THE BROWNS BOARD

Legalize pot?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more like, with pot, you can make a horses' ass of yourself.

yes, with alcohol too, but that doesn't disease your lungs,

and the lungs of other people around you.....

you know what they say about ...

second-hand toke.....

and, the reality of it all is....

"So what parties might be interested in promoting legalization of marijuana? Perhaps foreign countries that are considering legalization themselves and ultimately feel it might be a valuable cash crop. They might do well to look at the experience of those that have legalized marijuana, and are now rethinking the wisdom of the move, because of the increase in crime. Then there are the domestic users, who no longer want to hide in the shadows. Often the debate on marijuana includes a large number of habitual users.
Lost in the narrative of those who promote marijuana usage are the consequences to society as a whole. Marijuana is known to impair judgment and compromise decision-making. What happens to citizens driving after smoking? What happens when employees show up to work still high? States that have legalized medical marijuana, such as Arizona and Oregon, are still trying to sort out this issue. What are the options for others unwillingly subjected to the stupefying second hand smoke that also is more damaging to cells and DNA than cigarette some? How much will the chances increase that teenagers will enter the drug culture? Studies have found marijuana hinders the development of teenage brains. Where medical marijuana has been approved, it has become clear many without a medical need have received the card.
Drug legalization promoters often prefer to dismiss these arguments, rather than acknowledging their validity. Legalizing marijuana sends our society down a slippery path based upon unfounded premises."

Just about everything listed there that's bad about pot can be said for alcohol. I see no justification for promoting one as a magical elixir and demonizing the other. The only reason pot is illegal is our willingness to go with the status quo and the negative connotation around it. I don't see how there is a case to keep it illegal.

Just about everything listed there that's bad about pot can be said for alcohol. I see no justification for promoting one as a magical elixir and demonizing the other. The only reason pot is illegal is our willingness to go with the status quo and the negative connotation around it. I don't see how there is a case to keep it illegal.

Nobody is promoting booze is a magical elixir it's just that it can't be stopped now. If the idea is to have more people fucked up more of the time then you might as well legalize everything. if I owned a factory I'd be happy to let my workers snort coke all day. dexedrine? Bring it on.

WSS

Nobody is promoting booze is a magical elixir it's just that it can't be stopped now. If the idea is to have more people fucked up more of the time then you might as well legalize everything. if I owned a factory I'd be happy to let my workers snort coke all day. dexedrine? Bring it on.

WSS

1) watch a commercial for alcohol

2) no one said the idea was to have more people fucked up more of the time

1) watch a commercial for alcohol

2) no one said the idea was to have more people fucked up more of the time

Well I assume you mean beer because boos commercials are banned. But besides advertising beer as a refreshing beverage what elixirlike benefits are listed?

So you think legalizing pot has a benefit other than more people getting fucked up more of the time?

WSS

I don't oppose legalization but in my experience pot smokers seem stupid her to me

But what is the cause and what is the effect?

Is the Pot responsible for making them 'stupid' or do 'stupid' kids tend to look for outlets such as Pot.

I continue to believe the legalization of Pot, or not, has its roots in Politics, rather than Medicine, etc. For one, I am not sure that legalizing ALL drugs will create more addicts that we already have. More casual users, perhaps, but so what?

To me, the article was unclear as to WHO was smoking the Pot - the two legged 'victim' or the four legged 'victim'.

Any way, Pot should be 100% legal, IMHO.

I am willing to reconsider my stance on all other drugs.

The War on Drugs. The War on Poverty. The War on Terrorism. Which one is working?

Well I assume you mean beer because boos commercials are banned. But besides advertising beer as a refreshing beverage what elixirlike benefits are listed?

So you think legalizing pot has a benefit other than more people getting fucked up more of the time?

WSS

Less people going to jail for minor crimes

More govt tax revenue

Bringing it out from "the shadows"

Etc

I just see no logical reason to ban weed but keep alcohol legal. The only difference is one is a huge industry with a huge lobby, and the other was made illegal by Retarded laws forever ago.

Weed will be legal everywhere eventually though. Just like gay marriage

Less people going to jail for minor crimes

More govt tax revenue

Bringing it out from "the shadows"

Etc

I just see no logical reason to ban weed but keep alcohol legal. The only difference is one is a huge industry with a huge lobby, and the other was made illegal by Retarded laws forever ago.

Weed will be legal everywhere eventually though. Just like gay marriage

Woody always goes gay no matter the subject matter.......

Weed will be legal everywhere eventually though.

I.....I......I....a.....a....ag........agr.....agree with Woody. There, I said it.

I also agree that there is no rational reason why I can drink a beer but not smoke a joint (I don't smoke it because I prefer beer and don't like smoke in my lungs).

I.....I......I....a.....a....ag........agr.....agree with Woody. There, I said it.

I also agree that there is no rational reason why I can drink a beer but not smoke a joint (I don't smoke it because I prefer beer and don't like smoke in my lungs).

:D

One of us!

John I think it's a little of both. smoking pot and getting drunk both make you stupid , but no matter what your vice I think the proponents tend to affect certain stereotypes. (foster Brooks? Cheech and Chong?) whether it's the loud braying drunk at the yacht club or the slack jaw weed head. like I've said before it's annoying rehearsing with pot smokers and drunks because it's almost a guarantee that whenever you figure it out will be forgotten by the next rehearsal. I don't know who drinks or smokes or whatever on this board, except that the wood man is reasonably straight as is his nemesis Cal.

Lots of people incorporate differing social Crusades into the fabric of their lives. it's just hard to take weed all that seriously.

WSS

Lots of people incorporate differing social Crusades into the fabric of their lives. it's just hard to take weed all that seriously.

Like I said, I never was all that interested due to the smoke, itself, and my penchant for drinking beer. (I do drink beer, you know).

I find it crazy that booze is legal and Pot isn't but I think I have a handle on the Political and Economic underpinnings of both.

Either way, it's simply a matter of time.

Hopefully the unintended consequences aren't as severe as those with alcohol.

We have people in the suburbs driving around on heroin. Talked a a cop the other day and it is a large problem, at least in this area. Realistically POT will go legal, but I don't think it will have any effect on people smoking it/eating it. Its easy enough to get now. It will put the sellers out of business and provide taxes. It will take time though, probably many years. Hell, I smoked my first joint in 8th grade.

Archived