THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

JAFBF

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio.com reporting that Browns had a Breakfast Meeting with one Ali Marpet on Friday AM. Which more than likely they feed the Kid before watching his Pro Day. Um Um Good :D. That should seal the deal Food...

Maybe the plan was to stuff him and slow him down...

Anybody have any possible steals from rounds 5-7 this year ?

Good question... Time for the annual sleeper thread.

and Matt Schaub is now out there (just cut by raiders)........almost have to think he looks pretty good about now....

Cut the key word and green light and Flip should make the call if his arm is not dead.. It really can't be this hard to upgrade from a Hoyer is it?? Accuracy is a main concern after watching 5yrd. overthrows to wide opens. No dead Arms or Legs or go Draft..

I think Schaub will, but it won't be going into camp. However, come mid-October some team will be desperate enough and Matt's phone will ring.

Work the sidelines. Short, high percentage passing. I could see it.

Agree and you'd never see a truer representation of Chip's read-option offense than if Timmy was brought in...

Only real question would be, why did Chip wait until now?

Hmmmm.

Don't remember if I dropped this nugget a month or so back . . . but there's a Rumor floating that Browns are going to move Manziel.

A bit more's coming out now, so if not here's some high speculation.

Prime suspect is Tampa . . . could the Browns really be positioning themselves to grab the #1 from Tampa?

I sure hope not.

Could be a QB for QB type deal (Glennon) . . . as another Rumor has TB lining a new QB . . .

Dicey situation if true, but it is the Silly Season.

. . . a little more fuel to this fire :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341210/article/bucs-lovie-smith-says-johnny-manziels-style-can-work-in-nfl

Bumping this as rumors on this seem to be heating up a bit . . .

Bumping this as rumors on this seem to be heating up a bit . . .

What bullcrap. WTF are the Browns going to do to move up to get the #1 pick? Give them both our #1s this year plus JMZ?

Would you do that if you were TB? Hell no. What else would we have to give? A #1 next year? 4 first round picks?

Do you really think the Bucs are not going to be all in on taking Winston?

Do you think either side would do that.

Since this is St. Patrick's Day, I say it is all Blarney.

Ha....JFF rumors heating up......here is the progression of that media fabrication...

First there was this article a day or so ago.....and it said Johnny "must demand a trade to maintain his career"////(link below)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20150316-columnist-johnny-manziel-must-demand-trade-or-his-career-will-be-dead.ece

Then a day later....the headlines read...Jff should request trade....

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_columnist_johnny_manziel_should_request_trade_from_browns/18468491

Then a day later....the headlines read...Manziel "to" demand trade.......

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/33216/20150317/johnny-manziel-news-cleveland-browns-quarterback-to-demand-trade-following-exit-from-rehab-video.htm

I say this "current" buzz is just more media twisted bs...

Ha....JFF rumors heating up......here is the progression of that media fabrication...

First there was this article a day or so ago.....and it said Johnny "must demand a trade to maintain his career"////(link below)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20150316-columnist-johnny-manziel-must-demand-trade-or-his-career-will-be-dead.ece

Then a day later....the headlines read...Jff should request trade....

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_columnist_johnny_manziel_should_request_trade_from_browns/18468491

Then a day later....the headlines read...Manziel "to" demand trade.......

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/33216/20150317/johnny-manziel-news-cleveland-browns-quarterback-to-demand-trade-following-exit-from-rehab-video.htm

I say this "current" buzz is just more media twisted bs...

Why in fucking hell does anyone think that Johnny Football is in any position to demand anything?

Id be curious who the source is for these heating rumors?.....got any links?

Not really anything specific, some random Twitter pundits inferring some things going on.

Probably not as solid as the pending Banner/Lombardi firing I posted last year, but it may have the potential to be.

Manziel's still in rehab so nothing is likely to happen until he's out.

After that, keep an eye open.

There are also some other QB options being mentioned for the Browns, some could be intriguing.

Here's a nice little feel good article on the DL Stark signing :

“I told Ray, ‘I don’t know if Randy’s name is going to come up in the conversation, but if it does, I’m telling you he’s our type of guy,’” Dansby said in an interview Tuesday with ClevelandBrowns.com.

The phone conversations didn’t just stop there, though.

Dansby called Starks directly, gushing to his former teammate about coach Mike Pettine and defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil’s defensive system, how the culture in Cleveland has changed, how Starks legitimately could become that one versatile piece on the defensive line Cleveland missed in 2014.

The pitch worked.

Starks signed a two-year deal with the Browns on Monday to bolster the Browns’ defensive line. Starks cited Dansby’s message as a reason he considered Cleveland to be the most attractive destination.

“I know what Randy can bring to the table, and I know what we we’re looking for,” Dansby said. “I told him, ‘Bro, we need your services.’ I know that we needed a lineman that could play every position within the defense – and he fit the bill. He’s been doing this his whole career.

“He’s a hard worker and he’s a leader. He’s just the perfect fit for what we are trying to do and the direction we’re going.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Karlos-Dansby-explains-how-he-helped-recruit-Randy-Starks-to-Cleveland-/5ec4ceeb-23bf-4a5c-856c-200c60b86030

I like the Player, just wish he was a bit younger, we've been trading a lot of youth for old age lately.

We are slowly but surely cleaning house.

Some of the Players we're losing I kinda hate too see go, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Players recruiting players is big news...

As for a JM trade to TB... can we get it done by Spring Break? :)

Players recruiting players is big news...

As for a JM trade to TB... can we get it done by Spring Break? :)

Actually the whole story is pretty cool - really like the mentality of Starks (according to Dansby).

Yeah, Spring Break could be kind of scary, especially considering his Girlfriend and Sister recently posted some pics with them drinking . . . will make life hard on Johnny.

A parting teaser on a QB (I've been a bit sparse the last few weeks) :

“There is one potentially available QB that whether the receiver was 5 yds out or 50 yds down-field, the ball would be on the receiver.”…...

Sorry . . . . I don't know right off who this is either . . . . but it's from a pretty good source.

Theoretical (however it shows us the direction Farmer may have tried to take us, and I LOVE it)

Trades (that were rumored):

Pick 19 for Sam Bradford, QB

Trade picks 4b and 6a for Larry Fitzgerald, WR

Free Agency:

Keep the same

Draft (something like this):

12) Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky

- Can rotate in on both sides. Size similar to Kruger and Speed similar to Mingo.

43) Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

- Would step in as a Day 1 starter and would provide a physical, athletic presence.

77) Cedric Ogbuehi, RT, Texas A&M

- Grab a talented player who essentially could "redshirt" this upcoming year

4a) MyCole Pruitt, TE/FB, Southern Illinois

- The Browns have a need at both slots and Pruitt could fill the role Marcel Reece did last year with the Raiders

5) Clayton Geathers, S, UCF

- Heady safety who has excellent size and athleticism. Always around the ball.

6B) Joey Mbu, DT, Houston

- Mbu has the frame to develop into a Nose Tackle. Not very athletic, but broad and strong.

7) DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech

- Another talented player that is drafted for the future. Tore his ACL in December and would likely sit out 2015 season.

The team with the addition of Bradford, Hartline, Starks, Fitzgerald, and Williams, along with the rookies would contend. I applaud Farmer for trying to trade for those two vets. Let's say this team would be a Wild Card in 2015. They would undoubtedly improve the following year with Gordon returning (having Fitz as the veteran mentor, he seriously needs) and decent cap flexibility (even taking in consideration Bradford's and Fitzgerald's cap numbers).

If the Browns are in a 3-4, and just signed a veteran DL, not a NT ...

I don't know. I'd think it's more like Shelton at 12.

But that ILB will go in the first round after the combine. He's a player the Browns

need. with his agility, maybe he could play any lb position in the 3-4?

I'd say, Shelton/Brown at 12.... and Stephone Anthony at 19.

then a 3rd round wr out of Georgia tech?, and a 2nd round OT.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2376101-stephone-anthony-could-be-the-2015-nfl-drafts-surprise-first-round-pick

There were a few rumours last night that Philip Rivers is available....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25111806/philip-rivers-plans-to-let-contract-expire-doesnt-sound-thrilled-with-la

If the Chargers move to Los Angeles in 2016, Philip Rivers might not be going with them.

Rivers has been in San Diego since being traded to the Chargers in the first-round of the 2004 NFL Draft, but he could on his way out after 2015 -- and there's several reasons for that.

For one, Rivers isn't sure he would want to play in Los Angeles if the team were to move there, which is now a definite possibility. Back in mid-February, the Chargers and Raidersannounced plans to build a $1.7 billion stadium in Carson, Calif.

A move would mean Rivers would have to uproot his wife and their seven children.

"What we've established here with my growing family is hard to recreate," Rivers told U-T San Diego on Tuesday. "It's hard to up and recreate that. I know that moves are part of life. But that certainly is fair to say that (not being sold on moving to Los Angeles) is part of it. The good thing is I'm not under contract in a year where we'd potentially be in Los Angeles."

Rivers is right about not being under contract and that's the other reason he could be leaving the Chargers soon: His contract expires after the 2015 and he doesn't sound like someone who has any plans to sign an extension.

UT-San Diego specifically asked Rivers if his plans were to play out his contract and let it expire.

"Yes," Rivers said. "What I can control and all I know as of today, I am signed up for one more year. I guess things could change, but with all the uncertainty in many aspects, I don't see it changing before camp gets here, and when camp gets here I'm even more certain to play it out."

If Rivers doesn't work out an extension, there's also the possibility he could be traded.

Chargers general manager Tom Telesco was asked if Rivers might be on the trading block and Telesco answered the question without answering the question. He didn't say yes or no.

"I don't like Philip as our QB, I love him," Telesco wrote in a text to U-T San Diego. "And I'll go to war with him."

If Telesco really does "love" Rivers as the Chargers quarterback, then he can keep Rivers with the team. If the two sides can't work out a contract extension, the Chargers could hit Rivers with the franchise tag, a move that would cost almost $21 million.

Rivers is scheduled to make $17.4 million in 2015, in what will be the final year of the contract extension he signed in August 2009.

Brandon Scherff and Maxx Williams in the first round?

Archived