THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer hurt? Connor Shaw up?

Mudfly

Last game of the season + team suddenly needs a quarterback + NFL career possibly on the line. I suspect Shaw's been dreaming about this opportunity all his life. Shaw will be prepared if he gets the call.

So Mister Potter......as a gamecocks and Connor Shaw fan, dont you think it's kind of unfair for us to play him now?

I mean, dont you think he'd rather wait till next year and practice a little bit more?...maybe with the 1st teamers?

I wonder if Connor is downright pissed off the Browns are forcing this game on him...!

OR....is he a gamer who knows this is his chance and is excited for the great opportunity and a chance to man up and show his stuff?

What say you?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Manziel is officially out with a bruised labia, but Hoyer kept playing with a seperated shoulder and isnt ruled out this week?

Got it. Johnny Franchise.

Zombo

Wrong on both counts. BH has a bruised shoulder and JF actually pulled the hammy on an earlier play, but tried to keep in the game hoping it was just a cramp. Pettine says it is a several week injury that would limit his mobility if he tried to play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12067914/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-ruled-baltimore-ravens

Wrong on both counts. BH has a bruised shoulder and JF actually pulled the hammy on an earlier play, but tried to keep in the game hoping it was just a cramp. Pettine says it is a several week injury that would limit his mobility if he tried to play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12067914/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-ruled-baltimore-ravens

Pettine said while making a jerk off motion with his hand and rolling his eyes.

just heard the browns reached out to grossman and he turned them down. lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448321/article/rex-grossman-turns-down-cleveland-browns

Shaw is going to turn the ball over about 5 times. I'll laugh because you guys don't get it. Not sure y'all ever will.

LOL, Manziel 18\35, 42 qbr, no TDs, 2 interceptions. I'd be surprised if Shaw does much worse.

OK watched the little tape we had of Shaw in the Redskins game. Reminds me a lot of Hoyer, LOL. Not the greatest arm, but that can be improved some in the weight room. Not going to be able to turn a Ken Dorsey into a John Elway though.,

Shaw is going to turn the ball over about 5 times. I'll laugh because you guys don't get it. Not sure y'all ever will.

We'll see honcho. I'm not so sure though. I'd take that bet, unless you're talking outta your vagina.

About 5 times, so 4 or more times, right? In Mik's famous words, a six pack. And it will arrive before New Years. You are drinking age, right?

Your time's about up here chief. Why not go out with a bang? Laugh all you want at "us guys" as the door hits you in the ass.

I think Pettine knows what's up, and l think he's gonna play his cards to make sure we get a look a Shaw because l think he sees something worth seeing.

The guy looks left, the guy looks right. All he needs to do is make the throws.

I heard the coaches left handed praise for the kid. "well you might not be as strong or is fast or a smart as anybody else but he's got a lot of heart and we like that." Thanks for the ringing endorsement coach.

Maybe there will be enough young guys on the bubble who want to make one more good impression and at least make it a fun game to watch.

WSS

Grossman come to Baltimore and take a beating for a team playing for nothing on a holiday weekend, or sit on a beach with a cocktail and his hot wife? No surprise really.

A younger guy would be more apt to try and probe something, at Grossman's age doesn't care.

So Manziel is officially out with a bruised labia, but Hoyer kept playing with a seperated shoulder and isnt ruled out this week?

I've been wondering how JM would have handled the hit Hoyer took...

fixed

So beares do shit in the "woulds"?

just heard the browns reached out to grossman and he turned them down. lol.

Just maybe pissed about being cut during TC?

So Mister Potter......as a gamecocks and Connor Shaw fan, dont you think it's kind of unfair for us to play him now?

I see what you did there... :)

I suspect Rexy just completed his tax planning on Saturday and the $53k would have shot it to hell.

Loved the "Major League" insert...

Grossman come to Baltimore and take a beating for a team playing for nothing on a holiday weekend, or sit on a beach with a cocktail and his hot wife? No surprise really.

A younger guy would be more apt to try and probe something, at Grossman's age doesn't care.

Exactly- as a 10+ year vet, if he hasn't been stupid with his money- he's already a millionaire many times over. Doesn't need the $53k that bad.

Someone was asking what happens if shaw plays well....

IF shaw plays well the offseason discussion becomes more complex.

You'll have the guys who will want him to be the new starter based on a very small sample size as well as guys who will say that he hasn't done enough to prove himself as a starter. Sounds eerily similar to some of the discussions going on last off season.

Either way, fuck it, let's see what the kid can do. if he's a beast it's like hitting 20k on a 1$ scratch off ticket. If he's dogshit the ticket was only 1$

Someone was asking what happens if shaw plays well....

IF shaw plays well the offseason discussion becomes more complex.

This place will turn into a circus. The turnstiles will start cranking up. Out goes the Manziel apologists, in comes the SC crowd, we'll all be at each others' throats, naked ladies will be serving pancakes, the ghost of Don Knotts will perform Monty Python skits... It'll be fantastic!

Were I a betting man, I be down for Hoyer starting. Guy's a gamer. Supposed to be a Friday decision.

Were Shaw to play and look good, it might add complexity, having more options tends to do that, but should also add a little more fire to JM's off-season efforts. Then TC can sort everything out.

I, for one, would enjoy a competition to see who is the best rather than who sucks the least...

Were I a betting man, I be down for Hoyer starting. Guy's a gamer. Supposed to be a Friday decision.

Were Shaw to play and look good, it might add complexity, having more options tends to do that, but should also add a little more fire to JM's off-season efforts. Then TC can sort everything out.

I, for one, would enjoy a competition to see who is the best rather than who sucks the least...

No QB is going to look good in this scheme, the book is out, penetrate the zone blocking and you stop the browns. I seriously doubt we can stop dumerville and suggs from penetrating. Over/Under 5 first downs by the browns offense on Sunday? I say under.

No QB is going to look good in this scheme, the book is out, penetrate the zone blocking and you stop the browns. I seriously doubt we can stop dumerville and suggs from penetrating. Over/Under 5 first downs by the browns offense on Sunday? I say under.

Not as if that's a new angle just for the Browns... or just for the ZBS for that matter. It all comes down to execution. Put a healthy Mack back in the line and I like our chances.

Speaking of execution...

John McKay was once asked what he thought about his expansion, Tampa Bay Bucs' Offense's execution...

"I'm all for it," was his reply.

I'm on board for the Shawshank Redemption to start. Hoyer's a great backup. Manziel is looking like a "oh gee I thought the NFL was just like college" doofus.

Clarity is needed here. Shaw can't win the starting job in one start- but he sure can win a roster spot with a good showing.

He plays well, it makes one of the other two very expendable.

Archived