THE BROWNS BOARD

John Fox out in Denver!

BrownBoB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it official?

If so, this signals to me that YES, they want Peyton to move along as well.

Good. Losing both of them to me makes Denver the potential weak link in the AFCW.

Who do they think they are going to get to play QB? Brock Osweiler? Perhaps the next Dan McGwire?

I so hope the Broncos have a Browns like experience for the next 15 years. Hell, everybody else seems to want to hire this guy. You would have thought he was a prime candidate to take over there.

the only thing I see relating to Gase is he is free to seek employment elsewhere but the John Fox ousting is true.

Yeah, Elway knows that the time to move on without Payton has arrived. Clearly ,he was hurt most of the season. He looked terrible last year in the Super Bowl. Fox did'nt show Elway the blueprint he wanted to see on what direction he would take the team without Payton. There is alot going on in Denver!

Dear Haslam,

Clean house now.

President: Peyton Manning

GM: Farmer

HC: Fox

OC: Gase

Do it now.... Do it.

Only moves I might make......Gase at OC....if he doesn't get an HC job.....and Peyton at QB.

Why not? Worth a shot.....only downside is that Jimmy H. loses some money.

(but it IS possible that JH may want Peyton is some capacity....they are supposed to be tight from the Tennessee connection.....I mean, Peyton should feel right at home....we have scoreboards shaped like Tennesseee.

Im not a John Fox fan, or a Del Rio fan.. However,Gase seems intriguing... I just want to see Manziel cut or traded.. He's nothing but a distraction wether he becomes good or not, and I see it all as a "negative" distraction.. I want a pocket passer...

Only moves I might make......Gase at OC....if he doesn't get an HC job.....and Peyton at QB.

Why not? Worth a shot.....only downside is that Jimmy H. loses some money.

(but it IS possible that JH may want Peyton is some capacity....they are supposed to be tight from the Tennessee connection.....I mean, Peyton should feel right at home....we have scoreboards shaped like Tennesseee.

I would take Peyton as a playing QB / OC

Manning is a bright offensive mind who understands the game of football better than probably every QB in the league. His physical tools have started to dwindle a little too much though, definitely too much to be an afcn QB.

I believe Fox's and Gases success in Denver should mostly be attributed to Manning but that's just my opinion.

I'd be all for Manning being an offensive coach here, president? I'm not so sure.

Man, this place is almost as bad and flip floppy as the Bills Boards.

You guys just want to keep changing because the grass must be greener.

Just go with what you got with the HC and FO.

Manning? Really?

just a pipe dream for some of the more feeble minded here.

no way in hell this happens in 2015.

i'z gots serious money that says it won't.

and besides U of tennessee would have something to say about it.

Elway has gone mad. He was probably texting the sideline to put in Osweiler... :)

Manning is a bright offensive mind who understands the game of football better than probably every QB in the league.

I'd be all for Manning being an offensive coach here...

Spot on...

Manning has be playing with a torn quad since mid-December which was killing his long ball accuracy. DC's were onto it and planned accordingly. Manning's return will depend on his rehab. I suspect. Or at 39 (in March) he may just hang it up and move on to Pizza and/or insurance sales or something. Oh wait........................

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

Im not a John Fox fan, or a Del Rio fan.. However,Gase seems intriguing... I just want to see Manziel cut or traded.. He's nothing but a distraction wether he becomes good or not, and I see it all as a "negative" distraction.. I want a pocket passer...

I would take a fairly healthy Peyton Manning for a year....with JFF sitting behind him....and learning from him how to be a pro.

Fairly? He'd better start off in prefect health. Even then Manning is beyond the age where staying "fairly healthy" thru an NFL season is likely.

As for JM sitting and learning... what gives you any hope the latter would happen?

Man, this place is almost as bad and flip floppy as the Bills Boards.

You guys just want to keep changing because the grass must be greener.

Just go with what you got with the HC and FO.

Manning? Really?

No one.....who is at all intellingent is talking about changing the HC and FO. Farmer and Pettine will be here. But we do need an OC....and if Gase and Peyton could come in together as a package....Gase OC Peyton at QB ...for at least 1 year in order to transition to whatever QB will be here in the future (it is assumed it will not be Hoyer....but JFF could still be in the mix...plus whomever) I would be A-OK with that arrangement.

What I don't know is Peyton contract status. He is not a FA....but he could ask for his release, and do you think he would not be granted it?

Fairly? He'd better start off in prefect health. Even then Manning is beyond the age where staying "fairly healthy" thru an NFL season is likely.

No 39 year old QB is going to be in "perfect health". I assume he could recover from his torn squad by training camp...and be close to 100% as a 39 year old QB can be.

As for JM sitting and learning... what gives you any hope the latter would happen?

Because he is a reasonably bright....though immature person. Plus, we are stuck with him and his contract. But I also say that he should not be the only dog in the hunt. You might also have Connor Shaw, and maybe another somewhat veteran guy off the street. See the FA QB thread.

omg if manning comes on the market we have to jump all over that if for no other reason than to bring him in and coach either JF or whatever we think is our franchise qb for the next 10 years. And as soon as Manning says he's done you hang the OC hat on him...IMMEDIATELY. Omg if we can get Peyton Manning into our organization holy shit. Btw that loss to Indy wasn't all on him...that defense got torched. They barely breathed on Luck. We put more pressure on Luck when we played them than the #3 defense in the NFL.

I just have this image in my mind of Manning just literally taking a snap, standing still, basically playing flag football, behind our awesome OL, leading receivers to not get them injured, just marching down the field like "seriously Brian, you couldn't get this team in the playoffs? LOL"

you all are so sure manning would just accept an OC position like he's been dreaming of it for years. maybe he'd like to take some time off? maybe his heartstrings are still in TN?

i mean talking about making shit up.

is there one line of text from any substantiated report, any twat tweet, anything to even suggest what you bozos are suggesting?

I was reading where his contract with Denver had not guarenteed money, so that if they cut him they save his salary/cap space. Not that I am suggesting PM come here as a QB or as a QB/Coach on the field.

As to Mik's post. Yes. Who knows what he is thinking, and from post game interviews he is contemplating his future as an NFL player. I am sure that Elway is prodding Peyton so that he know's what course he (Elway) will take.

Archived