THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer hurt? Connor Shaw up?

Mudfly

Didn't we sign thigpen to start on Sunday?

I hope not- we already know PigPen ain't got "it". Oh hell, resigned 12-23. Maybe as an emergency backup- at least I hope so.

Pettine would have to be out of his mind to give Thigpen a start ahead of Shaw after being out of football for months, and only a practice or two at most. Tyler just got himself a nice holiday bonus check.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not- we already know PigPen ain't got "it". Oh hell, resigned 12-23. Maybe as an emergency backup- at least I hope so.

Pettine would have to be out of his mind to give Thigpen a start ahead of Shaw after being out of football for months, and only a practice or two at most. Tyler just got himself a nice holiday bonus check.

Agree. No way they give a guy off the street a job. Shaw has at least experience with the playbook. Plus nothing beats real game experience.

See what he has. I'm optimistic but I'm sure there's a good reason the browns have cut him once.

Agree. No way they give a guy off the street a job. Shaw has at least experience with the playbook. Plus nothing beats real game experience.

See what he has. I'm optimistic but I'm sure there's a good reason the browns have cut him once.

Last week the Texans beat the Ravens with a QB they cut in August and he was out bow hunting that Monday when he got the call.

Oh WTF am I thinking. . . The Texans have a head coach who studied college footage and put in a number of plays that Keenum was comfortable with. I can't imagine Pettine humbling himself like that. O'Neil is no Crennel either. I just see these morons forcing their will upon instead of working with players. Chalk up loss # 9.

Agree. No way they give a guy off the street a job. Shaw has at least experience with the playbook.

Least experience may not be the same as least knowledge...

Last week the Texans beat the Ravens with a QB they cut in August and he was out bow hunting that Monday when he got the call.

Oh WTF am I thinking. . . The Texans have a head coach who studied college footage and put in a number of plays that Keenum was comfortable with. I can't imagine Pettine humbling himself like that. O'Neil is no Crennel either. I just see these morons forcing their will upon instead of working with players. Chalk up loss # 9.

You mean plays like "HB-Pass"?

Setting aside the fact that our Defense-minded HC doesn't design shit for the O, it's not a high bar for Shanny to create a plan for Shaw that exceeds Keenum's massive 20/42, 185-yd output with 0 TD and 1 INT.

I'm very excited to see Shaw in action. Again, my prediction is that he will over-achieve. Better accuracy than BH or JM. Can run like JM but is better at sensing pressure and reacting to it. Steps up in the pocket quickly and has more height to then hit open receivers. Reads progressions better than JM. Delivers a tight spiral and has as much arm strength as our other QB's. Can make ALL the throws. Knows how to win football games.

I know this is not college or pre-season. He could shit his pants and give up 6 ints. But if he doesn't and delivers to his early-stage potential, then you heard it from me (and you have been for a long time). I think this guy is going to be our best UFA for 2014. Go Browns!! 8-8

I'm very excited to see Shaw in action. Again, my prediction is that he will over-achieve. Better accuracy than BH or JM. Can run like JM but is better at sensing pressure and reacting to it. Steps up in the pocket quickly and has more height to then hit open receivers. Reads progressions better than JM. Delivers a tight spiral and has as much arm strength as our other QB's. Can make ALL the throws. Knows how to win football games.

I know this is not college or pre-season. He could shit his pants and give up 6 ints. But if he doesn't and delivers to his early-stage potential, then you heard it from me (and you have been for a long time). I think this guy is going to be our best UFA for 2014. Go Browns!! 8-8

Our OL does not give enough time to get through the first read let alone get through them all and recycle through. Damn we do not have Peyton Manning.

Archived