THE BROWNS BOARD

Football Gameplan's 2015 NFL Mock Draft Video - January

EmDiggy

Thanks Gang! Hmmm…I almost had Shelton falling to you guys (which would be ideal) but I couldn't figure out SF…should I go NT or CB? Judging by their depth & age at position, I decided to go there. But Shelton in CLE would make too much sense

I don't understand the obsession over Randy Gregory. When I watched him he struggled to disengage his blocks, didn't vary his pass rush moves well and had questionable burst.

I realize I don't make six figures scouting, but it wouldn't be the first time I was underwhelmed with a 1st round projection and turning out to be right.

edit: A few other thoughts.

I like the thinking of Leonard Williams to Oakland. I'm sure Charles Woodson would approve getting some help on defense.

Landon Collins to Chi-town? Correct me if I'm wrong, that would tie with the highest safety drafted in the last 20 years (Mark Barron) Chicago goes pass rusher there all the way.

Especially when they get a look at Shane Rey's combine numbers.

Vick Beasley is interesting to Atlanta. He's not stranger to dropping into coverage but not as much as he might be ask on 1st and 2nd down playing @ the WILL.

Lets pretend the Bears go with Collins, not a chance Rey makes it past Atlanta. Especially as a player with more experience having his hand in the ground and a bit more appropriate size for all the 4 down looks they give.

Shaq Thompson to the Rams? Is their LB core THAT bad? They have The Animal and OgleTree. Considering its a team starved for offensive playmakers, Kevin White wouldn't shock me there. If They do pick up Thompson and he plays at a level he's shown for UDub, getting Chris Long back might make them the best defense in the league.

Lastly, I can't stressed how pissed I'd be if the Browns take Goldman over Malcolm Brown.

These projections are all pre-combine and med screening, so its beyond guess work at this point, I applaud anyone willing to put time into a full round mock.

I love the picks, it would be great if Shelton fell to the Browns at 18. I think the Browns need

the wr at 12. It's time, and it's a gigantic need.

And White fits the bill.

A lot of mocks have him coming to us at 12 - why not take him there?

I didn't like him at 12 enough and would've possibly lost White before the 2nd pick.

I love the picks, it would be great if Shelton fell to the Browns at 18. I think the Browns need

the wr at 12. It's time, and it's a gigantic need.

And White fits the bill.

Thanks! Outside of White, who do you like?

I really like Jaelen Strong, Devonte Parker...

And Nelson Abholor in the later second round, if we traded,

which will be in my stupid mock draft eventually....

well, it's way, way too early, and my first mock draft is so stupid...

it isn't deserving of it's own thread, so I'm going to make Emdig's draft

look even more intelligent....

Calfox's Stupid Browns mock draft 2015
1.A. Kevin White
Because he will be an immediate Kenny Britt type
wr his first year with the Browns. I'm copying
Emdig's pick. White will be gone by their next pick at 19..
If White is gone, expect the next pick to be
Jaelen Strong. You heard it here first, in my
stupid mock draft.
1.B. Bernardrick McKinney, ILB/OLB 6-5, 249
Yes, he's tall, Jack Lambert was too, so jimmycrack corn and I don't care. He will be great.
2. Hau'Oli Kikaha, 3-4 OLB, 6-3, 246, 4.7 forty
He's spectacular, incredibly quick, PASS RUSH, disruptive. He may not even fall this far.
3. Jordan Phillips, NT, 6-6,334, 5.21 forty
I'm not that keen on the LSU guy, but I like this pick better than Shelton.
4A Cole Manhart, OT, 6-5, 308. Sleeper, Nebraska-Kearney
I'd describe him as a poor man's small school, blue collar Joe Thomas.
4B I don't know.. kick returner?
5. Justin Manton, K
Oh, sure, but the best kicker, when the other teams will nab
him in the 6th round? Or the late fifth... he will end up one of, if not the,
best kickers in the NFL. It will be a huge addition.

Archived