THE BROWNS BOARD

Deep Thoughts ... By Berniedenslow

berniedenslow

He's thrown for a few 300 yard games and anyone seen his completion % the past few games. He's gotten better as the season progresses.

71.4% vs Panthers

70.4% vs Jets

75.6% vs Lions :o - It was the highest completion percentage in a game for a rookie quarterback with at least 40 attempts in NFL history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2301187-teddy-bridgewater-vikings-right-on-track-with-developing-young-qb

"From Week 9 on, Bridgewater has the third-best accuracy percentage under pressure out of 34 qualifying quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus premium. He clearly has a knack for operating in the tight confines of a pocket and has even grown in that regard."

Thanks for the info - I think he's going to get his head handed to him next week, but welcome to the NFL Bong!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think they'll pan out with a good O-line or we need to get a Gordon-type draft pick?

They were great with a good O line. Why wouldn't they be next time?

We had a gordon type pick a few years ago named Trent Richardson. Why do you think Gordon would do better than him, Crowell or West???

How many here would put their vote of confidence in Browns owner Nimmy Hasbeen? Obviously the front office is a trainwreck - can he rehabilitate it? Nothing wrong with the coaching staff and the players when most of them aren't regulars to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency Room.

Can Hasbeen make the right changes?

They use University Hospital now.

Nothing wrong with the coaching staff and the players when most of them aren't regulars to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency Room.

Can Hasbeen make the right changes?

but he IS ultimately responsible, which is why I'm asking.

The owner of a team isn't a factor? Is meaningless? How I wish that were true!

So, my question to you is: What has changed in the FO between the time we were 6-3 and now?

What could Haslem POSSIBLY have done to make us lose 4 out of the last 5?

They were great with a good O line. Why wouldn't they be next time?

We had a gordon type pick a few years ago named Trent Richardson. Why do you think Gordon would do better than him, Crowell or West???

"Were" is the key word there. Hoping they can pan out and a good one isn't missed in the draft. My guess is they'll go after a stud O-Lineman first.

So, my question to you is: What has changed in the FO between the time we were 6-3 and now?

What could Haslem POSSIBLY have done to make us lose 4 out of the last 5?

Probably can't answer that one - just seems with such an investment in Charlie Manziel, I only wonder if Hasbeen put any pressure on the staff to get him in. Coaching staff hasn't been around to really even guess.

"Were" is the key word there. Hoping they can pan out and a good one isn't missed in the draft. My guess is they'll go after a stud O-Lineman first.

why wouldn't they was the question? what "besides" the line would cause 3(not 1) running backs to suddenly gain less yards?.....

do you actually believe that running back is a need position? ....and we should use our 1st round pick on this position?.... even when we have - not 1, but 2 - rookies who performed really well there?

Probably can't answer that one - just seems with such an investment in Charlie Manziel, I only wonder if Hasbeen put any pressure on the staff to get him in. Coaching staff hasn't been around to really even guess.

I have no clue what you're even talking about with the coaching staff.....

but I guess since you started the thread about "hasbeen", then I thought you might have an idea or opinion on why you're implying he's the problem...

I think the whole world put pressure on coach to start JFF. But IF Haslem did(as you suggest), then what "changes" would he be making(as asked in the opening post?)....you think he's gonna change himself?

Yep, thanks for catching that. You wanted Bongwater over Charlie Manziel? I'd still take Hoyer over both of them.

I did want him over any other QB in this draft and I think he is going to be a better QB than Hoyer. Bridgewater has icewater in his veins and the goods between the ears. Everyone else was too busy thinking up clever nicknames for him to see how solid he is.

Friend of mine put this amatuer song together in 1995, the year none of us will forget. Funny thing was, early in the season, the Frank Gifford of the MNF crew said before a Browns Monday night game that they had what it took to make the Super Bowl that year!

The reference to "Alfonse" in this diddy refers to Modell sitting in his box with Alfonse D'Amato, former NY congressmen.

So I guess things could be WORSE!

why wouldn't they was the question? what "besides" the line would cause 3(not 1) running backs to suddenly gain less yards?.....

do you actually believe that running back is a need position? ....and we should use our 1st round pick on this position?.... even when we have - not 1, but 2 - rookies who performed really well there?

As any football fan knows, all teams lean for their success on the O and D lines. This one was solid and when it was so was Hoyer and the rookie RB's. Think they'll pull the plug on them as they did Hoyer?

1st wish for a cleveland brown board member is to have you banned because of your stooooooooopid fucking threads.

put the black trash bags over your window and turn the ventilator up to high kid cuz the cops in WV can smell meth cooking from miles away.

1st wish for a cleveland brown board member is to have you banned because of your stooooooooopid fucking threads.

put the black trash bags over your window and turn the ventilator up to high kid cuz the cops in WV can smell meth cooking from miles away.

You run this fuckin' thing or what? What's with all the censorship threats here? You guys are about as humorless as a case of anal cancer............

I have no clue what you're even talking about with the coaching staff.....

but I guess since you started the thread about "hasbeen", then I thought you might have an idea or opinion on why you're implying he's the problem...

I think the whole world put pressure on coach to start JFF. But IF Haslem did(as you suggest), then what "changes" would he be making(as asked in the opening post?)....you think he's gonna change himself?

Hasbeen made his zillions by being a shrewd, bottom line businessman. He's a player in this new era of get rich quick - quick results era. I don't think that applies to rebuilding a sports team. Remember the Herschel Walker trade Dallas made and the Vikings sold out tons of draft picks to them - and Jerry Jones put together a juggernaut with that? That took what, 2-3 years? Coaching staff? It's just about as fresh as a function machine as can be having just been put together by Coach Pedigree and they've done a hell of a job. There's no way to prove it, but I got to think that the staff was "leaned on" from the top to get Johnny Money in there at the first opportune moment, except that I don't think this WAS the opportune moment. I believe the coaching staff wanted to ride the storm out with Hoyer, and why not? Head Coach Pedigree knows football, knows Hoyer's struggles directly correlated with the team's struggles. Like I said, can't prove it, but I think that's what happened. And I'm sorry, rebuilding takes forward thinking in the long term and patience. I've seen neither with the Hasbeen era, nor any other era since 1999.

I still don't understand what haslam has done wrong and what you wanna do about it. Wanna buy it from him?

If I had dumb money like him, heck yea, what football fan wouldn't? As for what can be done? I don't know - 8 home games a year, not like Hasbeen has to worry about filling the stands. I said over and over I can't prove anything and only going off what Bernie and Couch said and others have speculated, but he should leave football to the football people and no one else!

If I had dumb money like him, heck yea, what football fan wouldn't? As for what can be done? I don't know - 8 home games a year, not like Hasbeen has to worry about filling the stands. I said over and over I can't prove anything and only going off what Bernie and Couch said and others have speculated, but he should leave football to the football people and no one else!

Every owners going to have a finger in the pie. From what I've seen he's pretty much stayed out of football decisions leaving them to Farmer. Yes you could speculate he hand selected Manziel and forced pettine to start him. But that's just that - speculation.. From what I've seen almost everybody wanted to see Johnny after Indy. Our offensive coordinator has been praising him for weeks, why would you assume haslam was the only supporter of what was apparently an awful decision in Bernie's eyes, Couch's eyes, and your eyes.

Also, what does Bernie Kosar know about Jimmy Haslam? Or Tim Couch? They have no association with him.

We're on the verge of a winning season in really what's his second year of ownership, after how many losing seasons with Lerner?

Give it a rest already. We're going in the right direction.

Archived