BrownBoB

Dear Haslam,

Clean house now.

President: Peyton Manning

GM: Farmer

HC: Fox

OC: Gase

Do it now.... Do it.

You have it mostly right- except Pettine isn't going anywhere.

Manning has be playing with a torn quad since mid-December which was killing his long ball accuracy. DC's were onto it and planned accordingly. Manning's return will depend on his rehab. I suspect. Or at 39 (in March) he may just hang it up and move on to Pizza and/or insurance sales or something. Oh wait........................

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

I duly noted he couldn't pass deep with any accuracy. Injury or not- he should probably retire. The only reason I could see him coming back is beating out Farve for all time yardage- which barring injury, he'd be a lock to do in 2015.

Those who want Peyton quarterbacking the Browns aren't listening to Haslam's mantra. Long term success doesn't entail having a 39 year old quarterback running the show. If they can find him a front office job- no problem with that. Thing is, Manning already has enough money he can do whatever he wants when he retires. Might just want to get into broadcasting, or keep on doing Papa John's commercials.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have this image in my mind of Manning just literally taking a snap, standing still, basically playing flag football, behind our awesome OL, leading receivers to not get them injured, just marching down the field like "seriously Brian, you couldn't get this team in the playoffs? LOL"

I thought you were trolling with that awesome OL comment...but then it appears you weren't. I'm confused. You really think our line as is wouldn't get him killed? We don't know what Mack is going to be like next season coming off the injury, but even with him 100% Manning would have to check down to his right on every play to make sure some edge guy isn't coming free for his old ass. I'd love me some Peyton Manning in Cleveland but we'd have to make an invest in that right side of the line.

you all are so sure manning would just accept an OC position like he's been dreaming of it for years. maybe he'd like to take some time off? maybe his heartstrings are still in TN?

i mean talking about making shit up.

is there one line of text from any substantiated report, any twat tweet, anything to even suggest what you bozos are suggesting?

Shut up and quit sucking on balls!

I was reading where his contract with Denver had not guarenteed money, so that if they cut him they save his salary/cap space. Not that I am suggesting PM come here as a QB or as a QB/Coach on the field.

But I am suggesting exactly that. Especially if it could be for a low salary cap figure.

As to Mik's post. Yes. Who knows what he is thinking, and from post game interviews he is contemplating his future as an NFL player. I am sure that Elway is prodding Peyton so that he know's what course he (Elway) will take.

No 39 year old QB is going to be in "perfect health". I assume he could recover from his torn squad by training camp...and be close to 100% as a 39 year old QB can be.

My point was he can come into a season healthy, but he is beyond surviving an NFL season.

even with the connection with haslam, does that mean it would behis #1 choice?

what do you know about his connection with univ of tennessee?

just cuz you play golf with someone doesn't mean you want to work for them.

Someone piss in your Cheerios? It's good-natured speculation, mik... relax...

i don't remember the beginning of an off season ever on here where people just turned insane overnite.

peyton manning our QB and/or our OC?

yeah and i believe in leprechauns and unicorns.

can we start a thread on aaron rodgers coming here next?

Manning at even 70 percent is better then any qb we had since the team came back BY FAR

Probably- but for how long? Willing to settle for one and done in the Playoffs? Elway apparently isn't.

I thought you were trolling with that awesome OL comment...but then it appears you weren't. I'm confused. You really think our line as is wouldn't get him killed? We don't know what Mack is going to be like next season coming off the injury, but even with him 100% Manning would have to check down to his right on every play to make sure some edge guy isn't coming free for his old ass. I'd love me some Peyton Manning in Cleveland but we'd have to make an invest in that right side of the line.

Not trolling. With Mack, we had a top 5 OL - I'm not sure why all the Schwartz hate? He's no JT, but he is far from terrible.

My point was he can come into a season healthy, but he is beyond surviving an NFL season.

We were down to our third stringer this year due to injuries to much younger men. The possibility of a Browns QB getting injured is just a fact of life, be it a 39 year old Peyton or a 22 year old like JFF and Shaw.

Someone piss in your Cheerios? It's good-natured speculation, mik... relax...

No, they pooped in his Cap'n Crunch.

Because maybe he would like to have a legacy as a mentor.....and because JH asks him to.

Fool me once fool me twice my man. The only thing consistent that this kid wants to excel at is partying. He's been a let down time and time again.

I'd understand wanting to give time to someone who's made mistakes if they at least have an upside. But this kid hasn't shown an ounce of an NFL qb. Yet the same stupid mistakes continue.

Who wants to hitch their wagon to that?

Didn't JFF go to the Manning QB camp and then get sent home early for missing meetings????......It makes me wonder what Peytons honest opinion of him is?

Im sure, after his amazing career and ALL the options that will be presented to him, hitching his wagon to Manziel and the Browns wont be at the top of his list.....just a hunch

Not trolling. With Mack, we had a top 5 OL - I'm not sure why all the Schwartz hate? He's no JT, but he is far from terrible.

there were a couple instances early in the season before Mack went down where a DL basically followed Hoyer into the backfield for a stop and chat at the handoff. Plenty of guys came flying around that right side all season long, it wasn't good. I'm willing to give that right side one more year but we need their backups/replacements on the roster by the start of TC. We can't wing it anymore and just hope for the best.

Im with you.....even with all the problems we had after Mack went down, we still finished as the #6 best lIne in the NFL....

and 4 of our starters grade out at the top....Mack was grading out as the #1 center, Thomas is thomas, Schwartz rated #32 of ALL tackles and #13 on the right and Bitonio looks like a perennial Pro-bowl type of player.....so, we need depth yes....but think we are solid with our starters....who were the #1 line until Mack went down...

So...when healthy.....our line is #1..... Why invest in upgrading the starters with so many other areas in need?

Im with you.....even with all the problems we had after Mack went down, we still finished as the #6 best lIne in the NFL....

and 4 of our starters grade out at the top....Mack was grading out as the #1 center, Thomas is thomas, Schwartz rated #32 of ALL tackles and #13 on the right and Bitonio looks like a perennial Pro-bowl type of player.....so, we need depth yes....but think we are solid with our starters....who were the #1 line until Mack went down...

So...when healthy.....our line is #1..... Why invest in upgrading the starters with so many other areas in need?

I'm assuming you watched the same games as everyone else right? The line had it's moments but they gave up some eye openingly bad plays. I've seen some bad o line play in Cleveland in the last 16 years but I'd never before seen a defensive lineman meet our QB and RB at the handoff before...and it happened a couple times. It's something that if it happens once a season it's cause for concern...happening 2-3 times a season though makes you go uh wut now? I'd like to have your optimism that our O line will be "just fine" but we've seen our line make major regressions in just one year.

Like I said....you go into it knowing that it is a transition period.......like with Gary Danielson and BK.....except we gotta figure out who our BK is.

Um, he's currently a quarterback at Ohio State- went to Glenville- I think you know who I'm talking about.

Fool me once fool me twice my man. The only thing consistent that this kid wants to excel at is partying. He's been a let down time and time again.

I'd understand wanting to give time to someone who's made mistakes if they at least have an upside. But this kid hasn't shown an ounce of an NFL qb. Yet the same stupid mistakes continue.

When Johnny comes marching home again from his ski trip in Aspen- he has until April 30th to prove he's more committed to being an NFL quarterback than a party hearty. Right now, it's not looking good.

Well, lets look at it this way: Johnny Manziel IS going to be a QB for the Cleveland Browns next year.

No one else will want him and the Browns ain't going to cut him. So he will be here.

Thus, the Browns need to make the best of a bad situation.....and we all have to realize that having JFF here is going to be our fate.

So the team has to try something.....not just wash their hands. of it. And so do we.

Um, he's currently a quarterback at Ohio State- went to Glenville- I think you know who I'm talking about.

What round do you take him?

When Johnny comes marching home again from his ski trip in Aspen- he has until April 30th to prove he's more committed to being an NFL quarterback than a party hearty. Right now, it's not looking good.

Maybe we can put Cardale together with JFF to get one badass unit:

master-blaster-mad-max-road-warrior.jpg

Well, lets look at it this way: Johnny Manziel IS going to be a QB for the Cleveland Browns next year.

No one else will want him and the Browns ain't going to cut him. So he will be here.

Thus, the Browns need to make the best of a bad situation.....and we all have to realize that having JFF here is going to be our fate.

So the team has to try something.....not just wash their hands. of it. And so do we.

That is true. And I have to agree with you that the browns have to try their best with him.

What I'm just saying is why would manning want to take a chance with this guy?

What I'm just saying is why would manning want to take a chance with this guy?

my thoughts too......the guy is completely marketable and can go anywhere and do just about ANYTHING he wants right now.....

of ALL his options, does anyone think coaching JFF or playing for the Browns are anywhere even remotely close to the top of his list???

Seriously?

hahahaha

Johnny is drinking himself out of the league.. Believe Me when I tell you.. He wont make it past OTA's and will subsequently be shown the door out of Cleveland... Wich cant happen fast enough.

What round do you take him?

Maybe we can put Cardale together with JFF to get one badass unit:

What round? As high as necessary. Depends if he even declares- he has until today to decide.

Johnny is drinking himself out of the league.. Believe Me when I tell you.. He wont make it past OTA's and will subsequently be shown the door out of Cleveland... Wich cant happen fast enough.

Well it wasn't exactly Rocket Science to Google "Manziel Aspen" to see what he was up to. He was hoisting a few- or probably more than a few. Now to be fair, almost everyone has a few drinks- or more than a few drinks- when they're on a ski trip. One of my all time drunks involved a pitcher+ of Margaritas at Vail.

BUT Johnny Boy- Big Brother is most definitely watching, and you're not impressing him at all.

People think we can't dump Manziel because he was a first round pick. I say sure we can. I'll leave it up to our resident historian Gipper to find other first round picks that got unceremoniously dumped in short order.

EDIT: I did look- Lawrence Philips got released after one year- for misbehavior, no less. :) .

People think we can't dump Manziel because he was a first round pick. I say sure we can. I'll leave it up to our resident historian Gipper to find other first round picks that got unceremoniously dumped in short order.

EDIT: I did look- Lawrence Philips got released after one year- for misbehavior, no less. :) .

i heard one talking head the other day who said something very relevant to the brown's situation (although he was talking about the jets) he said it's more detrimental to a franchise to hold on to a top round 'maybe' guy and hope he becomes 'the' guy than to move on until you draft the person (finally) that is 'the' guy.

maybe the browns are waiting to see what he shows this OTA and TC. who knows maybe he made improvement. if not expect them to pick up the phone the first time a team calls whose QB went down, if he's not traded during the draft that is.

Archived