THE BROWNS BOARD

Rebuilding an offense... again

thenew23

Unfortunately with the debacle at the quarterback position and lack of any real talent at the skill positions in free agency there isn't much rebuilding that can be done offensively. I think the best bet on that side of the ball is continuing to build a strong and deep offensive line and hope you are able to throw the ball enough to keep defenses from loading up the box.

man...people/women/kids.....the sky ain't falling. if mack coulda stayed healthy all year we prob be 2+ wins better in the W-L column and all people could bitch about is new contracts to a TE and a QB.

as people have said west sat cuz he sat the ball on the turf as did crowell. anyone of our RBs could leave and i wouldn't be mad. show me a dude in so. central sligging crack and i'll show you the next HOF RB. the browns need OL help LIKE I"VE BEEN SAYING FOr the last 3 years on the FUCKING right side. i know people likt ot defend schwartz but give it up, the dude is a bum. i don't care about %s and shit, what i see is what i knwo and the right side has been a sieve for yearsnow. then a backup center and the next up-and-comer OT cuz JT ain't getting any younger.

this of course AFTER we draft the best 2 DL 1 and 2.

I think why you see people with little hope for 2015 is a downgrade at QB and the out of conference schedule.

2014 beat Saints (terrible), Titans (horrible), Raiders (maybe worse than the Browns), Bucs (see last comment) & Falcons (horrible year)

2014 lost to Jags (enough said), Texans (non-playoff team) & Panthers (playoff team) and the Jags and Texans throttled us.

5 of the Browns 7 wins came in close games against shit teams.

2015 non-conference schedule Denver, Oakland, Arizona, San Fran, Tennessee, Kansas City, St. Louis, Seattle and the Jets. 6 of those 8 games will be against superior teams and we will need to win at least 5 if we go .500 in the division.

I think why you see people with little hope for 2015 is a downgrade at QB and the out of conference schedule.

2014 beat Saints (terrible), Titans (horrible), Raiders (maybe worse than the Browns), Bucs (see last comment) & Falcons (horrible year)

2014 lost to Jags (enough said), Texans (non-playoff team) & Panthers (playoff team) and the Jags and Texans throttled us.

5 of the Browns 7 wins came in close games against shit teams.

2015 non-conference schedule Denver, Oakland, Arizona, San Fran, Tennessee, Kansas City, St. Louis, Seattle and the Jets. 6 of those 8 games will be against superior teams and we will need to win at least 5 if we go .500 in the division.

Non-conference schedule doesn't mean sh**. We need to win games within the division...

1 - Sign Locker, Mallett, or Hoyer with a plan to start them. They compete with Manziel and Shaw. Also, draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th (Grayson, Hundley, Mannion, or Petty) in case none of these guys can stay healthy or develop.

2 - Sign a competent WR like Shorts, T.Smith, or Britt. Draft a WR, really anywhere. I would consider using a 1st rounder on WR, but there are many competent guys throughout the draft. The important things are 1) Bringing somebody in with some height, and 2) Getting a down-field threat...

3 - Get a TE. If we decide not to keep Cameron, we need to make a push at a starting TE like Clay or J.Thomas. I'd like to see us draft a decent TE prospect as well.

4 - We need to get a 6th lineman for depth in case of injury. I'd love to sign Orlando Franklin or Iupati so we could demote Greco or Schwartz to our 6th lineman, BUT I wouldn't make it a priority. Other than those two, there really isn't much FA talent that would be an obvious upgrade, or worth the investment. I think we could use a pick or two on some G/T prospects, but I'd rather we find a deep prospect than use an early pick. We already have 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder on our line so we have already invested heavily on the guys we have, and they were a damn-near elite unit before Mack went down. The key is finding somebody with versatility.

5 - Bring in a veteran RB to work alongside our 3 young horses, and for Pete's sake get a FB on the roster...

4 Draft picks, and 4 Free Agents

Fixed...

Non-conference schedule doesn't mean sh**. We need to win games within the division...

Unfortunately they do when we have historically been last in the division, although we did finish 3rd in 2010.

Every team in our league has a QB with playoff experience and two have won Super Bowls.

1 - Sign Locker, Mallett, or Hoyer with a plan to start them. They compete with Manziel and Shaw. Also, draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th (Grayson, Hundley, Mannion, or Petty) in case none of these guys can stay healthy or develop.

2 - Sign a competent WR like Shorts, T.Smith, or Britt. Draft a WR, really anywhere. I would consider using a 1st rounder on WR, but there are many competent guys throughout the draft. The important things are 1) Bringing somebody in with some height, and 2) Getting a down-field threat...

3 - Get a TE. If we decide not to keep Cameron, we need to make a push at a starting TE like Clay or J.Thomas. I'd like to see us draft a decent TE prospect as well.

4 - We need to get a 6th lineman for depth in case of injury. I'd love to sign Orlando Franklin or Iupati so we could demote Greco or Schwartz to our 6th lineman, BUT I wouldn't make it a priority. Other than those two, there really isn't much FA talent that would be an obvious upgrade, or worth the investment. I think we could use a pick or two on some G/T prospects, but I'd rather we find a deep prospect than use an early pick. We already have 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder on our line so we have already invested heavily on the guys we have, and they were a damn-near elite unit before Mack went down. The key is finding somebody with versatility.

5 - Bring in a veteran RB to work alongside our 3 young horses, and for Pete's sake get a FB on the roster...

4 Draft picks, and 4 Free Agents

Fixed...

Sessler that you?

I think we're going to have a hellofa draft this year. We're much better prepared for it than last year when we had a new coach and GM. Yes, we have plenty of needs on the Offense starting with the QB and WR. These need to be addressed in FA and the draft. I don't think we need to sign a FA OL or RB but I can see these positions taken in the draft - especially O-Line (I can see an early pick here and another one taken with a late rounder).

Give West the damn ball. Fuckers keep sitting him cause he boasts they need to give him the ball. Afraid that he's right. T.o boasted he was the talent so give him the ball too. Ya know what he was right and everyone hated him for it.

When the O line went bad West wanted to dance in the backfield. Crow was one cut and turn the ball up with power. Still would love to see a big lead Blocking FB in front of either one of them (Varga ??)

Yup... Crow is a one-cut guy and we were without a one-cut line mid-season.

get Cam Erving any where on the line at any time or their gone.

I keep seeing Cam listed as a prospective Center, but can only find tape on him at OT, mostly LT. Anyone know what's up with that??? Anyone have a link to any tape of him at Center?

All I know is that at OT he looks long and gangly and those are not exactly qualities you'd list for interior guys.

That said, he was an effective, if not pretty, OT for FSU.

I keep seeing Cam listed as a prospective Center, but can only find tape on him at OT, mostly LT. Anyone know what's up with that??? Anyone have a link to any tape of him at Center?

All I know is that at OT he looks long and gangly and those are not exactly qualities you'd list for interior guys.

Was just reading about him - long time LT, transitioned to C towards the end of the season and was outstanding, apparently.

A Cleveland guy who went to Mount Union. I am liking him as a FA. He could be a solid WR2 in the right system and with a decent QB. He has missed 8 games in 3 years as a starter due to injuries, but when he's played in 3 years he's put up:

174 catches for 2313 yards and 11 TDs which is

58 for 771 and 3.6 TD's per year as a starter...

I don't know much about his effort, severity of injuries, etc... I wonder what he might cost in FA??

This has been thrown around here for a little while now. Sounds like a good idea, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he can be had for reasonable cost.

Yeah, there are a lot of big name WRs that are going to be had - Thomas, Cobb, Bryant, Welker, Nicks, Wayne, Crabtree, Britt, Maclin, Smith, so most teams in need of a WR can pick up a decent guy, driving the price down for most (apart from Bryant who will be tagged).

I believe he had to shift to C at Cuse towards end of season and I know they got blown out in there bowl game but not on him. Cam was blowing people 5 yrds. down field from C, check it out and thanks, Enjoy. Check feet on pass protect read that's his only knock..

Archived