THE BROWNS BOARD

Would You Be Tempted?

TexasAg1969

To take either Gurley or Gordon at #19 (assuming at least 1 is still there) if we had either Shelton or Dupree at #12 already?

After all we are a run oriented team and there is no one else close to these two IMHO. Decent WRs will still be there in rd 2 and 3, just not the 3-4 best.

What would you do as GM?

NO.

A. you have West, Crowell, and the "new" kid, Winston... the relatively minimal

gain is certainly not worth a #1 pick.

B. Too many other serious gains needed in other positions.

C. It's an excellent draft for rb's. Meaning, considering "A." and "B."...it is NO.

NO.

A. you have West, Crowell, and the "new" kid, Winston... the relatively minimal

gain is certainly not worth a #1 pick.

B. Too many other serious gains needed in other positions.

C. It's an excellent draft for rb's. Meaning, considering "A." and "B."...it is NO.

Eggsactly! We got an undrafted kid like Crow that was averaging over 5 yards a carry when our offensive line was 100% healthy. Our 3rd round pick West also grew on me as the season went on. Not only that, but I think what he showed me the few times he got the chance is he can be a pretty good receiver out of the backfield if our next OC likes to throw to the backs more than our previous one. I think we missed some ideal opportunities in 2014 to exploit some empty/undisciplined zone transitions between the flats and hook zones via the wheel routes from RB.

Gurley was really exciting to watch in the SEC much like Marcus Lattimore was before his draft stock got blind sided with a brutal knee injury. I thought Gurley was going to be a tough guy to replace; but the next guy in line was more than ready to ace the challenge.

To take either Gurley or Gordon at #19 (assuming at least 1 is still there) if we had either Shelton or Dupree at #12 already?

After all we are a run oriented team and there is no one else close to these two IMHO. Decent WRs will still be there in rd 2 and 3, just not the 3-4 best.

What would you do as GM?

I wouldn't call us a run oriented team. I'd say its the best part of our team, but that could be by default or design. I have no clue what this team is trying to do. The JF thing set us back 5 years.

We need a QB in the second [Grayson] and DL/OL in the first.

Probably the single most relatively stocked position on the team is RB.. what was the motivation for this thread?

was womdering that myself. Of all the positions on the browns that need adressed right now...rb's and cb's aint them

CB (or at least DB) is probably the most used position on the team when you consider all the ST roles they fulfill. It has to be as deep as any group on the 53-man roster. We're losing a starter so at least one prospect is in order and there is good, Day 2 value in this draft at the position.

RB posts nowhere near the need numbers-wise, but at least three-deep with quality was vital for many more teams than just us in 2014. Supposedly we have a good, 3rd back in waiting, but yet to see proof of that, and last year we needed at least a 4th so we had three dressed.

There are definitely backs, corner and running, in this draft whose talent warrants inclusion in groupings of the top and 2nd tier players in this draft. They might have to end up being the last player(s) left on the board from that group for us to pick one (along with the phone siting silently), but if things broke where that was the case...

It's a scenario that has to be considered.

CB (or at least DB) is probably the most used position on the team when you consider all the ST roles they fulfill. It has to be as deep as any group on the 53-man roster. We're losing a starter so at least one prospect is in order and there is good, Day 2 value in this draft at the position.

Yep....we go 7 deep in some formations.....DB's seem to be what this D favors....

Ive been preaching Safety for a while now, as we need some....we have zero depth at FS and at SS......

I know Mack went down and that caused havoc, so now OL has become a priority....BUT if Whitner or Gipson go down, we could be in a world of hurt......

So, even though CB is being discussed.....Id say depth at safety is critical for this defense......

Now....Desir seems like a good prospect for FS and did some reps there last season, so maybe they have him on track for that, but I haven't heard them say that yet(if so, then CB does come into play)......and Leonards retirement means there is no one in line for SS(Bademosi aint it)

Archived