if we hadn't drafted him. There are plenty of QB "experts" with more football smarts than you or I who do not believe he is that good. yes I realize there are those that do as well. Bottom line is if you want to preach your Manziel mantra that's fine. You however have no right to come in here and talk about Browns fans not having patience. In addition position what you post as your personal feeling and conjecture as opposed to acting like its fact and you are an insider. I WAS rooting for him until I saw a game from him that showed he was clearly ill prepared and completely out of his league. I also believe the reports of him not taking preparation seriously until this week. When the guy steps on the field and makes it appear as though he prepared and at least has some NFL potential I will root for him personally. In the meantime I will root for the team as a whole like I always do.

I believe had he received support without every fool in Ohio breathing down his neck he'd have had us at 10-6 by the season's end.

Sometimes a pronoun doesn't cut it...

I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.

Told y'all this one was not as bright as StockBoy.

He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.

I believe he is a man of his word, so that would be the case.

That said his odds of starting in CLE next year did get a boost recently.

Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.

I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.

WSS

And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.

I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.

WSS

Not at all. That was Haslam's error from day one. He hired Banner knowing full well that eventually Lombardi would be brought on board. Him getting rid of both - let's just say Cleveland fans owe thanks to Peyton Manning.

Yes it certainly should be.

And, IMO, I think it could be a better plan than burning everything down and rebuilding every season or two.

I'd say "hope" is the worst plan in the world... if it qualified as a plan.

But if it was a plan, then it might be second only to the annual burn-down in a list of worsts. Of course, when you are repeatedly burning down an org, it is usually followed by hoping you do better this next time.

Yes, forced and, yes, a great call by Jimmy to flush the pair of them.

However, I would not attribute his decision to luck or forethought. While I think he liked neither the arm's length they imposed nor the decisions they made, e.g., Chud, I believe at the core of his reorg decision was a CEO's hatred of a padded Org Chart.

Clear lines of authority and responsibility are a CEO's wet dream. Banner and Lombo muddied up the lines.

Also did not hurt that he likely saw talent in Farmer and Pet.

Just my $0.02.

When the gaying gets tough, the forum turns to DieHard...

Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

loyal

heartfelt

Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

Nerdiest

Pathetic

Sophomoric

Dont see any problem with it at all, nothin but the truth is all. Tired of just blowing through qb's year after year. This year we had pretty decent QB play, but instead of sticking with him and putting in the time and effort to help him get better, just toss em aside and move on to the next sacrificial lamb for Cleveland. Only this time the sacrifice will be televised coast to coast.

It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.

It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.

Yep pretty much, everyone has to have instant gratification and instant returns. Life isnt made in a microwave. I think the media is ruining it all.

Archived