THE BROWNS BOARD

What's The Plan?

OldBrownsFan

I can agree with your logic here.

Here is my fear: I believe the majority of our first round fuck ups and flops are the result of reaching for presumed needs. Brady Quinn, Weeden, Winslow, Richardson, etc etc. I want to see this cycle broken. As far as last years draft goes I believe that Farmer originally had different plans for the no.4 pick put had a offer he could not refuse from Buffalo. So he took and and stock piled a first for this years draft and rolled the dice on a player with incredible athletic talent and upside who needed a lot of work on his technique and work ethic. Then, as the draft progressed down through the first round to our next pick things get a bit murkier..... My best guess is that Haslam, nor Farmer, was pushing and pushing for a quarterback and he simply could not resist the temptation of Johnny Fuckup. So he shoved the pick on the FO and told Farmer to go get him. It is now pretty obvious at least up till the present that was a huge mistake and one of a kind with the classic reaches I pointed out above. I could be totally wrong but that's my opinion and best guess. I don't see Johnny Bitchtits as a Farmer type of guy. But I don't really know farmer so that's just another guess....

Anyways, I digress. I would just love to see our front office go out and take the best talent they can get their hands on in the draft and quit reaching like a bunch of desperate man children for players to rescue a particular position or need....

I agree I think Manziel was forced on Farmer despite claims Farmer made otherwise. I think Farmer would havr taken Bridgewater or Carr. Gilbert was Pettine's pick. We can only hope Farmer is giving Haslam a big dose of I told you so and Haslam will stay out of it tbis year. I think this year we will make good on our first round picks.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel Kiper is a fucking tool. Never use any of his mocks or sensationalist drivel in a discussion bro.We still need fresh bodies just about everywhere. Drafting for a specific need is something I think should be reserved to those teams that are already loaded with talent and are legit playoff contenders with a hole here or there that needs patching.

I couldn't agree more with this. Kiper is wrong like MCK. Seriously. The guy has zero ability to evaluate talent. And what's further upsetting is that fanbase's start clamoring for a player cause Kiper starts hyping the guy a year out from the combine. Kiper is a hack beyond words. I can stomach a little bit of change in your mocks, but his mocks just start to get absurd when draft day closes in. They literally change so fucking much and he does it so that he can later say oh I had that guy high in one of my mocks or that guy fell off my board blah blah blah. He's just covering all his base's, he's not a real evaluator of football talent.

I couldn't agree more with this. Kiper is wrong like MCK. Seriously. The guy has zero ability to evaluate talent. And what's further upsetting is that fanbase's start clamoring for a player cause Kiper starts hyping the guy a year out from the combine. Kiper is a hack beyond words. I can stomach a little bit of change in your mocks, but his mocks just start to get absurd when draft day closes in. They literally change so fucking much and he does it so that he can later say oh I had that guy high in one of my mocks or that guy fell off my board blah blah blah. He's just covering all his base's, he's not a real evaluator of football talent.

Spot on.

He is a sensationalist pure and simple. All mass media is built on sensationalism anymore cause the majority eats it up like its the word of God.

If plan A is starting Manziel I hope they have a good plan B. I like Connor Shaw but he does not have the arm strength. Defenses will soon shut him down with his inability to throw the long ball. Hoyer most likely will be gone. I don't see Manziel ever making it in the NFL and I see the CFL in his future where his style of play may actually work. I don't see the Browns giving up valuable draft picks to trade up for a QB when they have serious needs on both sides of the ball. Maybe there is a good mid round prospect? Mudfly showed a few of them that looked good. I think they need to find the best veteran quarterback and that is their best bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL6LH6ufhM

This is supposed to be one of the best free agent classes in years, except for the QB. Mallet, Hoyer and maybe Locker. Unless it is not possible, I would franchise tag Hoyer. Yes they are paying out the ass, but 2016 there are a TON of FA. I know some are not ideal, just making the list. Manning, Ben, Rivers, Bradford, Newton, Luck, Daniel (under rated IMO), Tannehill, and Weeden (jk). Just an idea.

hopefully ONE of the OL they draft will be a flex guy who might be mack's backup or replacement. who knows how he comes back from his injury. then there's the DL and LBs we need. i know we need WRs but there's gotta be guys on farmer's board that won't cost us future picks.

but hey, if you can move up and grab someone you want because you throw gordon in the pot......i'm all for it. hell throw manziel in there too and move up another spot or two, lol.

"throw manziel in" You dumbfuck queef, like someone would want that faggot. suck my nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

"throw manziel in" You dumbfuck queef, like someone would want that faggot. suck my nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i'm sure you'd take him in to live under your grandma's porch with you. that way you wouldn't have to come out once a night to suck the dog's dick to fulfill your cock-obsessed aids infected mouth.

you blithering idiot.

Alright guys, this has gone to far and I am a HUGE proponent of swearing and general ribbing. You have been warned. And mik, I generally find your posts entertaining. Let's talk football here.

dude keeps throwing thunder my way. i don't even know where it comes from. i don't go out and flame on anyone just for the hell of it BUT don't blame me when i retaliate against someone that has it in for me.

must be a relative of stockton.

dude keeps throwing thunder my way. i don't even know where it comes from. i don't go out and flame on anyone just for the hell of it BUT don't blame me when i retaliate against someone that has it in for me.

must be a relative of stockton.

Either way bro, be the bigger man, and if we see it more, he will be banned.

Of more concern is why Ogbuehi falling during the year. He started as DraftScout's top OT, but was #3 by season's end. Apparently the transition to LT did not go as smoothly as hoped.

FYI, post injury DraftScout now has him as the #7 OT and a 2nd/3rd rounder.

I'm not sure why they moved him over other than the fact they lost their RT to injury and he (Ced) had the most experience there. The speculation was that he was better than the backup and that his backup for LT was far better than the backup RT, but had no experience on the R side at all, so moved Ced back to RT. Some buy that story and others just say that LT was not working out for him with all his prior experience being on the R side. At any rate he can play either RG or RT which is where we need the most help on the Browns anyway.

I agree I think Manziel was forced on Farmer despite claims Farmer made otherwise. I think Farmer would havr taken Bridgewater or Carr. Gilbert was Pettine's pick. We can only hope Farmer is giving Haslam a big dose of I told you so and Haslam will stay out of it tbis year. I think this year we will make good on our first round picks.

Though Framer made the Johnny Flopball pick, I can't help but feel Haslam was whispering how cool it would be to get some much needed publicity.

This is supposed to be one of the best free agent classes in years, except for the QB. Mallet, Hoyer and maybe Locker. Unless it is not possible, I would franchise tag Hoyer. Yes they are paying out the ass, but 2016 there are a TON of FA. I know some are not ideal, just making the list. Manning, Ben, Rivers, Bradford, Newton, Luck, Daniel (under rated IMO), Tannehill, and Weeden (jk). Just an idea.

The only one on that list that might be available is Bradford. Mannning will probably retire,The rest are untouchable.

i likeD bradford when he first came into the league........but st. louis did him no favors buy never building that OL until recently and he still gets hurt. when does a guy like that get written off as 'done'? i'm sure he can still whip the ball around but another injury and he'll be doing it from a wheelchair.

i'll wait to watch the combines and the tape they throw up of the kids coming into this year's draft before making any comments on the QB class. last year i think there were some guys we missed out on in the later rounds (but that's where farmer found the gems) even though i was of the mindset not to draft a QB at all. i liked that kid fales who's now in chicago......... i'm sure there are some guys like that who'll be around later in the draft who could easily beat out manziel, if he's still around.

Though Framer made the Johnny Flopball pick, I can't help but feel Haslam was whispering how cool it would be to get some much needed publicity.

The only one on that list that might be available is Bradford. Mannning will probably retire,The rest are untouchable.

To be blunt, I think Farmer is playing word games to protect his boss. Sure, maybe he went through the motions to make the pick, but I still think Haslam told him to make it. It's the only thing that makes sense given how well he drafted from the second round on.

I think Hoyer gives us the best shot at winning this season. Even more so with the improvements he should have on offense especially on the O line. I like the idea of Hoyer resigning with the Browns (even if we have to overpay to keep him) and then in 2016 with so many veteran qb's available going after the best one we can get. That is a plan I would go with.

I think Hoyer gives us the best shot at winning this season. Even more so with the improvements he should have on offense especially on the O line. I like the idea of Hoyer resigning with the Browns (even if we have to overpay to keep him) and then in 2016 with so many veteran qb's available going after the best one we can get. That is a plan I would go with.

signing hoyer might be the solution for next year and the near future depending on well he performs. if he does good then i'd guess that plan of signing a vet in 2016 would go out the window, correct?

that being said it still doesn't address finding the QB of the future. i mean if hoyer (or the vet if we had to sign one) played great how many years would they give us until you have to draft the kid to be the franchise for ten years. (yeah like that happens right?)

signing hoyer might be the solution for next year and the near future depending on well he performs. if he does good then i'd guess that plan of signing a vet in 2016 would go out the window, correct?

that being said it still doesn't address finding the QB of the future. i mean if hoyer (or the vet if we had to sign one) played great how many years would they give us until you have to draft the kid to be the franchise for ten years. (yeah like that happens right?)

Key here is getting a decent OC & QB Coach. Last year, we had 2 QBs with crappy footwork & mechanics ALL YEAR, yet neither of our offensive (literally) guys could fix either. Hoyer was a shadow of what he was pre-injury & should be correctable. I would like to know what our last QB Coach DID last year?

Seems to me that, before the injury, Hoyer was throwing his receivers open consistently & is worth the time & effort to get back to that.

Mike

Key here is getting a decent OC & QB Coach. Last year, we had 2 QBs with crappy footwork & mechanics ALL YEAR, yet neither of our offensive (literally) guys could fix either. Hoyer was a shadow of what he was pre-injury & should be correctable. I would like to know what our last QB Coach DID last year?

Seems to me that, before the injury, Hoyer was throwing his receivers open consistently & is worth the time & effort to get back to that.

Mike

i think the QBs coach was manziel's friend, lol. i don't know how he got that job. he was part of the problem and i believe the OL injuries was another. he (hoyer) started feeling pressure when there was none. he got a bad case of happy feet and was throwing off his back foot a lot.

Hoyer started 2014 on pace to better his pre-injury stats. That all changed when Mack went down against PTG and took any consistency in the run game with him.

And then came the "happy feet phantom"...

Brian would be a viable, near-term option, but I do not see him accepting any deal that smacked of one-more and done-more.

Maybe Daniel?

I see the Browns going one of two different directions. They have 2 first round draft picks and more draft picks overall than any other NFL team so they could do some trading to get the franchise quarterback such as Winston. The other option is to use those picks to shore up so many other areas that are needed and just try and sign Hoyer and if that cannot be done get a veteran FA quarterback. The bad thing this year is the highest rated veteran QB is Mark Sanchez which shows me how slim the pickings are.

The best option I see would be resigning Hoyer if possible, and use their draft picks to shore up the team on both sides of the ball. I really see little chance of Manziel starting. 3rd string qb Connor Shaw outplayed him with the little preparation he had against the Ravens.

I thought Garrett Hartley looked like a good enough place kicker after he replaced Cundiff.

Bradford isn't worth a bag of dicks. He's barely average.. even when completely healthy, which isn't often.

Let Hoyer walk, he's not worth anything close to what his demands are.

Draft Grayson in the second and let him beat Partyboy.

Actually- Bradford isn't that bad- when healthy- which isn't often. Regarding Hoyer- haven't heard what his demands (actually agent's) are. Possible he might give the Browns a hometown discount.

PS Per ESPN the Colts are already working on a contract extension for Luck. & really franchise quarterbacks are never allowed to test FA if healthy. The only reason the Colts let Manning go is there were questions about his neck, and they had Luck waiting in the wings.

Hah- half kidding with this one Mik. Let Manziel start, prove beyond a doubt he's total garbage, Browns go 1-15. "With the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Browns select Cardale Jones, quarterback Ohio State."

It will be Manziel, Shaw and a washed up bum/unproven benchwarmer all competing for the job. No team with a QB worth anything is going to trade him. The Browns could draft again but not sure starting Brett Hundley is the answer either. Unfortunately good QBs are like aces on a pitching staff but NFL teams don't worry about salary implications.

I see the Browns going one of two different directions. They have 2 first round draft picks and more draft picks overall than any other NFL team so they could do some trading to get the franchise quarterback such as Winston. The other option is to use those picks to shore up so many other areas that are needed and just try and sign Hoyer and if that cannot be done get a veteran FA quarterback. The bad thing this year is the highest rated veteran QB is Mark Sanchez which shows me how slim the pickings are.

The best option I see would be resigning Hoyer if possible, and use their draft picks to shore up the team on both sides of the ball. I really see little chance of Manziel starting. 3rd string qb Connor Shaw outplayed him with the little preparation he had against the Ravens.

I thought Garrett Hartley looked like a good enough place kicker after he replaced Cundiff.

i don't see farmer playing that game of giving away a ton of stuff for one of the 2 top QBs. and all those picks.........we'll need them. i count 4 picks that should go towards OL and DL. then you got your LBs and skill positions. and let's not forget the kicking game.

Hah- half kidding with this one Mik. Let Manziel start, prove beyond a doubt he's total garbage, Browns go 1-15. "With the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Browns select Cardale Jones, quarterback Ohio State."

many a team has done that. i think it would have to be checked off from the owner down for some of these guys to keep their jobs if that happened.

who knows what these guys have up their sleeves. look what it got indy when they tanked.

Archived