THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

JAFBF

Hit my quote limit on the above message ?

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · Feb 17 Marcus Mariota & Brett Hundley almost identical on 3rd down this year: MM: 60-91 (65.9%) 4:1 TD:INT ratio BH: 60-91 (65.9%) 5:1 TD:INT ratio

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 23h 23 hours ago TE Maxx Williams has said he has official meetings with the Browns, Broncos and several others

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 3h 3 hours ago WR Nelson Agholor has met with only one team: Cleveland Browns

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd run out and get the UHD curved joint from samsung.

I don't get the whole "curved" thing... not like I watch a lot of Cinerama...

Look it up kids...

Some quick tidbits of interest :

Uh oh :

Pettine on Shanahan :

Hmmmm :

Why is it every non-MKC tweet is attributed to a major figure in the Browns organization, but hers not so much?

Posted Yesterday, 04:45 PM

Agholor is a 4th round receiver I've been wondering about. tiam

Agholor will go higher than that after the combine. Think more like at least late second round.

He's quite a player, just not a first rounder... imhso.

Why is it every non-MKC tweet is attributed to a major figure in the Browns organization, but hers not so much?

She usually brings up the tail end after everyone else has reported it, but she gets a scoop every once in a while.

Several others confirmed her posts, I just came across hers first so went with that.

Starting to look like they're targeting mid to late WR's - missed this one yesterday :

Aaron WilsonVerified account @RavensInsider Stefon Diggs says he has met with the Ravens and Redskins and Browns

QB for yesterday missed as well :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 20h 20 hours ago UCLA QB Brett Hundley said he has met w #Browns at combine.

Wow . . . :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 20h 20 hours ago Baylor QB Bryce Petty said Senior Bowl was 1st time he experienced what a play call was.

Short piece on OL Bowie :

Dawg Pound Journal: Michael Bowie could compete for starting spot at right tackle

Posted 1 hour ago

kevin_jones_60px.jpg Kevin Jones Staff Writer @Mr_KevinJones Facebook

Former Seattle Seahawk started 8 games in 2013

022015_bowie_576.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS – Some NFL draft analysts milling around the NFL Combine have been keen on the Browns selecting a right tackle with one of their two selections in the first round.

Coach Mike Pettine said current right tackle Mitchell Schwartzicon-article-link.gif had some plays he wanted to take back, but overall had a solid year.

Pettine didn’t shoot down upgrading the position, and he went out of his way to remind the media the Browns have stashed away a player who could end up being a starter: Michael Bowieicon-article-link.gif.

“We got him from Seattle,” Pettine reminded reporters. “He had his shoulder operated on and he sat out the whole year. We’re very interested to see what he brings to the table. Whether he can give us some depth there or compete for a starting position.”

The Seahawks had hoped to keep Bowie but the Browns plucked him back in August. The 6-foot-5, 320-pounder started eight games for Seattle in 2013, the year the franchise won the Super Bowl. Bowie is regarded as a staunch, athletic run blocker.

“We want guys to come in and push to make us better as a football team,” Browns general manager Ray Farmer said.

Bowie is entering his third season from Northeastern State (Okla.)

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Dawg-Pound-Journal-Michael-Bowie-could-compete-for-starting-spot-at-right-tackle/c59cafbe-1da3-4f27-a6b1-2d97b18b3b78

(Another) Red Flag ? :

No QB, DL depleted, WR's out . . . where's this coming from ? :

Post may be more appropriate here...

The mid round WR I'm intrigued by is the kid from E. Carolina, Justin Hardy. And my "who's that WR", Combine moment was provided by Chris Conley.

Of the RBs Ameer Abdullah impressed and Matt Jones reinforced my FB conversion vision for him.

Post may be more appropriate here...

I haven't watched Hardy, but I've heard good things. I'll try to watch some on him this week.

We might not be in the market for a RB but its hard not to enjoying envisioning getting Abdullah the ball in space. Kid is a special talent.

What the heck is up with all these QB's that can't call a play in the huddle?? thanks NCAA, Manziel had no clue at this all preseason with no head in the books, Who's next?? Bortle's and Carr give Hope.. 12 or 19 where does Hundley fall and Maxx fall, interesting?? No needs at 19? Still may want to get to picks 11 and 12 or 12 and 13..(Give up pick 19 and a 2nd rounder) but not for Maxx I would not think. Like mid round WR, still like Hobart Kid at OL.But where the hell is the run stopper??

More of a case of haven't than can't to my mind. So much hurry-up, many College QBs haven't been asked to call plays in the huddle. Of more concern to me are their lack practice in making sight adjustments with those coming from the sidelines as well.

Hundley has been projected as a second rounder; Maxx late first or 2nd. IMO either would be a terrible waste of a mid 1st, let alone both...

What I got from this combine, in regards to wide receivers: I have completely bought into the Amari Cooper hype. I like him more than Kevin White, and with Kevin White's stock at an all time high, I actually believe there's chance he'll still be there come pick #12.

What do you guys think about Amari Cooper @ 12?

What I got from this combine, in regards to wide receivers: I have completely bought into the Amari Cooper hype. I like him more than Kevin White, and with Kevin White's stock at an all time high, I actually believe there's chance he'll still be there come pick #12.

That depends on if Shelton is available.

If Cooper is there Shelton will be gone. Then you have to ask if Brown will still be there at 19.

If Shelton is gone, yes - I take Cooper. At 19 Brown won't be available. I'd trade out of the 1st round at that point. I'll take any combination of Carl Davis, then Orchard, Michael Bennett or the nex best DE/T available in the 2nd.

What the heck is up with all these QB's that can't call a play in the huddle?? thanks NCAA, Manziel had no clue at this all preseason with no head in the books, Who's next?? Bortle's and Carr give Hope.. 12 or 19 where does Hundley fall and Maxx fall, interesting?? No needs at 19? Still may want to get to picks 11 and 12 or 12 and 13..(Give up pick 19 and a 2nd rounder) but not for Maxx I would not think. Like mid round WR, still like Hobart Kid at OL.But where the hell is the run stopper??

A few days old, but this speaks to it :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/20/bruce-arians-nfl-can-be-overwhelming-for-quarterbacks-who-didnt-huddle-in-college/

“Seeing the guys coming out of the systems now where the coach holds a card up, the players line up, he kicks his foot and they play football — the hardest thing for them is to get into a huddle and call a play,” Arians said. “They’re stuttering, they’re stammering, the guys around them don’t believe in them. That’s that leadership thing. That’s the hardest thing for these young quarterbacks who play in these systems…they have to learn how to play quarterback at this level and sometimes that’s overwhelming.”

There's another thread on here about McCoy going to the Bills and Alonso going to the Eagles . . .

Rumor . . . crazy ramblings . . . I don't know, maybe just mumbling to myself . . . Foles & Alonso to Browns for 1st Rounder(s), and Mariota to Eagles in Draft.

It's out there floating around the Net.

Crazy times

It's called "draft fever"...

Don't ya love it?

I've been heading in exactly the opposite direction the last couple weeks.

I like Cooper... a lot. But I find myself convinced that we've seen his best. And while that best is damn good, 1st-round good... great even, I feel as if White has more upside.

Here is a link to Bill Polian's ESPN Free Agent Tracker. He ranks each FA out there. While some of this looks good....I see one particular head scratcher.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?page=4&year=2015&type=-1

Here are the ranks of the Browns Free agents:

Jordan Cameron 35

Brian Hoyer 92

Jabal Sheard 122

Mile Austin 122

Johnson Bademosi 160

Shaun Draughn 239

Sion Fua 265

and the head scratcher:

Tashaun Gipson 275 with a D grade.

Polian is usually pretty good, but I don't know what he was smoking there. It is not a question of the fact that Gipson is a Restricted FA. He has other RFA sranked highly. Could it be the fact that he was injured for the latter portion of the year? I don't know.

But, for the Browns not to be very "active" they do need to replace what they lose in my opinion.

And on that note, where he has Hoyer ranked #92, Josh McCown is ranked #102. (so, fair enough there)

That does seem low for the way he's played the last 2 years, though I'd think that a major knee surgery has everything to do with it.....

He's fairly damaged goods right now, so until he returns and shows he can play, then the lower value makes some sense...

That works to our advantage, I do believe....

One of the better speculation articles I've read lately. This one is on which big FA best fits where.. starting with DeMarco Murray to Indy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476527/article/what-are-the-best-freeagent-fits

Rumors that are easing my mind a little about us not going all out for Mariota (we'll be outbid - I hope) :

Eagles @EaglesFanTalk · 20h 20 hours ago I've seen a few reports mentioning the #Eagles are in talks with the Bucs for the #1 overall pick... Where there's smoke there's fire..?

Followed by :

Eagles @EaglesFanTalk · 20h 20 hours ago Rumor: #Eagles get: #1 pick, and Mike Evans. #Bucs get: Nick Foles, Eagles 1-3 rounds this and next year. And rounds 1-2 in 2017. Jesus.

Plus

NFL Draft Rumors: Eagles will trade with Jets for Marcus Mariota

http://fansided.com/2015/03/04/nfl-draft-rumors-eagles-will-trade-with-jets-for-marcus-mariota/

Storm's a brewin' :

Wow... talk about mortgaging a franchise's future...

With that kind of package the Bucs can be generous with the Titans for their #2 and still land Jameis with Buc picks left over.

The Chip-father...

Wow... talk about mortgaging a franchise's future...

With that kind of package the Bucs can be generous with the Titans for their #2 and still land Jameis with Buc picks left over.

The Chip-father...

Mortgaging a future for a QB that will be put in an offense that could expose him to injury. So.... that's always fun.

Mortgaging a future for a QB that will be put in an offense that could expose him to injury. So.... that's always fun.

Exactly... makes me think Chip is some kind of thrill-seeking, adrenaline junkie.

Exactly... makes me think Chip is some kind of thrill-seeking, adrenaline junkie.

He just believes in his system, good for him. His genius offense has net him zero playoffs wins and if it wasn't for facing the Big10's 2nd best team - probably wouldn't have any Rose Bowl wins under that system as well.

In all seriousness, teams at most may only utilize the read on 8% of their run plays - but when you present your QB as a ball carrier, the defense CAN hit him regardless if he has the ball or not.

Archived