THE BROWNS BOARD

DeVante Parker, nay or yay?

stillmotion

Screw all the talk of not drafting another wide receiver until late this year. We need an A.J. Green.... A Odell Beckham, an Antonio Brown, A Calvin Johnson. A big-name player who's most importantly, A.) Trustworthy/Reliable B.) Big and Fast C.) Clutch.

Parker is 6'3 211 and ran a 4.39 40 yard dash. He played six games and caught 43 Passes for 855 yards and 5 TDs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2337730-why-the-cleveland-browns-absolutely-must-draft-devante-parker

I'm not saying to trade up to take anybody, but if we can get an elite WR early in the draft, we should do so.

OLine and DLine are huge needs, but we need depth on both. I'd rather grab a stud WR in the first round than another DT.

Gordon can't be trusted, might be gone, and we don't need to draft Dorial Green-Beckham. God could only imagine him, Manziel, and Gordon together.

Sure it would be nice to sign Cecil Shorts and have him, Taylor Gabriel, and Benjamin get the job done.... But lets get a real threat.

AND a TE/FB in the draft. Who's with me?

I would love the pick - it depends on his injury history/status.

He is quite a player though. Whichever of the two - White or Parker,

who is better at getting off the los and is quick/elusive and can burst out

of his breaks.

And Maxx Williams has future all pro written all over him.

Nay. Pick1 and 2.. Chris Borland ish LB and Vince Wilfolk ish NT at pick 77 WR Tyler Lockett fits our Non accurate QB's. A homerun WR does us no good when we can only hit on Bunts :)

Except it's a draft deep in OT's, and lb's.

I can see going Shelton, Goldman, or Phillips with

one of the top three picks, and a wr with the other pick...

and an outstanding OT in the second round.

If they do choose to draft WR in the 1st I hope it's him. I watched a few games of this guy and it was incredible how good his skills were. I can't recall if it was their bowl game or not, but it was one of those situations where it was: "line up outside and you're getting the ball". They would double him and he'd still just go up and get it. I don't do comparisons but it reminded me of when Larry Fitz was at Pitt.

Not me...

Maybe if I saw Parker in the class of the four WRs you listed, but I don't and there are scouts that do not as well. By some accounts Parker is more of a possession type #2 than a #1, in other words he's a bigger Hawkins, but still a Hawkins and not the guy you think he is.

Despite the broken toe that kept him out early in the season, at least I do not have the injury concerns with him that I have with 3 of your dream 4.

He's a good WR, but there was a reason he went back for his Sr. year even after a stellar 2013 performance. He quite likely would not have been a first rounder in the class of 2014.

As for FB and TE... sure... but not Maxx. Other than being shorter, lighter and slower than Gronk, yes, Maxx is just like Gronk. There are plenty of better TE values in the draft including some promising hybrids that could fill both roles for us.

Screw all the talk of not drafting another wide receiver until late this year. We need an A.J. Green.... A Odell Beckham, an Antonio Brown, A Calvin Johnson. A big-name player who's most importantly, A.) Trustworthy/Reliable B.) Big and Fast C.) Clutch.

Parker is 6'3 211 and ran a 4.39 40 yard dash. He played six games and caught 43 Passes for 855 yards and 5 TDs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2337730-why-the-cleveland-browns-absolutely-must-draft-devante-parker

I'm not saying to trade up to take anybody, but if we can get an elite WR early in the draft, we should do so.

OLine and DLine are huge needs, but we need depth on both. I'd rather grab a stud WR in the first round than another DT.

Gordon can't be trusted, might be gone, and we don't need to draft Dorial Green-Beckham. God could only imagine him, Manziel, and Gordon together.

Sure it would be nice to sign Cecil Shorts and have him, Taylor Gabriel, and Benjamin get the job done.... But lets get a real threat.

Devante Parker is a lot slower since his injury. He's not strong either. He's reliable, but lacks the explosion in his breaks. In short, he's nothing like Calvin Johnson. I'd rather take a chance on Dorial Green-Beckham before drafting Parker.

I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.

And Kiper has the best job in sports and his Mock's are under 30%. Trust the Weatherman over Mel :lol:

I wouldn't be upset, but to be honest I think WR is about 4th or 5th on our needs priority list. I'd place improving our pass rush, run defense, and interior O-line play above needs at receiver....we can possibly debate the next highest need.

I think we look to re-sign Austin and sign a receiver like Shorts in FA and hold off on drafting a WR until rounds 4-5.

And Kiper has the best job in sports and his Mock's are under 30%. Trust the Weatherman over Mel :lol:

No way he is that accurate... Is he?

Seriously... 30% accuracy in a full, 7-round draft would be fucking awesome, Nostradamus grade shit...

Farmer will stick to the board, which isn't even close to complete yet.

Honestly, I see him looking for mid-late round value picks and smart FA additions at the WR position.

Who knows, maybe Parker will be Farmer's BPA in a few months, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

By "the chart" which is disputed since the new CBA and rookie wage scale...

Pick 19 is worth 875.

Pick 11 = 1250 so need 375 or roughly our 3rd and top 4th

Pick 13 = 1150 so need 275 or roughly our 3rd and 2nd 4th

Pick 11 is Vikings, Listed needs OT (Schwartz),RB,CB (Desir, Gilbert) and WR. Is Gordon tradeable on suspended list?? Might be worth call and they may say no, but 2016 is coming. No chance till Josh stay's clean in 2015, but I am dumb enough to try it, if tradeable.. Pick 13 Saints, Listed needs CB (ditto above), PR (Benjamin) and QB. Sean Payton way to smart, but here's Johnny, all they say is no, maybe. Love to sit at 12 and 19. Just a last option, with probably no chance but Picks 11 and 12 or 12 and 13 our there, but it takes both teams and Eli and Rivers happened..

Archived